Bug details

Zoom tool and wacom tablet

I've got a problem with zoom tool and wacom tablet. When I activate zoom tool, and I'm trying to tap pen on the tablet to enlarge the canvas once time, it fits automaticly to 6400%. For example i want to fit canvas from 50% to 75%, but it zooms to 6400%. It is very irritating.
When I tried to understand why it happens, i'm thinking that application see one extra micro move from the pen: First (correct one) is tapping and second one is micro 1px move (and then resize canvas to 6400%). This is result because tablet pen isn't perfectly precise

13 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dmitry Borokh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Finally I've made it to work after hours of googling.
        Now I can nicely zoom in Photoshop 2018 win10 x64 with Wacom bamboo cth-670.
        I did these steps:
        - uninstalled drivers and every Wacom application found in 'Settings > Apps', rebooted
        - installed latest drivers (5.3.5-3 in my case), in 'Wacom Preferences' utility left all settings by default
        - main things will be tuned inside Photoshop: Edit > Preferences > Perfomance > Use Graphics Processor > enable, from here go to Advanced Settings and choose 'Advanced' and enable all checkboxes, then restart Photoshop. Then ensure that Window > Options is checked, then choose zoom tool in Tools panel and you will see options in menu section(on the top of the window, right under menu tabs) for zoom tool > check 'Scrubby Zoom', that's it
        - now when you hold simultaneously 'Pan/Zoom' button with 'Alt' key you are zooming canvas as expected

• Wiredframe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a Wacom Intuos Art and when trying to pan around the canvas with SPACE + DRAG nothing happens. (Windows 10)

Thanks in advance.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I usually use the button 1 option in my pen and drag to navigate/scroll in XD. But sometimes it does not work. To work again i need to tap the touch screen in my tablet with my finger, then it works again the feature to drag and navigate/scroll again with the pen...Quite annoying.

Wacom Latest driver. 6.3.30-6
        XD Up to date.
        Windows 10.

If you use mouse, when zoom tool is activated, left click and dragging a little to some side zoom our canvas to 6400%.

When you trying zoom canvas one time, for example from 50 to 75%, by tapping the pen, XD understand it as the same situation as above, because tapping by pen isn't precise (we have micro move) But indeed its very very irritating

i have the same problem, if you use mouse, when zoom tool is activated, left click and dragging a little to some side zoom our canvas to 6400%.

When you trying zoom canvas one time, for example from 50 to 75%, by tapping the pen, XD understand it as the same situation as above, because tapping by pen isnt precise (we have micro move) But indeed its very very irritating

windows 10, ver 10.0.16299, wacom intuos 4 L , driver: 6.3.25-5 , XD version 6.0.12.6

• Martin Cankov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

on second or third click all the sudden zooms all the way to 1600% or 3200% instead of going step by step when using pen with wacom tablet. very irritating bug

• Michel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Recently when I'm using the zoom tool, Adobe XD jumps from 100% to 1600% with just one click. It happens frequently, around 1 time out of 6.

• Khachik Badeyan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Happened for me too. When trying to zoom out, after releasing the fingers from the trackpad, the artboard is zooming in.

Really annoying.

• Cody King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the design mode, when clicking the zoom tool it will occasionally zoom in 300% or so and it really funks up the flow. It acts as if it skips 5 clicks and super magnifies the area.

Also, in prototype mode, the zoom tool short cut is gone...

Feedback and Knowledge Base