Adobe XD: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe XD
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. XD file, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)

XD Known Issues list,
https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/status/2002335

Thank you.

Bug details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please enhance Quality on exported artboards

Hello,

I have noticed that no matter which file format I choose (JPG, PNG, PDF) the image looks fuzzy or kind or blurry affecting presentation with clients.

When I export vectors from Illustrator even to JPG , the quality is perfect. But on adobe XD the Quality gets fuzzy or lowered.

Could this be enhanced? Thanks :)

14 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

not-a-bug-as-designed  ·  16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Can't open multiple .xd files at the same time.

1. Adobe XD 1.0.12.19
      2. For example, I have 2 xd files, let's name them 1.xd and 2.xd. If I open 1.xd, I can't open 2.xd at the same time. Tried to open 2.xd, can't open 1.xd as well.
      3. 1.xd and 2.xd should be opened at the same time.
      4. Only 1 file can be opened at a time.

14 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • "Missing Fonts" alert on XD android mobile app.

We purchased some fonts and used them in the design but I cannot preview some of these fonts on the android XD app for some reason. Because of this issue, I couldn't check the visual design on the device it is designed for. As an alternative, (though frustrating) I had to take screenshot of the layout and paste it in the artboard in order to preview it on the phone.

Font used: FS jack

14 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Samson:

Thanks for your feedback. Font management has been a long standing delicate proposition – long before XD existed. The behavior you’re noting is not a design choice on our part, it’s a fact of life for how fonts work.

You can see the font in web prototype because it is converted to bitmap. When previewing in mobile the original XD file is loaded and that needs a font file to reference.

As a workaround, you can convert fonts to paths. If this is not a good solution for you, XD files can be previewed in XD mobile via USB. This should show the fonts in the file with no errors.

Thanks,
          Nina
          Adobe XD

• 8 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, all-

After some exploration, this is a difference in the way UWP handles icons and the way that the Win32 platform handles icons. With UWP, the icons are defined as slightly smaller, which means that they will not line up with apps created on Win32. While we’d love for everything to be pixel perfect across all of our applications, Microsoft has established this as a standard for UWP.

Thanks,

-Elaine

• Vector from CC Libraries loads blurry

With the new update I've tried utilizing the new ability to use vectors in CC Libraries. However, when I drop them into my XD document, they never load fully and just show blurry with a refresh button over top.

I've tried closing all of my adobe tools including the CC software manager as well as tried refreshing the images several times in XD.

Currently on a Mac Mini.

6 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-as-designed  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Writing Arabic is Not perfect in XD

While writing Arabic text not appear correctly most of the words are hidden except the first letter.
              I hope adobe fix this issue soon

5 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Missing "Update Link"-button when re-opening a file

Try to publish a prototype. Then do some changes to your deisgn, and publish again, using the "Update Link" button to just append your new stuff to the old prototype. All is good. Now exit XD . Restart XD and open your file. Try to publish. The "Update Link" button is gone! This is a serious bug as you are forced to create a new prototype whenever you restart XD!

4 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • All text has moved up in text-boxes since update

1. Adobe XD for MAC, version: 0.6.16.7 Beta
                  2. Open any existing file and check the alignment of text next to graphical elements (I use manual sized textboxes with custom width and height)
                  3. The update should not have changed the placement of text inside text-boxes.
                  4. All text moved up about 2 or 3 dip visually breaking all alignment.
                  5. See file attached for example

Since the update to the new mac version of XD this problem is visible in every screen. All text has moved up a few pixels breaking all vertical alignment in every screen. Please release…

4 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, all-

So, I have good news and bad news for you. The good news is, you’re totally right, we did change our vertical font padding on Mac to improve our cross-compatibility with our Windows platform and ensure that we’re pixel perfect at all times. In better news, this is a one-time change we made in order to ensure that our product as a whole performs correctly. However, the bad news is that you’re going to have to fix your alignment by hand for this build only.

We’re trying to make these changes as little as possible, as we know changes like this affect your work. Unfortunately, the alternative (people passing files back and forth between Mac and Windows and consistently blowing away each other’s alignment… or worse, thinking the other person is alignment-blind) was a worse option. Thanks for understanding, and we hope it wasn’t too much of an…

• Share online gets halfway, then stops

When trying to create a link for a project it gets half way and then does nothing. I can continue to edit the file, so it's not crashing, but won't finish creating the link.

4 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Can't download in France

I have a error message when i try:

Aucune application n’est configurée pour ouvrir l’URL « aam://SAPCode=SPRK?version=0.5.0?actionList=CC-UI?passPhrase=fmTaKcEwPidVaTyp8oAO5RmmKJCWlVOvJx5PD6xz82uPnv/HlgXlEXidS2BlATRle5FvDQGQFvE2WYiSQGqT2/N6/3VQHNqfPfFASzoe8blW/bPtdgT40yYyMV51a+dIPFBlVxikeSaSMU48X4zhq3AHIdN9kShISqIL9cq1gpo= ».

4 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Prototype overlays cannot placed outside artboard

1) Artboard overlay indicator is placed
                        2) Content on artboard cannot be aligned with button or page margin
                        3) In order to show box-shadow in the protoype I had to extend my overlay artboard. But then I cannot align it to the page margin or button, because the overlay function does not allow me to place it outside of the view.

Also it would be great to see the applied grid/layout settings in prototype mode, so it is possible to place the overlays pixel perfect.

3 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Henrik!

Thanks as always for your very detailed feedback. There are currently some known limitations when working with Overlays.

- Overlays can only be positioned inside of the default viewport. The default viewport is the part of your artboard above the dashed line that indicates where vertical scrolling begins. When positioning an overlay, XD will not allow you to drag the preview outside of the default viewport.

- The position of an overlay is always relative to the visible viewport (i.e. the portion of your artboard that is displayed on-screen). For example, if your viewport is 768h x 1366h, and you position the top left corner of your overlay at 300, 300 – the overlay will always show up at 300,300 – even after you have scrolled. The coordinates 300,300 are based on the viewport, not the artboard.

This functionality will be enhanced in a future release of XD…

• Publishing Prototype does not upload all canvas

When sharing a prototype xd does only uploads some (2 of 5 / 4 of 30) canvas.
                          Updating the same project again does not help, saving it at a new location neither.

3 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • CTRL Key doesn't react when mouse is moving

Space + CTRL for zooming doesn't work when the mouse cursor is moving.

How to reproduce: Press and hold space, constantly move the mouse, while moving the mouse and holding space press CTRL. The cursor WON'T change to magnifier.

3 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Cannot Publish Prototype: service is temporarily unavailable

Error Message: This service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. Troubleshoot publish errors.

Tried multiple times, nothing changed.

3 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Greetings:

This error is usually encountered when there is an issue with network connection or user is working on managed network where Creative Cloud storage has been disabled.

Your company VPN may be blocking access required for this functionality. I encourage you to reach out to your IT department and confirm the following are not blocked:
                                - Communication over port 443
                                - HTTP PUT/POST requests to Adobe’s Creative Cloud
                                - Accesses to the following end points:
                                https://cc-api-cp.adobe.io,
                                https://comments.adobe.io/

Thanks!
                                Nina
                                XD Community Quality Manager

• Illustrator-generated SVGs wrapped in multiple unneeded container "groups"

SVGs exported from Illustrator come into XD nested within multiple containers (shown as folder icons in the Layers panel), requiring a minimum of 4 clicks to access the vector shape itself (and see editable attributes in the property inspector). These containers are redundant / unnecessary.

Don't know if this is an AI export issue or an XD import issue, but it makes it difficult/inefficient to work with imported SVGs. This does not happen with the exact same vector information copied and pasted from AI...only to SVG.

The only way to make the object selectable with a single click for editing…

3 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-as-designed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Rounding corners option is gone (after converting to path)

Box objects with rounded corners randomly have their option for how many pixels you want the corners to be rounded disappear. The corners stay rounded but if you scale the object the corners distort as if the box object was now a shape drawn with the pen tool.

3 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-as-designed  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Cannot download the app on App Store. Saying it's not compatible with my device. I have a iPhone 5s

Cannot download the app on App Store. Saying it's not compatible with my device. I have a iPhone 5s

3 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • FontAwesome export on the Mobile Xd App (Android)

I have been using the mobile Xd App, and I have to say, it's really useful to get the designs in their intended context.

I am using our corporat font, and it's displaying nicely on the app.
                                      One font we're using here is FontAwesome, and these don't display on the (android) mobile Xd app.

3 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Multiselected objects across multiple artboards show global/canvas x, y instead of x, y position relative to artboard

1. place multiple elements on an artboard, some are overflowing
                                        2. select all
                                        3. change the Y position in the numeric value field

result:
                                        change actually occurs according to the number you entered, but the X and Y values are distorted

coordinates

3 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

As we mentioned in an earlier comment, this is expected behavior. We do x/y position relative to artboard when objects in that artboard are selected. If you’re selected across multiple artboards, we’ll give you global x/y instead.

• 3 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Adobe XD: Bugs

Feedback and Knowledge Base