Bug details

Text formatting within same Text Field broken

1. Version: latest (as of (07/02/18)
2. Steps to reproduce: Create Textbox, have different formatting within it (e.g. heading in bold and underlined). When going to the non-heading line that is not bold or underlined and trying to write before the existing text but in the same line, it will adopt the formatting of the heading instead of the text that comes after. Word and Google Docs solve it pretty nicely. Bug has been around since I started using XD (more than a year). Essentially it's a bug in the formatting for different lines (what would be a <br> in HTML) that instead it carries over the formatting from previous lines, even after text in the line has already been changed.

8 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Alrik shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Alrik:

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Dp you see this problem with all fonts and in all documents? Or do you note the issue is with specific fonts, files or formats? Are you using fonts from font manager (Typekit, etc)? Are you working on multiple OS (Mac/Win or multiple machines).

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are experiencing the same issue, even using default arial font.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having the same issue. It happens for system fonts and Typekit fonts. I am only on MAC. The only workaround I have found is to break apart the text that needs different formatting from the rest of the paragraph. That's works ok for subheads on separate lines but is not a good workaround for text in the middle of a paragraph.

Version: 14.0.42.14

• Alrik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also formatting information isn't carried over when using copy and paste
        e.g. copying text that has some words underlines/bold/cursive, upon paste all the previous formatting will be ignored and adjusted to the formatting of the target area.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been seeing this a lot recently in XD:

The Helvetica Neue Bold – 12pt character style jumps forward by a number of characters.

It always has the correct number of characters, just in the wrong place.

The screenshot is taken from an un updated phone prototype to show the correct headings.

They have not been edited.

• Miranda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm formatting text in XD, (bolding certain words in a paragraph, making bullet text smaller than body copy), and after I close or minimize the file for more than a few minutes, the formatting becomes sporadic. Some letters in a word are bold, some are not. Some letters and words in a line become a larger point size than others. Some letters are bolded that were never set to bold in the first place. Any thoughts?

Feedback and Knowledge Base