Bug details

Fonts not loading from Font Managers

About my Computer:
Surface Pro 2017 i7 16GBram
Windows 10 Version 1703 Build 15063.540

1. Experience Design CC (Beta) v. 0.8.22

2. Launch a Font Manager (Fontbase or NexusFont), Open existing or new project in XD, Select existing text or create new text, click on font list dropdown on XD.

3. Fonts loaded on Font Manager (Fontbase or NexusFont) SHOULD appear in the font list dropdown in XD.

4. Fonts loaded on Font Manager (Fontbase or NexusFont) DOES NOT appear in the font list dropdown in XD.

48 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Michael Gorospe shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Greetings all:

The team is actively looking at this. In simple cases (install font manager, work in new files) things work as expected. We’re trying to isolate the scenario that shows at what point things stop working.

If you see this and have steps to reliably reproduce, let us know! My sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Cheers!
    Nina

45 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe this still hasn't been fixed. Illustrator/InDesign/Photoshop all work perfectly with Windows font managers such as Nexus and Fontbase. I've wanted to switch to XD for over a year for prototyping but instead I am still using Illustrator because of THIS SOLE ISSUE. Please fix it.

Adobe XD 13.1.32.8
        The problem still exists. You cannot use fonts that are even activated in the Adobe Typekit. The problem is very serious because only the option to install each font to the system works, and this is very cumbersome and impossible to implement for large projects because the hardware will not stop such a load.
        Please let me know when the problem will be fixed? Trying to install version 13.0 also did not give anything because there is the same problem.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

• Elena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has to be recognized as a critical issue. We're designers and we design with fonts. And XD not being able to recognize even Adobe fonts, loaded and activated from fonts.adobe.com, is a real frustration to the process.
        Please fix it.

• Eno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another 'Me, too' here, and even re-starting XD after a font has been activated doesn't work. However, if I re-start XD a lot later again, the fonts are finally there. Strange!

• Dayan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, Nina.

In case I like to use FontBase, but since it doesn't work at all in Adobe Xd, I'm using NexusFont. But it also only works if Xd is closed and I open it later, if I activate it while using Xd, it doesn't work.
        I would love to use FontBase, eagerly waiting for this bug to be resolved.

Att,
        Dayan Barros

• maxwell007 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I keep my fingers crossed each time I get another XD refresh however it appears to be really miserable now. This issue was accounted for more than year back yet still it's unsolved. Is there any way that this issue may be settled at some point or would it be a good idea for us to simply surrender?

https://mangazuki.me/manga/days-manga

• Courtney Elizabeth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great to see this has never been resolved. Imagine an Adobe program actually working. As if me, a graphic design student has the 31 dollars to spare every month for buggy programs.

• Rakel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also having this issue intermittently and it's such a huge problem for me. I am not going to be able to use this on production client work.

• Mohamad r Moradi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello
        in the windows machine it's not bug
        in windows , when you want instal fonts have 2 choose:
        1. instal font
        2. instal font as shortcut
        Adobe XD only can read that font instaled by method 1

• Jimmy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are in the end of september and it's impossible to use FontBase or Suitcase with Adobe XD on Windows 10.

• Dayan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Foi arquivado ou vão resolver o bug?

Todos os programas da Adobe aceitam os gerenciadores de fontes, menos o Adobe Xd. Instalar diretamente não é uma opção para mim.

Agradeceria se pudessem ver isso logo (em todas as atualizações eu fico testando). Utilizo o FontBase

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem here with Suitcase. I need to de- and reactivate my fonts every time before I can start working in XD. No problems in other (Adobe) programs. A fix is more than welcome.

Jesus Christ, this is how you loose Windows users, by simply not giving a damn... Figma desktop app loads all the fonts from FontBase and It is free. In other words, goodbye.

• Francois commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem. When I start fontbase right after windows startup and before I open XD the fonts will be available in XD. But when I start fontbase after XD, no fonts are loaded in XD.

This is a bit annoying when you always have to restart your computer. There must be a solution, in Indesign de font loading works perfect.

• Antti Laitinen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I keep my fingers crossed every time I receive a new XD update but it seems pretty hopeless at this point. This issue was reported more than year ago and yet still it's unsolved. Is there any way that this issue might be fixed sometime or should we just give up?

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base