Unable to reliably sync XD files with CC to team members
I have a team of multiple users trying to sync folders of XD files up to Creative Cloud and then down to computers so that we can always all have the latest versions of files. This is an integral function for us to have cloud control over our files. We are all located remotely around the world. Over the last few weeks we have all had issues with syncing on and off.
- Member 1 adds XD file to CC folder on local machine (or saves file updates).
- Member 2,3,4 can see update in Cloud but NOT downloaded to local computer. Sometimes users cannot sync up to cloud. Unknown amount of misaligned files dispersed amongst team now.
- Members see error code with no information.
ATTEMPTS TO RESOLVE
We have attempted the following:
- Log out, log in
- Uninstall CC using uninstaller tool. https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html
- Reinstall CC https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/desktop-app.html
- Archive ALL folders from CC Cloud. (local backups made)
- Create new location to sync to on local machines
- Create new folders in CC
- NEW folders sync down to local machines
- Added Files of JPG format WILL sync, with all updates to all users. Including remove / delete.
- File formats of XD format will sync down SOME on 1st sync. Additional files MAY or MAY NOT sync. Note this ONLY effects XD file formats.
- No way to tell reliably if all users have all files. All files for all users now considered out of sync.
- No special or cryllic characters in any file names.
- All members have good wifi.
- Members all have Adobe Accounts, but are not all on the same billing plan / team.
- We cannot use a foundational part of Adobe. We are having to use 3rd party tools in order to share our files (e.g drop a file in slack, next person checks to pick it up. Causes lots of "new" files and versions of files to be created rather than continuing work on same file. Extreme confusion from staff. Very upset team leader.
This bug report is quite stale. There’s been a significant number of changes that impact this area, including the release of XD Cloud documents with XD 14 in Dec 2018.
In order to accurately track current status, I’m closing this report. For issues with XD Cloud documents see this help page, https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/issue-saving-xd-file-creative-cloud.html
Sincere apologies for any inconvenience,
10 commentsComments are closed
This fix needs to come now. My team has the same type of issues. Bottom line- XD cloud docs don't sync as expected and file conflicts arise but no one knows why.
Alex H commented
I have an XD file that has been out-of-sync with my other machines since July 2018!! I've tried everything! I can't get the files to sync!!
Tyler Disney commented
This issue seems to relate exclusively to XD files. We are not having issues with any other file types syncing to Adobe CC.
We have to publish out a different public prototype link for every rendition of these XD files because they aren't syncing up properly. If anyone else touches the file, it will not sync to the rest of our users, and we have to create new versions for each person editing the file.
This completely defeats the purpose of having a single prototype link that we can just update for our clients.
Alex H commented
Conflicted copy of file on Windows 10 machine. And the files that are available are not up-to-date with the latest version of the file on other machines.
Guthrie Watson commented
A massive problem as I often work remotely and my workaround was to save a new version.
I've a new work around which is to move the file outside of the creative cloud folder ie to my desktop and then sync downloads the most recent version with all the most recent changes.
No ideal but I'll take it.
Tim Wiseman commented
Hope everyone at Adobe had a great holiday weekend! Checking in on the status of this bug, do we know when it might be resolved? Looking forward to moving past this one, and not having to worry whether or not the machine I am using has the most recent file version. Keep us posted, thanks so much!
Andre Navas commented
We're experiencing the same problem, and it's very frustrating because it's impacting directly on our workflow.
Just so you know, it's becoming a real pain to the point that our designers want to stop working with XD even knowing it's probably a CC problem.
This should be a priority bug, please fix it asap.
Tim Wiseman commented
Morning, voting this up... it does need serious attention.
I have seen this issue brought up in other Adobe forums, bug reports on user voice. I have also talked with tech support in regard to file syncing issues specifically with Adobe XD files.
To be honest, I haven't been able to roll out the use of Adobe XD in the manner I would like to our entire team because the sync for XD files is not dependable.
Adobe XD is an amazing product, incredible new features being added very quickly, bringing even more value.
I find myself saving XD files as new versions to make sure that my desktop and laptop have the most recent files. The sync will stick for a period of time, I haven't noticed a pattern or activity that breaks the sync process. Once it breaks, I need to open the most recent version on machine #1 and save as a new file to open on machine #2.
Can we get this resolved for the August 2018 update?
Thanks so much for your attention, and help!
MR. KIM commented
See this forum post for more info. Log files are attached.
Ryan D commented
We have abandoned Creative Cloud in favor of Dropbox for this reason. If you have users on Mac and PC, that seems to play a part as well.