Bug details

After cloud documents XD takes forever to launch/start

Hi, since last update where adobe introduced save to cloud when I start XD the window is blank for a very long time. Everything is slow, laggy, and the save button freezes randomly, even when document is saved on the computer and not cloud. The new update has made working on XD very frustrating.

8 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Derek Rudel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an issue for me as well. I've got several master components that live in a cloud doc, and now I can't edit them without XD freezing. Selecting an object, moving the frame around, zooming — any action causes the beach ball of death to appear for sometimes up to 30 seconds in some instances.

• Louise Rudbäck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem. VERY frustrating. Most of my work is done in XD and this problem causes me to spend around 2 hours each day waiting for it to work again. Would like an update on how things are going with this.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here. File is painfully slow with about a hundred symbols. Everytime I create something, app freezes 4 seconds to save it. Deal breaker.

• Aaron Garrett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having similar issues to this. In my case, when I have my design system file open (stored in cloud documents) its fine when only that file is open. When I simultaneously have a separate another XD document open that is using symbols from the design system and something gets saved in the design system file CPU usage goes to like 500%+. If both files are local, this does not appear to be an issue.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also have the same experience. The cloud-first approach is making even local files' recognition extremely slow. It seems to be synchronous, not async. The local "recent" thumbnails don't show for at least 30-45 seconds!

While adding and improving cloud and collab features, please give an option to disable cloud functions. I work locally on XD files by myself. So these cloud features are actually hurting my productivity to the point where I no longer open XD unless I absolutely have to. :(

• Oscar Cortez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My experience is the same. If I disable the wifi connection on my Mac, XD opens immediately. If I turn it back on, XD takes a long time to load (if at all), shows a spinning indicator over the "Recent" area and when I click to create a new prototype, it hangs forever.

Feedback and Knowledge Base