Bug details

CC library graphics with text boxes are shifting to the right

We're having issues when using graphics with text boxes within them - they are not honouring the position when brought into XD. The thumbnail within the CC library panel looks correct, but then when you drag it onto the screen, the text has jumped to the right (so far only experienced it to the right). It doesn't do it with all text boxes, but we can't work out the explicit situation it does occur.

2 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

libbie shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Georgi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also have the same issue, when I save assets with editable text from Illustrator to CC Library, when brought to XD the letters start shuffling up and down, spacing is weird as well. When I resize the whole linked object in XD it gets awful. The less rescaling in XD the better.

Is that a bug or am I doing something wrong when saving my assets in CC Library?

Please advise what to do, I don't want to convert all my text to outlines every time.

• libbie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Nina, I'm creating a graphic in Illustrator (the latest version), saving it to the CC library, and then dragging it into XD via the CC libraries panel. When I click to edit the graphic it takes me to an .ai file, but I'm not saving them as such, Illustrator does this by default when I create one.

If I save the graphic as an SVG and import it in, the spacing is correct, but I can't see a way of making Illustrator save it as an SVG instead of ai when adding to the library.

• AdminNina Ramos (Adobe XD) (Engineering Program Manager, Quality, Adobe) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Libbie:

Can you tell me a bit more about the files your working with? Specifically looking for details on where you create them, how are they saved and type of files they are (svg, tiff, etc).

Curious if you've have access to the original asset. If so, do you see same issue when importing into XD?

Look forward to helping you with this!

Cheers!
        Nina
        XD Community Quality Manager

Feedback and Knowledge Base