Bug details

Unwanted top padding in Text elements

Hi Dear Adobe Team,

Please find the attachment and kindly have a look on "Upgrade" text surrounded by light blue line (i.e. text wrapper). Clearly there is an padding at the top, which is creating problems like aligning text vertically respect to its parent dark blue box. Because it is assuming that box(light blue box with dot at the bottom) height as text element height. This problem is wasting so much of time in aligning text vertically.

Hoping to see this feature in future, screenshot is attached below.

Thanks in advance,
Milan Gautam

2 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Milan Gautam shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Simon Dermota commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not a "local issue". Fonts are rendering fine on Adobe Illustrator as example but not in Adobe XD.

• Fritz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hej,
        i have the same issue and am happy to found a forum here. I'm a graphic designer growing into UI and Webdesign and XD is one of my favourites. But what frustrates me big time is the padding around the textbox. So it's tricky for me to align Textelements vertically consistently. Especially when i'm working through Video Tutorials on YouTube it's driving me crazy because i can't follow along that precise because of the different textboxsizes. I would REALLY appreciate if this will be fixed! :)

All the best and good luck,
        Fritz

• Jan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not a typekit problem. It happens with all my local fonts. Same issue with point text and area text. The type is either pushed to the top of the text box or the bottom in addtion to cases where the type has higher space on top than below. The textbox doesn't surround the type without this uneven padding so to speak. I've run trough ton of typefaces from my local Windows installation and the type changes position inside the textbox all the time. It occurs with solid typefaces like Roboto, SF, Gotham, Arial, OpenSans as well as with lesser known typefaces. It's VERY annoying cause I have to tediously position the text manually in order to get stuff aligned in my layout. Can't use XD's alignment tools cause they measure from the edge of the textbox as expected. Please fix it!

• Jan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I keep getting different textbox gaps in XD based on what typeface I'm using. This makes it impossible to align things by using the software's alignment tools cause they measure from where the edge of the textbox is. Sometime the text is glued to the topmost part of the box, other times it gets these gaps as you see here, and sometimes those top and bottom gaps vary in distance with same type size but with different fonts. I don't get this in other vector based applications such as Illustrator. Point text or area text doesn't change this issue. What's going on?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same issue with pretty much every font. very annoying. If I have a line of 16px text with 24px line height, and the text box is 24px tall (should automatically do this for point text), the text should center vertically in it.

• Milan Gautam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The problem is it's now our brand font and i have to use this only. and is there any way to add custom fomts to typekit because while previewing prototypes also fonts don't render.

Hey Nina,

I just updated XD and now there is no padding problem for other all other fonts, but the font I'm using is Galano Grotesque and for that the problem is same. Padding issue is still there for this font type, but I need a solution for this anyway. Please help.

Thanks,
        Milan Gautam

I tried all fonts, but the problem is same. Currently I'm working on Windows 10, and after it was updated a month or two, I'm seeing this problem. I have previous version on other system, there is no padding top in that case.

Thanks,
        Milan Gautam

Hi Nina,

I've already checked this before, there is no extra return in my text element.

Thanks,
        Milan Gautam

Feedback and Knowledge Base