Bug details

XD does not respect stroke style/properties imported from AI

When pasting a path from Illustrator into XD, the stroke properties, e.g. rounded caps are not respected.

27 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sean McNulty shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Roman Ivashnev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When placing shapes from library designed in illustrator, for example circles with stroke no solid fill, stroke will have uneven thickness after placing in XD. Latest XD version and Illustrator as of March 19 2018

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've noticed that something similar happens with any .svg file as well. My team created a Design Library of assets within Illustrator. When those .svg files were imported to XD, all control over the properties (stroke, color, etc.) of each object was lost.

Only when these objects were redrawn within XD did we regain that control.

filters/transparency applied to a vector object in Illustrator doesn't translate in Xd.

1. Version Beta 0.5.2.29
        2. Copy past object with custom strokes from Illustrator to Experience design
        3. Strokes should be preserved
        4. Caps turn flat, dashes turns into filled lines and if i have to scale the object the line weight stays static I have to manually select individual components change them.

Feedback and Knowledge Base