Bug details

Blank White Screen Is Seen On Launching Xd (#49863)

A blank white screen is seen on launching XD, when in the first instance the XD sign in dialog was closed and the user had signed in through the Sign in screen. Recommended workaround is to relaunch the application.

Un écran blanc vide apparaît lors du lancement de XD
Un écran blanc vide apparaît lors du lancement de XD quand, lors de la première instance, la boîte de dialogue de connexion à XD a été fermée et que l’utilisateur s’est connecté via l’écran de connexion. Pour contourner le problème, nous vous recommandons de relancer l’application.

Beim Start von XD wird nur ein leerer weißer Bildschirm geöffnet
Beim Start von XD wird ein leerer weißer Bildschirm angezeigt, wenn in der ersten Instanz das XD Anmeldedialogfeld geschlossen wurde und der Benutzer sich über den Anmeldebildschirm angemeldet hat. Eine empfohlener Workaround ist das erneute Starten der Applikation.

XD の起動時に空の白い画面が表示される
XD ログインダイアログが初めて閉じられ、ユーザーがログイン画面からログインしている場合、XD の起動時に空の白い画面が表示されます。推奨される回避策は、アプリケーションを再起動することです。

XD 실행 시 비어 있는 흰색 화면이 표시됨
첫 번째 인스턴스에서 XD 로그인 대화 상자가 닫히고 사용자가 로그인 화면을 통해 로그인한 경우, XD 실행 시 비어 있는 흰색 화면이 표시됩니다. 권장되는 해결 방법은 애플리케이션을 다시 실행하는 것입니다.

8 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminDani Beaumont (Principal Product Manager | XD, Adobe) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

21 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jeff Leath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have been using Adobe XD for about a month now and just experienced it. Empty blank white screen that just sits there. The first occurrence I let it sit awhile, reloaded it, killed all of the adobe services and retried again with no success. Rebooted, still happened.

Loaded it up this morning and it did the same thing but after about 5 min it finally loaded the opening screen. After I selected my project Adobe Cloud prompted me with: "Conflict Installing XD CC - Please save your work and close the following programs for all logged in users, then click continue: Adobe XD CC"

It installed an Update for Adobe XD and after reloading seems to be working fine.

• Niharika Gupta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks Sonny for sharing the video. Can you please try Signing out and signing again and see if it resolves the issue?

Regards,
        Niharika Gupta
        Adobe XD

• Niharika Gupta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

Does the welcome screen load once you wait for some time? Can you record a small video clip of the issue and send it across?

Regards,
        Niharika Gupta
        Adobe XD

• Sonny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fresh install of Adobe XD, and all that happens upon launch is a blank, white screen.

• MW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our university campus uses Adobe products widely, however we've never been able to use XD. When I speak with our helpdesk, they share that this is a known issue . . . no one on campus can use it . It would be great to give it a try!

• Balthazar Berstarke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

styl's solution did not work for me, but it got me thinking and proding around, and it led me to a working solution.

Make yourself the owner of the "Windowsapps" folder.

Once I did that, XD started working again, and no crashes in sight. I didn't test much further on what specifically needs permission (probably just the XD folder in there would work, I think), but it does seem to be related to the permissions system, as I did manage to consistently reproduce the problem and solution by changing ownership between TrustedInstaller and an user account.

• styl umber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HELLO GUYS THIS THE ONLY SOLUTION ABOUT WHITE OR BLACK SCREEN RELATED TO ADOBE APP IN WINDOWS 10. THE PROBLEM SEEMS TO BE THE LAST UPDATE OF THE GRAPHIC DRIVERS(Intel(R) HD Graphics) . IF YOUR COMPUTER HAS 2 GRAPHICS DRIVER LIKE MINE(INTEL AND NVIDIA) , JUST MAKE A RIGHT CLICK ON THE SOFTWARE ICON IN DESKTOP GO TO( run with graphic processor) - click on ( integrated graphics ) for me, already set it like the default(note that High-performance NVIDIA processor was my default before ). also you can change the default graphics in (change the default graphics processor ).

Screenshot (13).png

IF YOUR COMPUTER HAS only(intel(R) HD) go to the setting and restore the previous driver

• Ronald Montenegro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As today January 24 2018 the bug still exists, the solution of Aldo Arriga worked for me:

As mentioned below, so far my workaround is Ctrl+O and opening another file.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On Windows 10 1703, 15063.726

Adobe XD 2.0.32.10.

1. Click preview button and immediately click on the main window again, before the preview has loaded. Basically double-click on the preview button, with the windows.

2. Switch to preview window. It is blank.

3. Close the preview window, because it is useless.

4. Single-click the preview button. Nothing happens, no preview window opens.

5. Quit XD.

6. Attempt to open XD from start menu; nothing happens, because it never actually closed completely.

7. Go to task manager, end task for the XD process.

8. Reopen your stuff, and the preview button works again.

• Aldo Arriaga commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

It doesn't crash. I restarted and logged out and issue persists.

As mentioned below, so far my workaround is Ctrl+O and opening another file.

• AdminVic Mitnick (Admin, Adobe) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry you're having this trouble - that definitely sounds annoying!

Does XD crash after a while?
        Does restarting your computer help?
        Does logging out in the CreativeCloud desktop app and back in help?

thanks,
        Vic

• Aldo Arriaga commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An update on this. If I open a project file, the whole workspace is back in. But if I start a new project, it will get back to the blank screen as image attached. Without any interface loading.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base