Bug details

Unable to create new document

Hi,
I am using adobe XD for almost 1 year and using MacOS.
Yesterday I updated my xd to the latest version.
Noticed that "I am unable to Create New file"

Recent files are working fine.
Restarted my mac but didn't work for me. Need a solution.

9 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Shoaib Mahmud shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Alex Restuccia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Nina, I was finally able to solve this issue. Unfortunately I took a bit of a shotgun approach, so I'm not exactly sure how I got Core Sync to update (I repaired, uninstalled, reinstalled the CC app several times... in random orders). I now have Core Sync 4.1.0.29 and can create new documents in XD v14.

I'm afraid the core of the problem has to do with v14 defaulting to save new files in the cloud. In any number of scenarios where this is not possible (such as on a corporate network), it seems like the app is silently failing. It might be better to default new documents to the local disk instead of the cloud. but that's just my two cents :)

thanks for your help troubleshooting this issue. hopefully the others in this thread having the same issue can resolve it by updating to the latest version of Core Sync too.

• Asha B C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Ion,

Are you seeing any error message ? Can you please check the core sync version in creative cloud ?

Thank you,
        Asha
        Adobe XD

• Michael Silla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Trying to click on the preset file options (including custom size) and nothing happens. This means I can't create a new xd file, which is kinda crazy. Not a great first introduction to XD...

Nina, even after rebooting, a new CoreSync folder was created, but I still have version 4.0.0.46. I have a feeling that my corporation's network is preventing my machine from getting the update somehow. Could you describe to me the normal way that Core Sync gets updated so I can work with my IT department to allow it? (i.e. does it get updated from the CC app?) Thanks so much for your help!

• Ion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem. I've recently updated to the new version 14.0.42.14 and I can't create new files from scratch.

• Ion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can`t open a new file in the last update. The only way to "open" a new file is to one existing file and erase all the content.

Thanks Nina. I tried the instructions, but nothing happened. It didn't create a new "CoreSync" folder after I renamed the old one. I'm on a Mac, and it looks like my Core Sync.app is version 4.0.0.46.

Hi Nina, thanks for the reply. I've restarted my computer several times since i've updated to v14, and the issue still occurs. It's only with creating new files, I can open existing files just fine. Thanks!

• Tony Orsa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Nina, I probably should have commented back on this ticket, but creating new documents is working again. I'm not totally sure what fixed it but I did restart my machine and it seemed to be working again. It was at the time opening existing files but not creating new ones. You can close the ticket out as resolved.

Thanks!

• Tony Orsa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On a clean restart, I am unable to create a new document. I can open existing files, but when selecting from the main XD window any of the preconfigured sizes it does nothing. I've even tried to create a new file by clicking File > New and that doesn't work either.

I am on version 14.0.42.14

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

我刚刚下载的xd也是无法新建新画板.输入尺寸之后,没有反应.只能打开默认教程文件.

• Nancy Franco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same issue and i have the creative cloud version 4.7.0.400 and i just downloaded xd today

• Kim Ortiz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry to hear that you are having issues.

Can I ask you to check your Core Sync version?
        The compatible version for this XD release is Creative Cloud Sync 4.1.0.29 (under Creative Cloud/Preferences/File)

Ensure you have the latest Creative Cloud desktop and sync versions. If not, verify you have “Always keep Creative Cloud up to date” enabled in preferences, restart Creative Cloud desktop app for update prompt.

Be sure to review the following details for info on Cloud Documents workflow:
        https://helpx.adobe.com/mt/xd/help/cloud-documents.html
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_TmuOJmdkI&feature=youtu.be

Kim Ortiz
        Adobe XD

I have a problem with the Mac version: I can't create a new artboard. On the homepage, when I select the custom size or web, iPhone and ... nothing will happen. I'm using the latest version of Adobe XD.

Hej Nina,
        Nope, on my Mac it says 4.0.0.46. Still I have uninstalled and re-installed both XD and Creative Cloud a number of times

Cheers
        Ulf

• Nilton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is no option to create a new file on my Ipad Pro. So desapointed.

I too have the same problem. But only on Mac at work where I have Mojave installed. At home my Mac is still running High Sierra and there the latest upgrade works lika a charm

Feedback and Knowledge Base