Bug details

XD will not open selected file

1. Version 5.0.12.8 (but I have experienced this bug over 6+ releases/months)

2. Repro Steps
A. Open any XD file (ie. first.xd) and let it load
B. Once loaded, open any second XD file (ie. second.xd) by double clicking on the file in the Window File Explorer
C. While the second file (second.xd) is loading, close the window for the second XD file (the one for second.xd that is still loading)
D. Double click the second XD file (second.xd)
E. Bug: the file does not load

Note 1: The file can still be loaded by going into any open XD program and using the Open option in the menu.
Note 2: If you close ALL the open XD files you can double click on the file (second.xd) and it will load as expected.

3. Expected: The file (second.xd) will open/load when double clicking through the windows file explorer.

4. Actual: The file (second.xd) does not open/load when double clicking through the windows file explorer.

5. I have experienced this on all my XD files. I recommend having a fair amount of content to be loaded in the file (second.xd) so that XD has some work to open the file, giving you a chunk of time to hit the close button.

Note
This is not a big deal, but it happens to me reliably and over many releases so I thought I would log a bug about it to make you aware. Let me know if I can provide any other info!

1 vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

richs shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)