Bug details

General Functionality and bad UX - Adobe Switched to Cloud Documents (bug)

I'm beyond frustrated with XD at the moment. Since switching to cloud (because we were forced to, in order to use the xd app), things have been so bad with the keyboard not functioning. Beyond that, the sign in problems and long hangs from autosave just make this app unusable.

I'm in the final stages of app design, and I had to get everyone accustomed to using cloud documents for prototyping on mobile. this was a real pain, and still I'm having complaints from where to access the files. CC files with a connection to your desktop where you can share the whole work folder are much more preferable. Cloud documents create confusion because everyone is already linked up to CC files. it's very evident from he user community that the cloud documents move has major flaws.

1 vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To help clarify: What issue are you reporting?
1. You don’t care for Cloud documents workflow
2. When working with Cloud documents you notice performance slow downs
3. When working with Cloud documents you see issues with the keyboard driven commands

For No 1, you can still use XD to save files to your local drive as Lalita points out. For No 2-3 I’ll need more details to help determine what’s happening,
- AdobeID
- Geo location of where you’re accessing
- XD + OS version

For your reference, here’s some documentation for Cloud document workflows in XD, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRVCuOnh4DA&;
https://helpx.adobe.com/mt/xd/help/cloud-documents.html

Cheers!
Nina
Adobe XD

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminLalita (Admin, Adobe) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

You can also access local files from XD, either via welcome screen > Your computer or by using command <Ctrl + Shift + O> on Windows or <Cmd + Shift + O> on Mac.

Regards,
    Lalita
    Adobe XD

Feedback and Knowledge Base