Bug details

Touch Screen no longer works in Preview Mode - Worked perfectly prior to December 2018

Button transitions just flash when pressed on touch screen, even though they work correctly when clicked via mouse.

The touch screen worked perfectly over the last few months, I'm assuming it quit working with the last update (or around that time). My touch screen works with every other item in XD and any other application, it just won't activate the transitions in 'Preview Mode'

I have the lastest update of XD - Version 14.0.42.14
Windows 10 PC

17 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Brett Pankey shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Comments are closed
  • Steve Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Disappointed to find that I am experiencing the same thing on my touchscreen Windows 10 laptop. One of the reasons I got the laptop was to be able to iterate on touch interfaces we are designing. Until this bug is fixed I will have to use some other competitive solution for prototyping.

• koyoko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

デスクトッププレビューにおいて、タッチ操作を受け付けなくなっていますが、これは仕様でしょうか? (ペン操作も同様)

• AdminNina Ramos (Adobe XD) (Program Manager, Quality, Adobe) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Markus:

From our investigation, this issue is specific to Win10 touch screen. I suggest validate against mobile devices. One cumbersome option is to use mouse/trackpad to trigger the events so you can validate the navigation.

I realize this isn't ideal and I hear you on the pain this is causing your development. Fix is upcoming!

Thanks!
    Nina

• Markus Wahlmueller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Nina, Hi Adobe-XD-Team,

This bug ist very frustrating. We just switched half year ago to XD and complete creative cloud of adobe, because XD has such a lot of advantages against other products.
    We are testing all Prototyps on different hardware and need reaction of touch. Without this function, Adobe XD maybe not even longer useable in our company.

This Bug appears on all used pc, different version of windows (build 1709, 1803) ... It's not even possible to switch back to older versions of XD because we developed already new prototypes, and these files cannot be opend in older XD-versions.

Please fix this bug as soon as possible.
    Do you think, that there may be a workaround right now. Please do not hesitate to interrupt me if I can give you information to solve this issue.

thanks

• Brett Pankey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks @Nina.

Do you have an estimate on how long until the next build is released? ...like ballpark (next week, next month, 3 months, next year, etc...)?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi- can we get any indication from XD that this issue is being addressed? The last update has not fixed this problem as it is directly affecting our ability to prototype with a touch screen! thanks

Hi this error is STILL present in the January update of XD. As I now can't revert back to last version of XD that did work (13.1.32.8) I now have an unusable prototype with my touchscreen?!!! Please fix asap?!

I am running Windows version 1803.

Windows Version: 1709
    Adobe XD Version: 14.0.42.14

I am experiencing this issue on two separate computers right now as well. Looking forward to a speedy solution to this issue.

• Michael O commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the exact same issue. Latest version doesn't work with touch input on touchscreen for preview, but older version does. Must be an issue with latest update. Very frustrating!!

• Brett Pankey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@ Lalita (Admin, Adobe)

Do you see this problem with all XD documents? -- Yes
    Did you try restart of XD and restart of PC? -- Yes & Yes
    Also let us know Windows version, you can check that by running command Win + R and type "winver" and hit enter. -- Version 1709

I have the latest update for XD as well (Version 14.0.42.14)

I didn't realize how big of a problem this was.... but it is big now. Many of my co-workers have since used XD for demo's and other things. We have Touch Screen Desktop monitors, Dell Touch Screen Notebooks, and Microsoft Surfaces that are all being used for demos and it shows poorly now that nothing is working (they were all working before the last upgrade). All comments in this post are similar to what we have experienced. Every feature works via touch, except button transition.

thanks for helping. Would love to get a resolution quickly as our demos depend on it!

Was frustrated to get to the event and not be able to use the touch capability. We tried it on PC & Mac, no luck with either computer, we confirmed the touch screen worked, it's some issue with the settings in XD or a bug. it registers the touch in preview mode but doesn't take the touch action, it only works with my mouse.

• Jesper Simonsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have opened a copy of an old document, to prevent any XD altering of format when opening, from January 2018 in version 14.0.42, which didn't have touch in Preview.
    Downgraded to previous version via Creative Cloud App (version 13.1.32) and here I had touch on the same document.
    Then I made a new document with a simple transition using Auto Animate in version 13, and made a small gif animation of it working > then upgraded to version 14 and opened the document, where the touch again didn't work = the last part of the gif animation.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LaSio3Emuh9HQ7BHIHZ9VeA0Pf5fNOf4
    I use Microsoft Surface Book 2 13", my colleague has Dell XPS 13"

I opened the xd file format and extracted the contents in order to diff them, and only spotted a real difference with a new folder, "renditions", with two preview png's in it (and their references in the manifest file).
    I don't think it is the file format, but here they are just in case:
    Version 13: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TINAJN5tovkv0VBHg9onRZT3bKkEEaYj
    Version 14: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1p6PfkSIMALIW8kvewbIkA_C14mwMOLfA

• Jesper Simonsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the exact same issue. Win10 version 1809 (updated today) as well as the version before that.
    My coworker pointed it out as well. Touch works everywhere else than in Preview mode. You can even close the Preview window with touch, just not interact with it.

• Nina Laursen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same (very frustrating) problem. Suddenly, you can only interact with the preview mode using your mouse.
    I have restarted both XD and my PC, and it does not help. I have tried it on different touch screens. Still no luck.

The problem exists in all my XD documents (old and new). When trying to downgrade to a previous XD version, all documents that have been modified in the new version cannot be opened in the previous XD version. So I am stuck.

XD version: 14.0.42.14
    Windows version: Windows 10.

• AdminLalita (Admin, Adobe) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Brett,

That is strange.
    Do you see this problem with all XD documents?
    Did you try restart of XD and restart of PC?
    Also let us know Windows version, you can check that by running command Win + R and type "winver" and hit enter.

Regards,
    Lalita
    Adobe XD

Feedback and Knowledge Base