Bug details

XD files created in windows, not opening in Mac

I created this file in the beta version of XD. I'm not being able to access this file in Adobe XD 2018 version mac. However, it is opening fine in Adobe XD 2018 version windows.

4 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Aakash Aggarwal shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rafael Neri Polatto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cant open my windows file in mac, either:

"This file was created with a newer version of Adobe XD. This version of the file format is incompatible. Please upgrade your version of Adobe XD to open this file."

This is the error but I dont have any update to do...

• shobayr vakilzadeh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem i can not open the XD file created in windows in mac with no error ! my Adobe XD in mac has no problem , i have this problem since version 5.0.12.8 and even after update to 7.0.12.9 , both version in mac and windows are the same

• Venkat Ram Reddy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Aakash,

I figured it out. In my case the file did not open as i did not have the fonts installed which we used in the file. Ideally application must have promoted me instead it was crashing.

It must me same issue in your case as well give a try.

• AdminNina Ramos (Adobe XD) (Program Manager, Quality, Adobe) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Aakash:

Are you able to create new or open other files in XD Mac? You can try the XD Tutorial which is linked from the weclome screen.

I was able to open the file you include in this post. Has the license for your copy of Adobe XD Mac expired? It currently has a 7-day trial period.

Hope this helps!
        Nina
        XD Community Quality Manager

• Aakash Aggarwal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is no error message. The file just doesn't open on double clicking. However, the file opens fine when I drag and drop the file after opening Adobe XD. I'm running Adobe XD version 4.0.12.6 on OSX 10.13.3

Feedback and Knowledge Base