After opening Sketch-Dokument fonts can't be found
In Sketch I had the "Open Sans Bold" "Open Sans Extrabold" etc. When I open the document in XD it can not find the fonts (but they are activated in FontExplorer X Pro via Typekit). The error message says: Missing fonts:
It adds the word "regular" after every font!
Not sure how I missed your last reply! So sorry for the delay. Are things working better for you with this in our recent release?
I can't share the document due to my contract with my client. But these are the problems:
1. I did the H1 in uppercase letters! (I wrote normal but clicked the uppercase button in sketch). Maybe that makes the problems? For me it's a problem too, because I have to write it all LARGE and the the developer has to write it back small … :-( Xd needs more text transformation tools!!
2. Many dartboards were cut off, because the stage ist not infinite.
3. The "Open Sans Extra Bold" is displayed too thin after opening the sketch doc in Xd (I have 2 screenshots illustrating this, but I can't upload it here …). Maybe invisions "Craft" is doing something, because of it's "styles" (colors, text styles)?!?!?
thanks for the answer.
• I opened the Sketch-Document in XD.
• When I apply a character style my other fonts (Bold, italic etc. AND my serif font) will be transferred into the new style too?
• I just realized that many artboards are cut of, because it seems that the stage is not infinite … So then that's a reason to switch back to Sketch …
To replace a font for the whole document (like in InDesign) would be a nice feature
When I create a new document I can select the fonts! Sorry I can't share the document cause of my contract …
I'm not really sure, but maybe (in my old Sketch document) I took a different Open Sans font (not from Typekit maybe fontsquirrel.com …)
Thanks for sharing your feedback! Wondering, if you create a new document in XD, are you able to select the fonts you mention?
If you can, would you share your Sketch document? You can send directly to me firstname.lastname@example.org
XD Community Quality Manager.
Better text grouping is def more important.
AdminAndrei Datcu (Admin, Adobe) commented
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Unfortunately, what you have described above is a known limitation of our Sketch text import. Basically, at the moment XD prefers to split the letters in order to gain perfect visual accuracy (taking into account variable kerning and other custom font properties). Finding the right balance between visual accuracy and text grouping is still a work in progress. If you feel we should trade some of the visual accuracy for better text grouping please let us know.
Karl Mochel commented
I moved the pieces to make it apparent. It looked ok on paste, but when you went to move text only pieces move.
Karl Mochel commented
Text is broken up randomly in 0.6.2.7 when grouped object is pasted in from Sketch (40.3)