Bug details

After opening Sketch-Dokument fonts can't be found

In Sketch I had the "Open Sans Bold" "Open Sans Extrabold" etc. When I open the document in XD it can not find the fonts (but they are activated in FontExplorer X Pro via Typekit). The error message says: Missing fonts:

OpenSans-Bold-Regular
OpenSans-Extrabold-Regular

It adds the word "regular" after every font!

4 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Matza shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Matza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Nina!

I can't share the document due to my contract with my client. But these are the problems:

1. I did the H1 in uppercase letters! (I wrote normal but clicked the uppercase button in sketch). Maybe that makes the problems? For me it's a problem too, because I have to write it all LARGE and the the developer has to write it back small … :-( Xd needs more text transformation tools!!
    2. Many dartboards were cut off, because the stage ist not infinite.
    3. The "Open Sans Extra Bold" is displayed too thin after opening the sketch doc in Xd (I have 2 screenshots illustrating this, but I can't upload it here …). Maybe invisions "Craft" is doing something, because of it's "styles" (colors, text styles)?!?!?

Hi Nina,

thanks for the answer.
    • I opened the Sketch-Document in XD.
    • When I apply a character style my other fonts (Bold, italic etc. AND my serif font) will be transferred into the new style too?
    • I just realized that many artboards are cut of, because it seems that the stage is not infinite … So then that's a reason to switch back to Sketch …

To replace a font for the whole document (like in InDesign) would be a nice feature

@Nina Ramos:
    When I create a new document I can select the fonts! Sorry I can't share the document cause of my contract …
    I'm not really sure, but maybe (in my old Sketch document) I took a different Open Sans font (not from Typekit maybe fontsquirrel.com …)

• AdminAndrei Datcu (Software Engineer, Adobe) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Unfortunately, what you have described above is a known limitation of our Sketch text import. Basically, at the moment XD prefers to split the letters in order to gain perfect visual accuracy (taking into account variable kerning and other custom font properties). Finding the right balance between visual accuracy and text grouping is still a work in progress. If you feel we should trade some of the visual accuracy for better text grouping please let us know.

Thanks,
    Andrei Datcu

• Karl Mochel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I moved the pieces to make it apparent. It looked ok on paste, but when you went to move text only pieces move.

• Karl Mochel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Text is broken up randomly in 0.6.2.7 when grouped object is pasted in from Sketch (40.3)

Feedback and Knowledge Base