Bug details

App "unresponsive" hangs. Last time while editing a symbol and then zooming.

Hard to replicate "hang" in the latest version of XD (Xd Beta 0.8.22.17 - MacOS 10.12.6/2015Mbp) maybe 5-6 times in the past few days. Last time it happened while editing a symbol and then zooming - then suddenly an unrecoverable hang. The view around the center area of XD page is redrawn, the outside area is still blurred and has not finished redrawing at the new zoomed scale. At that point, it's locked up. The application becomes shows as "unresponsive" and must force-quit app and relaunch. Fortunately, no data loss as of yet. But annoying. Tried letting sit for up to 10 minutes, never recovered. On restart of the app, I was not offered an opportunity to send feedback or crash notes.

1 vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Thomas HallgrenThomas Hallgren shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    bug-needs-more-info  ·  Debbie SuzukiAdminDebbie Suzuki (Adobe QE, Adobe) responded  · 

Hi Thomas,

If this happens again could you please do the following before force quitting:

1. Open Activity Monitor
    2. Select the XD process
    3. Click the gear dropdown and choose Sample Process
    4. When it’s done, click the Save button in the upper-right to save this to a file
    5. Then repeat steps 3-4 but this time select Run Spindump instead

If you could then email me both files along with a general idea of what you were doing at the time to me that would be great. My email is: dsuzuki@adobe.com.

Thanks!

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Thomas HallgrenThomas Hallgren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now that I think about it, this hang seems redraw-graphics related, mainly because it only happens during zoom-redraw (blurred quick-zoom window view with only part of center area redrawn).

Feedback and Knowledge Base