Bug details

Error: "Unable to create new cloud document" or "Error 61 Failed to move component file" when creating/saving XD cloud file

27 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Alex Schmid shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

32 comments

Comments are closed
  • Sepas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On Mac: I closed Creative Cloud App and then I created the new document in XD. It worked! It seems that there is an issue with CC App.

• Jokuc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only solution possible at the moment is to go in

Settings -> Storage -> Change where new content is saved -> Apps -> Pick same drive as Creative Cloud is installed on.

• Jokuc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is horrible. I can't open the damn program cause it can't sync with Creative Cloud as CC is installed on C:\ and XD by default installs to D:\ because it's an app. Fix this issue already.

• Chi Ax commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Quite possibly, it's because my creative cloud app is not installed to C: but due to the configuration of the laptop I bought, my C: drive is a rather small SSD while my D: drive is a much bigger HDD. SO, I'd much rather install everything to D:

• Chi Ax commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there! I followed the instructions in the link and now even my creative cloud files cannot sync. :(

• Ron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

getSharedResourcesFilePath(): Could not load component: Code: 52

• Avichal AGrawal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot open Cloud Documents. I get an error
    "getSharedResourcesFilePath(): Could not load component: Code: 52"
    Local Files Open Normally, but all the cloud documents are giving me errors.
    Please Help.

XD Version - 16.0.2.8
    CC Version - 4.2.0.25
    Windows 10 Fully Updated

• Israel Lucas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So Nina, as the v15 update came up, I thought it would be fixed.
    Now, instead of error 61, it says "There was a problem creating a new cloud document", then the preset artboard is not created. However, I can create it manually and use the presets on the sidebar.

Waiting for your feedback
    Israel

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this ever going to get fixed? I moved from Sketch to XD and now very disappointed!
    I'm installed in default directory on a non partitioned drive and it just doesn't work.

• Israel Lucas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Nina,

Tried going through the recommended steps but I'm still getting the same error. Only the v13.1 is working properly. Tried installing both on C: and D: drives but still no success.

Thanks for your help,
    Israel

• Alex Schmid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Nina

Thanks for your work.

Anyway, it's still the same as in the beginning:
    V.14 doesn't work on other drives than C.

I'd strongly recommend checking the breaking changes between V.13 and V.14 as the older is working as expected.
    Until you've got a proper solution, I'll unhappily stick to the old one as running it on C is not a possibility for me.

Kind regards and thanks for your help

Alex

• Ahsan Idrisi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So everything seems fine but one problem
    Somehow my Adobe XD was installed on my Western Digital Partitioned G: drive rather than my C (SSD drive)
    So I moved it back using Windows Apps but I had to uninstall and Install it again to install it again on my C drive which was the Default location
    and now the problem is fixed

My C Drive where Adobe XD is working fine is an SSD and also it is not partitioned

• Fernando Henrique commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just clean installed on my Windows 10 SSD (no partitions) and the same error reported occours. Uninstalled and reinstalled XD and Creative Cloud and the message when opening new files persist.

Adobe XD Version: 14.0.42.14
    Creative Cloud Version: 4.7.0.400

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adobe XD Version: 14.0.42.14
    Creative Cloud Version: 4.7.0.400

Since the move of XD from the sync option to cloud saving my existing documents wont upload (they are just stuck as "saving", waited four hours for a 12mb file without result) and new documents throw up an error message.

Have tried reinstalling and updating everything from Adobe XD to the CC client to renaming the Adobe Sync folder and letting the client repair it.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base