Bug details

Images are flipped upside down in pdf export

I exported the file as jpeg and as pdf. In the pdf some of the images were flipped upside down inside the image container. I can only think that it is linked to the fact that I copied the images directly from a website without saving them first.

I've attached the 2 files for you to compare and review.

9 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Walt West shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Walt West commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Nina, I had a call with support where we troubleshooted the issue. Looks lik it is an issue on macOS Mojave 10.14.1 when viewing a pdf with Mac's Preview App. It interprets images that are masked incorrectly and flips these images and repeats them within the container. Preview on macOS High Sierra works fine. The PDF also views correctly when opened in Acrobat Reader or Acrobat DC Pro or in the Chrome browser. So the issue seems to be with Apple and their Preview app.

Hi, I've done everything you asked for and the app has been updated a few times since I've started to have this issue. I'm promoting XD as the next app to take over the world. And now I have to send PDFs to a client and it looks terrible. Can you PLEASE help me get this resolved? Could it be something on my iMac or setup? It does the same on my MacBook Pro. How can I help you help me?

https://we.tl/t-OozaakvkS2

Here is the link to the XD file. I will appreciate if you can see what's happening. It's happening with all my pdf exports so I have to send jpg's at the moment to clients. I have the following setup:
    iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)
    4 GHz Intel Core i7
    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB
    Running macOS Mojave Version 10.14
    Adobe XD Version 12.0.12.10, Creative Cloud Sync 4.0.1.60

Yes and no, some of the images are repeated but I also see the images upside down and repeating in the section under the top banner. Another image that is upside down is the image next to the categories. And the images in the section directly under the icons section are also all upside down.

Feedback and Knowledge Base