Symbol repeat grid doesn't propagate .txt files or images to items
Adobe XD version: 0.6.34.3 Beta
1. Create a symbol comprised by text and images
2. Use symbol to create a repeat grid
3. Drag and drop .txt file or images to symbol
Images propagating to repeat grid items
Text propagating to repeat grid items
3 commentsComments are closed
Jakub Foglar commented
I’ve run into this too – it actually makes symbols that much less useful for me. Symbols in repeat grids should definitely still accept dragged-in sets of images and propagate to other instances in the Repeat Grid.
AdminDaniel Wabyick (Admin, Adobe) commented
Currently, when a Symbol is inside a Repeat Grid, we do not respect any repeat grid sequences that may occur on items within it. We know this isn't ideal.
A workaround is to break apart the symbol, and then drag in the test/images. We realize this has downsides of losing the symbol connectivity.
Please let us know if this helps, and/or how much this hurts so we can prioritize. ;-)
I'm also trying to accomplish this but am not able to. I'm running XD 188.8.131.52. My workflow is:
1. Create rectangle for image
2. Create text box for text
3. Group together
4. Make group a symbol
5. Convert new symbol to repeat grid
6. Expand grid
7. Drag and drop several images onto rectangle in side symbol inside repeat grid
8. Only first image applies to all rectangles
The desired results would be to that images are applied as normal, but to symbols nested inside a repeat grid.