Bug details

Fonts not loading from Font Managers

About my Computer:
Surface Pro 2017 i7 16GBram
Windows 10 Version 1703 Build 15063.540

1. Experience Design CC (Beta) v. 0.8.22

2. Launch a Font Manager (Fontbase or NexusFont), Open existing or new project in XD, Select existing text or create new text, click on font list dropdown on XD.

3. Fonts loaded on Font Manager (Fontbase or NexusFont) SHOULD appear in the font list dropdown in XD.

4. Fonts loaded on Font Manager (Fontbase or NexusFont) DOES NOT appear in the font list dropdown in XD.

81 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Michael Gorospe shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

65 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • kute ajax commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not know the origins of the anime, but the problem nowadays is the format 1: 1 of the anime (1 episode covering 1 chapter of manga). This makes the story EXTREMELY caught. It still adds to the poor animation / direction and the fanservice, there just loving the story too much to continue (I even jumped off that boat a long time ago )
    https://365manga.net/
    https://about.me/youtubeconverter.to/

• Taylor Schultz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just a heads up for everyone still dealing with this. I tried out Figma on my last project and it was a significantly easier transition than I'd expected. No font issues to be found and I could even copy an entire artboard from xd into figma with about 95% accuracy. Sometimes the "frame" (what figma calls artboards) would be a little wonky with background colors, but it was a much easier transition than expected. I would recommend figma 100%, at least until this issue is actually resolved.

• Aleix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also work with FontBase and XD does not load fonts from FontBase, whereas Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign and even non Adobe products do load these FontBase fonts.

I think it is not a FontBase problem since I have not found issues with other Apps than Adobe XD.

Please make Adobe XD work like Photoshop or Illustrator in order to be useful.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

https://youtubeconverter.to/
    YoutubeConverter.to is absolutely free Youtube to mp3 converter, youtube converter tool. You may Convert and Download Youtube to MP3, MP4, WEBM, F4V, and 3GP formats. Our Superfast YouTube to MP3 Converter tool is also compatible with many other online video sites such as Facebook, Vimeo, Dailymotion, VK, Instagram, Metacafe, Soundcloud, AOL, and Vevo for now.

Another update. I tried disabling all non-Adobe versions of fonts and only using Adobe Fonts. I am still missing fonts and the new "missing fonts" area in the assets panel has disappeared. I only get a small yellow exclamation circle in the XD fonts panel. I am missing deadlines, in my experience XD can not be considered a professional tool, it is an experiment. I'll be switching to something that works and works reliably.

A also agree this ticket should not be marked resolved. I still have issues every time I open a file in XD. Not all fonts are available through Adobe Fonts and myself, like others have workflows that include other font managers. These workflows have worked with Adobe products for years, except XD.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to agree. The solution needs to address all fonts, not just Adobe products. I'm up to date on all Adobe releases and still have to uninstall and re-install non-Adobe fonts through NexusFont every time I boot up my machine. I have to believe that if this were a problem with NexusFont, the fonts wouldn't show up in other Adobe products, which they do. Please reopen this ticket. I'm trying to recommend Adobe XD as the default tool for my entire team, but issues like this make it quite challenging - especially when others are pushing for different tools. Thank you!

• Elena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great first step!
    Next step is to make XD work with font managers - as per everybody's request!
    I use premium fonts that Adobe doesn't have.
    I use a font manager.
    Font manager works with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
    Font manager doesn't work with Adobe XD.
    I hope it won't take another 1,5 years to make it happen.

• Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Font issues, I can't type with any native fonts from my drive folder or font manager. They can be selected but immediately switches back to Helvetica Neue once I begin typing.

• Jimmy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I want to use a font loaded with an app it's not possible.
    So I install it manually on my Windows Fonts Folder... And it's work on Adobe XD. BUT! When I work on After Effects or other, my font is corrupted because the font is loaded on the app and on the windows folder... We are in 2019. Please fix this in priority!

• Shibu Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am just tired of trying to fix a Font issue. I have run out of options. Uninstalled all adobe products, used the cleaner tool as per the directions, reinstalled everything...still wouldn't show the Fonts I see on the website. I am in the middle of a project and cannot think of switching to another tool. I just spend 2 hrs today (including someone from Adobe remote accessing my machine). End of the rope here. Can someone help!

I have lost hours at this point restarting/activating/deactivating fonts in Suitcase trying to get them to load in XD. XD is better for web layout in so many ways than lots of other tools (especially other Adobe products) but by now I could have trained myself on sketch and figma. Going to have to really consider that before losing more hours fiddling around with XD. This needs to be fixed ASAP!

• SIlvernail commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Windows 10 (current version/updates)
    Adobe XD (latest update)

My Adobe fonts will not work XD when using Suitcase Fusion 9 to manage Adobe fonts. Every other adobe app works fine but XD chooses to not show the Adobe fonts. Or when it does and you select one nothing happens (font does not change). I have tried deactivating and reactivating fonts, uninstalling and reinstalling XD, reinstalling Fusion 9, everything!! I just want the fonts to work so I can use this app!
    This is soooo problematic because I will be working on a file just fine but then open the XD file the next day and all the fonts will be different with no warning. Someone else coming into the project would have no idea that the fonts were not working because there is no real indicator that the fonts are missing.

• Dominik Levitsky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello. Dominik from FontBase here.

We have discovered an issue that was causing Adobe XD and some other UWP apps to not see the fonts activated in FontBase. We are currently working on a fix for this, and hopefully it will be fixed in the next release this month.

• daniel st commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fonts have to work! If not, designer will stop using Adobe XD at some point.
    (Working with Windows and FontBase.)

• Show Box commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This must be perceived as a basic issue. We're architects and we structure with text styles. Also, XD not having the capacity to perceive even Adobe text styles, stacked and initiated from fonts.adobe.com, is a genuine disappointment to the procedure.
    Source: https://showboxapk.biz/showbox-pro-apk

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base