Bug details

Error (sometimes "Error 50" message) when trying to save XD file to Cloud Documents

New XD update (December 2018) works great on my main machine (Windows 10 v1803). Though on my other machine with older Windows 10 (v1703 15063.447) I get this weird behavior. Maybe it is on Windows side, but I'd liked to report it just in case.

22 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Saber Naeemi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

@Sander The error indicates Adobe Sync is either out of date or not running correctly. Looks like you’ve got the latest version for AS.

Restarting your machine should do the trick. This help page has a few more steps to help (re-installing entire Creative Cloud is not one of them :) https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/issue-saving-xd-file-creative-cloud.html

If you still see the problem, can you share the following log files via cloud location (WeTransfer, Dropbox etc) to xduv@adobe.com (be sure to share link for this post so we know what we’re tracking), https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Thanks!
    Nina

40 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Paul Panzu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Quand j'essaie de créer un nouveau document dans "documents en ligne" afin de pouvoir le visualiser sur mobile j'obtiens l'erreur indiquée dans l'image.
        De même quand j'ouvre un fichier et que je tente de l'exporter en faisant "Enregistrer sous" puis je coche "Documents en ligne", le fichier ne s'enregistre pas.

• Saber Naeemi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sure Nina, always happy to help ^_^

And yes of course, I will send you the log, but it will take some time since I don't have access to that specific system till Saturday.

Cheers,
        Saber.
        Adobe XD User

• Manuel B. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here but no error message. Since the last update of Adobe Xd (iOS) all my projects have disappeared. But the projects are all still in the Creative Cloud. Save as Cloud document is not possible. Nothing happens.

• Saber Naeemi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Nina,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, apparently the problem was due to an outdated version of Creative Cloud Sync. After updating to 4.1.0.29, the problem is gone.

But the updating process was not as easy as described. Even though I did update the Creative Cloud Application, the Core Sync would not update. No matter which how many times I tried, Core Sync refused to update, likely because it was in use by some kind of Adobe application or service.

The solution as Adobe suggested was the huge time consuming way of uninstalling all Adobe applications along with Creative Cloud Application or I could come up with an alternative easier solution, and that is what I exactly did.

So with your permission I would like to share my solution for anyone who might get here from the search. This solution does not require any Adobe App or the ACC to be uninstalled.

1. Exit from all Adobe Applications (including Adobe Creative Cloud itself).

2. From the Windows Task Manager, force-end all Adobe related services. For this you can either use Windows Task Manager or third part tools such as Process Explorer by Microsoft. I used the latter solution and simply killed the process tree of "Adobe Desktop Service.exe"

3. Then go to the below path and rename the "Adobe Sync" folder to "Adobe Sync-OLD".
        "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe"

4. Now re-run the Adobe Creative Cloud application and wait for the update process to happen.

5. Since the ACC can not find the Core Sync app it will download newest version of Creative Cloud Sync from Adobe servers.

6. Open Adobe XD and you would no longer see the 50 Error and the app would work like it used to!

Regards,
        Saber.

• Nigel kirkby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

me too. Windows 10 1709 all CC apps up to date and the Adobe XD preview app on my iPhone (iOS 12.1) is showing no files at all, even though I just opened them and did a 'save as' cloud docs. Worked perfectly yesterday.

• AdminLalita (Admin, Adobe) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Yerom_D,

Do you mean the link to document in email is not working for you?

If yes, which XD version you have on the machine where you are trying to open document via link in email?

You need to have XD latest release build 14.0.42.14 to open the shared cloud document. Please install teh required build from creative cloud and then check the behavior.

Regards,
        Lalita
        Adobe XD

• Yerom_D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sharing document link doesn't work cloud

When i share a document on cloud, Xd send a mail to open it but the link doesn't work at all.

• Marlou Kellenaers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@ Nina:

1. Private network @ home
        2. Since the update I can't share my file (because I can't save it in the Cloud)
        3. Where do I find my Adobe user ID?
        4. I have Creative Cloud Version 4.70.400 (live in the Netherlands)
        XD version = 13.1.32
        Windows 10 64-bit

Before the update I could save my file in the Adobe Creative Cloud Files.

Can you please help me?

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Similar to Muff, I don't have the latest Creative cloud sync version but I'm not seeing a way to update it. The checkbox you suggested was already checked. Tried repairing CC installation and restarting. No luck.

- XD version: what was last released in December
        - OS version: macOS Mojave
        - Creative Cloud desktop version: 4.7.0.400

• Muff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's working! I have done it by a complete cleaning via their Adobe_CCleaner_Tool and reinstalled CC. Now it works! I am very happy I thank you for the help!

Solution: Update Creative Cloud Sync to the latest version.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have tried everything, even their suggestion CC Sync does not update itself, no matter what I try. Complete ** cleaning as well as new installation doesn't do anything. CC Snyc always stays with the same old version. I am not asked what to do anymore to update CC Sync. As if anything would block the update program.

- XD version: what was last released (Update from 16.12.18)
        - OS version: Windows 10 Version 1809
        - Creative Cloud desktop version: 4.7.0.400
        - Creative Cloud sync version: 3.0.3.6
        if I save it locally (in the Creative Cloud folder) everything is fine and it will be synchronized, but I can't save it as a Cloud Document! So don't use it with the XD App. Even a newly created file cannot be saved as a cloud document!

I can no longer find the file that is in my Creative Cloud on the Adobe XD APP. I can also NOT save the file as a cloud document!

If I try to save it as a cloud document... nothing happens.

On the start page in Adobe XD when I click on Cloud document I get the message "An error has occurred".

2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base