Bug details

Undo (cmd + z) stops working

I have discovered that the undo function (cmd + z) stops working in XD after I have worked on a document for a while. Things that I typically undo is positioning of elements. Undo starts working again if you quit and reopen XD.

This has happened a few times the last week.

Environment details:
- macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6
- Adobe XD version 11.0.22.10

68 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ole Fredrik Lie shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

52 comments

Comments are closed
  • Jason Hollister commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please prioritize this problem, it is maddening. I feel like with the resources Adobe has something like this should really not exist in the while for more than say, 3 or 4 days. This is a critical bug and should be considered with a similar priority to a major feature being broken.

• Asjoben Drabilika commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah it keeps happening but what i do is just click desktop button (windows 10) and refresh when i come back into XD its working fine..Try doing that until it gets fixed.
    Cheers

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This happens to me ALL THE TIME. No idea what the cause is.

(mac OSX 10.11.6, Avid MC v8.6.5)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same issue on all keyboard shortcuts, periodically freeze (windows 10 + last version of XD). When i change window panel to other program and after return on XD windows the keyboard return to work.
    I hope this problem will fix asap!

• Noel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to restart XD to make the Undo function work again. I just updated XD because I thought the update will fix it but its not.

• Dave R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem on Windows 10. Undo / Ctrl-Z stops working periodically, and I have to restart XD to get it working again. Super annoying! Very disrupting!

• Chase commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having a few issues including this one, all of which seem to be happening to others.

1. ctrl + z (or any shortcut) stops working
    2. Layers Panel freezes/glitches and layers can no longer be rearranged or renamed. One layer name gets stuck to the front of the interface and doesn't go away until all XD windows are closed (even if they are not part of the same document).
    3. It keeps saving to the Document Cloud instead of my PC, but when I try to find it in the Document Cloud there is no trace of it there. I lost a lot of work the first time it happened today as well.
    4? When I exit XD I get a warning saying something along the lines of, "Adobe XD is being used for sharing right now, do you still want to exit?". I'm not sure what that means.

Restarting XD or my PC fixes the problem temporarily. I tried to continue working, consciously saving to the correct location this time. After having to restart for the 5th time I gave up though.

I'm on Windows 10. I had this issue before and after getting the latest update as of today.

• Philip Zammit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has This been fixed? I'm having to restart my Mac everytime and it's hindering my productivity greatly

Also having issues with the same bug. I suppose I should count myself as lucky seeing as there are people here reporting losing several hours of work.

Very unfortunate! Lost a lot of trust in Xd today :-(

How do I retrieve XD backups from cloud? There doesn't seem to be a way to download. I can view the files?

Undo is not working and I have accidentally deleted everything. All the artboards are still there, just blank. All work today gone!!!! When I look at the file in Cloud Documents it says it was last worked on 2 hours ago???? How do I download that, so I can start again?

• Nick Fitchpatrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Was able to replicate this issue by doing the following:
    - Created a new XD file
    - Drew a line and then clicked in pasteboard area to deselect line
    - Tested shortcuts: moved it 10px to the right and used CMD+Z to move it back to the original spot
    - Drew a second line and ***immediately without ever unselecting the line*** hit CMD+3 (zoom to object), shortcut did not work
    - All shortcuts I tried after that did not work

I think this issue is caused by creating an object on the artboard and using a shortcut while the object is still selected.

XD version: 15.0.12.8, Creative Cloud Sync 4.1.0.29
    OS version: Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G65)

• LB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow, I didn't realize this was an issue, and just had it happen. I would've lost a lot of work, but I noticed CMD+Z stopped working AND could no longer Save my working document. I had to Save As so I didn't just lose a couple hours of work. And I'm about to head into a demo of this prototype!

1. Version 15.0.12.8
    2. High Sierra 10.13.6
    3. Restarting XD does seem to have fixed the issue on the original file, but boy is that scary to not realize your file wasn't saving for an extended period of time!

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base