Bug details

Frequent freezes and crashes

It feels like you really rushed this latest release (2.0.32.10) out the door. I'm having stability problems galore.

App freezes while I'm working. Unsure if these are related to the Type tool issues reported previously, but I am using the pointer and other tools when this happens.

I can't accurately reproduce the bug, but I can say that the decline is gradual. First, I cannot save via CTRL-S. Second, any selection of other tools no longer registers on the artboard. The hamburger menu at top left does not open. Eventually, the entire app just freezes and I'm forced to restart.

I keep losing work and it's taking three times as long for me to accomplish anything. I suggest you push a hotfix out as soon as possible.

168 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Greetings XD Community:

A lot has changed since this post first saw the light of day! While it has lots of great info, it’s become a bit generalized and at times different than the original issue. So, the time has come to close it.

To help us better understand & investigate XD issues with freezes and crashes, I ask you to please do the following:
1. Go the main page for XD User Voice bugs https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs, do a search to see if there are other open tickets with the same issue you’re experiencing.
If there’s nothing there, go ahead and open a new detailed post in the XD bugs forum with the following information:
1. XD version
2. OS version
3. Detailed steps to reproduce the issue
4. If you’re seeing problems in a specific file, sharing the XD file with us
5. System logs:
- Creative Cloud Logs, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html
- Win10 Crash dump logs, https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/how-to-generate-crash-dump-on-windows-machine.html

If you’re no longer experiencing this problem – great! Look forward to seeing your awesome prototypes in the world :D Tag me on Twitter @xdninaramos

Cheers!
Nina
Adobe XD

66 comments

Comments are closed
  • Rama Banerjee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

XD is freezing often and unless close and start again it's not allowing to do anything. Mostly happens while switching between applications like Photoshop or Illustrator.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Happens ALL THE TIME. It's fucking annoying. I feel like I'm back in high school when we didn't know better than to save every 5 minutes. But even 5 minutes of work at this level is highly frustrating to lose with no recourse. We pay hundreds of dollars a year with Adobe and this is the best you can do? Do better.

• Karo Runzlord commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, sometimes Xd is freezing, I can't click on any buttons and the keyboard shortcuts doesn't respond too.
    So when it's arrive, I do an Alt+Tab, go on a other soft or web browser, I do Alt+Tab again and then it's unlock.

... I just copied and pasted what Sylvain already said cos I witness the same thing and take the same steps to solve it

• Sylvain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, sometimes Xd is freezing, I can't click on any buttons and the keyboard shortcuts doesn't respond too.
    So when it's arrive, I do an Alt+Tab, go on a other soft or web browser, I do Alt+Tab again and then it's unlock.

• zhad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this also happens to me quite often now, it freezes randomly, sometimes it freezes as I save and right now its really stressing me out because of all the work i have to re-do.

• Andi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also experience several freezes per hour since the last release. So annoying!
    Win 10 Pro, Microsoft Surface Book, Non-touch work space with external monitor

• Roland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hmm my wacom driver is up to date. Altough i see performance issues over the whole suite. Illustrator and PS the same!

Hi , Im using windows 10 on dell 7560 , 8 gb ram , Nvidia 940 graphics , 1 TB HD for the lastet verson of Adobe XD . I have been using it since the beta days without it being flawless but now while working on something midway and clicking on the hamburger menu to select any of the options , the program just hangs ( you have to wait either for seconds or for minutes or it just crashes ). Similar thing happens when you try to import an image / bunch of images from a folder. I have to force quit it from the task manager.

• Fabiano Pessôa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi @Nina. I'm using a HUION tablet, model H950P. I copied a part of the file to another one and then it started working again. I can send it to you if you want to analyze it. I Tried too in other mac without the tablet and it happened again. So I suppose it's a problem with the file and the XD. :)

• John Arthur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this still an issue after 6+ months? I just lost 4 hours of work thinking i was saving every few minutes with cmd+s. I'm new to XD from sketch as this is what the client wants, but man this is not a good start.

• Fabiano Pessôa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Problem with type tool. Freezing after update. Version 8.1.22.2. Does not undo and anything else after trying to edit a text box. MacOS Sierra High, version 10.13.4 (17E202).

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello! I've been trying to use Adobe XD v7 but it crashes every time I try to use it. I downloaded the last version and still have the same issue!! I'm running on a macOS Sierra!! I do I fix it?

• Claudia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Couple days ago the program crashed several times, since then it opens three old files, at the same time, which seems i had open back then. Even after I moved the file somewhere else. XD still opens them. Where can i disable this behaviour?

Also, the programm loses focus - means shortcuts do not work anymore - I have to switch to a different program and back, to make it work again. Don't know what causes it.

XD 7.0.12.9
    WIN10

Também estou com o mesmo problema, depois da última atualização, ele fecha sozinho e não salva nada. Já perdi dois trabalhos por conta desse problema.

• Myles Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just lost a full morning's work... Guess this is going to mean I have to ctrl+s every ten minutes from now on :/... Or just go back to using Figma.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base