Bug details

Prototype Review by page vs. flow not consistent

My client does not like to always view the prototype in full screen mode, since it is easier to view the prototype link by page, so we can discuss by page number for easier discussion on group conference. There is an issue with consistency of page number order and full screen mode flow. I first thought it had to do with the page layers not in order, (see screenshot), but that was NOT the case. I troubleshooted and realized when an artboard was higher on the X-Y coordinates on the overall board, that then made the page higher in order and ignored the page layers. I would think the page layers should make the order not placement on overall board. Does that make sense?

1 vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kristin Moore shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Greetings Kristen:

We display the artboards in left to right, top to bottom as you’re looking at the project. You should be able to reorder the artboards on the screen, save, and update the prototype to see a changed order. If you’re not, please let us know and I can get a developer looking at that.

Thanks!
Nina
Adobe XD

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Kristin Moore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Nina, I understand that the artboards are displayed from left to right and top to bottom. Then whats the purpose of the artboards order of layers?

I would think that the purpose of the artboards order of layers is to show the prototype in this order, but currently it does not.

I found the issue when I was working on an app where one screen had two different paths based upon the user making a selection. Artboard#1 of the path was to the left, then artboard#2 was to the right but higher than artboard#1, allowing for artboard #2B to be below. This then made the prototype pages inconsistent with the prototype full view mode. Hard to explain in words, would need to post a snapshot, but no ability in this reply form....

Feedback and Knowledge Base