Adobe XD: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe XD
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. XD file, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)

XD Known Issues list,
https://helpx.adobe.com/sea/xd/kb/known-issues.html#main-pars_text_2544517

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Slow performance, Xd June 2019

After updating to Xd 20.0.12.10 the application becomes very slow.

Upon starting/restarting the app it's responsive. However, after running for a few minutes it becomes unusable slow.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bug-needs-more-info  ·  17 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can’t save document (Error 49)

One of my cloud documents can’t save. The problem is that it’s the one that has all my "master" components and from this one I link all components to my working files. I suspect there are some corrupt components that started causing it, is there a way to narrow it down?
    I can send the logs too.

I’m on the latest May release.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  21 comments  ·  Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Master component changes do not update on children if master has subcomponents

Version: XD19

Steps:
    1) Create a rectangle with a black fill, convert that rectangle to a component.
    2) Use an instance of that new component to create another component (perhaps in addition to a text layer so those two together make up a button)
    3) Change the master of that button component to have a red background color
    4) The instances of that button component do not reflect the red background, even though they have 0 overrides

Expected: Changes in a master component get reflected in its children
    Result: Child components retain the initial state, even though they have no…

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your reply. Apologies if I was unclear – I didn’t mean to say that all your nested components must be master components, but to demonstrate that if you are editing master components, the edits will propagate to the other instances.

So in the original example you posted, you were actually overriding the fill color in a nested instance (not a master component). If instead, you right-clicked on the nested instance and chose ‘Edit Master Component’, your viewport would have panned to the master component, and then any changes you made to the master component would propagate to its instances. It doesn’t matter if the instance is nested in another component or not.

So nested components are fully supported in this new master/instance model, but the important thing to remember is you must edit the master component, either directly in the parent component or by right-clicking on…

4. Error Code: 49

Trying to save a project (also tried "Save As") and got the following error:
    "There was an error saving file agc9f88.tmp
    (Error Code: 49)
    The file could not be saved. Please try saving again."

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  11 comments  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Overlay shows scroll bar despite scroll = none

Overlays show a scrollbar even when scroll is set to none on the target artboard. I can't get 100% replicability, but majority of the time.

1. Create a small artboard (e.g. to be a dialog) with all contents within the artboard area.
    2. Set scroll = none on this artboard
    3. In prototype mode, set the artboard as the target overlay of another
    4. Enter desktop preview
    5. When overlay is shown, vertical scroll bar appears

Adobe XD 9.1.12.3 for Windows

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. "Reset to Master Component" Ignores Sub-component Overrides

When selecting "Reset to Master Component" it seems any overrides on subcomponents are ignored. Instead it cascades, rolling sub-components back to their master.

You can reproduce this by creating a component with the letter A, duplicating it, overriding the second and creating a wrapping component (so the component is "A" "B").

Duplicate this component ("A" "B") and update the Master Component to "Y" "Z".

Finally select "Reset to Master" on the ("A" "B") duplicate component, it should reset to ("Y" "Z") to reflect our overrides on the Master Component. Instead it resets to ("Y" "Y").

It appears rather than "Rest…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Unable to update links for development

Hello,

Since updating Adobe XD this morning, I'm unable to update the existing link for development. Couple of my colleagues are experiencing it too.
    Error msg:
    There was a problem updating the link you previously created(error 55:47:-1). Choose "New Link" to create a new link.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  4 comments  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Can't use Hand tool with Wacom (pan)

Pressing the Space Bar while using Wacom doesn't shift to the Hand tool so I may pan the document as in using the mouse (on all of adobe software).

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Text formatting within same Text Field broken

1. Version: latest (as of (07/02/18)
    2. Steps to reproduce: Create Textbox, have different formatting within it (e.g. heading in bold and underlined). When going to the non-heading line that is not bold or underlined and trying to write before the existing text but in the same line, it will adopt the formatting of the heading instead of the text that comes after. Word and Google Docs solve it pretty nicely. Bug has been around since I started using XD (more than a year). Essentially it's a bug in the formatting for different lines (what would be a <br> in…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Alrik:

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Dp you see this problem with all fonts and in all documents? Or do you note the issue is with specific fonts, files or formats? Are you using fonts from font manager (Typekit, etc)? Are you working on multiple OS (Mac/Win or multiple machines).

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

10. Continuous lagging/ freezing when working in Design mode

Version: 16.0.2.8 Creative Cloud Sync 4.2.0.25

Running on:
    macOS Mojave v10.14.2
    Processor: 4GHz Intel core i7
    Memory: 32 GB DDR3
    Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 2048MB

Hello,

When clicking on images, text boxes, menus or scrolling around the screen, everything lags/ freezes for a few seconds before catching up with its self.

To reproduce the issue: open a working file and click on menus, text boxes - anything interactive.

The issue seems to be intermittent and varies from making working in the app impossible to just being a bit of a hinderance - most of the time it's somewhere in the…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Frequently Freezes when editing text

Most of the time XD freezes when I edit text

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Share specs of table's elements

I have a shared link that doesn't spec all the elements in a group (in this case is a table - datepicker).

I attached a file with an example of the problem. In this case, it gives the specs of the horizontal lines group, some of the lines and other elements but doesn't read some lines the numbers and the blue square.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Image masked with path are not visible after XD update

After XD update some images masked with path are not visible in the browser. I tried everything, once the mask is changed from the shape to the path it becomes not visible. I can see it in XD but it doesn't work when I generate the link. Tommorow I have to share project with my client. I wan't to go back to the previous XD version, where everything was fine but I can't cos my project was created in the newest XD, and there is no way to save the file differently.....;( ;( ;(

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Crashes every time I click in Prototype

I can design and sometimes it crashes but not oftenly. But then, whenever I click in the prototype menu the program crashes.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. too much RAM Consumption

Hi, I'm using adobe Xd on windows PC. I have been noticing the RAM Consumption by Adobe is getting higher and higher with every update. And Now it's even higher than Google Chrome. I have attached the snips below that show the document that is opened and RAM Consumption details in the Task manager.

My PC Specs are:

- Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 12
    - Windows 10 Pro (Version 1809 - OS Build 17763.503)
    - 8 GB RAM
    - 500 GB HDD
    - 4 Ghz Intel 5500 HD Graphics

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bug: freeze when dragging layers

I've had this happen a couple times. I try to drag a layer when designing and it freezes over everything on my monitor. Only fix i've found is restarting my computer. Super annoying - please fix. Thanks!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Prototyping and Copy & Paste

The current version does not allow copy-Paste to preserve interaction wires/links
    Ability to copy wires along with assets. For example, if I have a home button that will always link to the same page, it would be helpful if I didn't have to wire the button each time. This would also be helpful when duplicating artboards so the links stay intact. For example, if I need to show a dropdown menu, I would do this by duplicating the artboard and adding a wire to the dropdown menu. In this case, I would want all the existing wires to stay the…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

@Antonio – The case you link to has been fixed. t’s possible that copy/paste action is happening when file is in Design mode, which does include interaction. But for this issue, I think it’s likely the keyboard stops responding which user can switch focus away and back to XD (or restart app) for resolution.

18. ui symbol font

Currently XD doesn't seem to support UI Symbol Fonts (copying the character from a universal character map and pasting into a text field) . Regardless of having the Font style set to Segoe UI Symbol Font, which should support all the characters in the library.
    This would allow for more versatile use of symbols (color, resizing, etc.) based on a standard and supported Symbol Font library.

This would also be useful for design specs, as my Dev's could pull the symbol font info, without me having to provide them with symbol files.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Share for review - animation lag / load issue

We published a file to Share for Review in April 2019. It has 110 artboards, all of them are animated and all animations ran smooth on our browsers & computers for months.

Now in August 2019 we are looking at the same review link and the animations look choppy. It looks as if each artboard is slow to load, the load wheels comes up briefly for each artboard and each animation does not play properly (fading when it shouldn't, stuttering for a few seconds).

If I click "back" to a few previous artboards and play the same few again, only…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Share for Review  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Font with Illustrator Graphic Styles does not appear correctly when imported from CC Library - Displays default font instead

1. Version: 21.2.12.3, Creative Cloud Sync 4.3.0.292, Illustrator 23.0.3
    2. In Illustrator add live text with graphic styles to CC Library. In XD drag and drop graphic from CC Library into XD project.
    3. Font and Graphic Styles appear as defined in Illustrator
    4. Incorrect font shown with the correct graphic styles

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 37 38
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base