Bug details

hex value is incorrect

i had this feeling that color seems bit off when i was converting design to html, but no matter how many times i copy pasted exact values they remained off. So i finally took screen shot of my site in html with hex values taken from XD and design in XD, and behold colors are different.

#3e5fd2 color is being shown as #484ED5

484ED5 being the wrong value

1 vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    bug-needs-more-info  ·  AdminElaine (Adobe) (Admin, Adobe) responded  · 

One thing to note is that we use the local color space (on the Mac), but browsers are limited to the sRGB color space. If you’re expecting the same kind of color fidelity when you implement, you won’t get it, just due to that fact.

Another thing to note: we noticed early on was that the Mac’s eyedropper actually creates a color shift, so you may be getting incorrect data from the local color picker.

-Elaine

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if i copy paste hex value from xD to css or chrome it looks wrong and using mac color picker i confirmed they are wrong as i wrote above

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Corey it says Color LCD
        and if i click open profile
        some info in there is ...

Specification Version: 2.1.0
        Space: RGB
        Creator: Apple

• AdminCorey Lucier (Adobe) (Admin, Adobe) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please share what your color profile is on your display... via Displays icon in System Preferences, Choose "Color" tab on the dialog... curious what Display Profile you have set and if it's a high gamut.

Nothing is "wrong" per say but we do use the color space of the display (and not SRGB for instance).

Feedback and Knowledge Base