Adobe XD: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe XD
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. XD file, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)

XD Known Issues list,
https://helpx.adobe.com/sea/xd/kb/known-issues.html#main-pars_text_2544517

Thank you.

Bug details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ANNOYING BUG: Prototype wires not showing when selecting artboards

The wires on objects on artboards do not show when selecting the artboard.

You have to select the object itself.

I prefer if I do not have to deep-select to see all the connections set up on an artboard.

I want it to be like it was initially; selecting and artboard shows all prototype wires.

150 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

98 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Making something a component ruins drop shadows and pixel to pixel alignment

COMPONENTS! Loving the idea...

...hating how it expands the component margins way beyond the actual shape or graphic. Making a duplicate of the master component turns the margin into a mask; THUS when you give the element a drop shadow... it gets clipped.

Why Adobe?

143 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Component cropping

Making a path into a component crops the rounded caps off

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-fix-in-progress  ·  36 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. XD adds padding to components (v19)

After the update to v19 some of my symbols (now components) have padding added which makes the object bigger than it really is. Have looked for hidden elements that could make the bounding box bigger but there are none that I could find.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-fix-in-progress  ·  12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Prototype blurry and squished

Prototypes are sometimes squished horizontally, blurry, or only show half the layout! It happens randomly, has nothing to do with monitors or browsers...done lots of testing in the office on different machines.

I have to send layouts to client today! Will have to send JPGs instead, very disappointed with the application.

My XD version is up-to-date XD CC, using a MAC.

Any help would be appreciated. If we cannot use the prototype feature XD is useless.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-fix-in-progress  ·  17 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Responsive Size always active.

Hey guys, although I really love the new Responsive Size feature, I consider that it's very annoying to have this functionality activated by default.

In the 90% of the cases when I drop new icons from Illustrator or when I create new forms in XD itself, I have to unselect the option of "Responsive Size" because it blows up my form while resizing.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Mobile App defaulting to last screen in the prototype

Platform: AdobeXD Mobile App

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10 Edge+

Description: I open a newly shared prototype from the desktop. When I open it in the mobile app, the app is opening to the last artboard created in the file (not even the last artboard in the prototype - but an extraneous artboard not connected to the prototype in the file.)

Expected behavior: The mobile app would open my prototype to the first artboard (designated by the blue "Home" tab in Prototype mode.) Also - that no other disconnected artboards would show up in the prototype (similar to the desktop experience.)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-fix-in-progress  ·  2 comments  ·  Share for Review  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Projects with long art boards are they distorted on design specs.

To reproduce this issue, try with the next cases:

For all define the artboard width to 320 px and add some shapes or text on artboards top.

a) Set artboard height to 2,200 px, update design specs link and enter at 200% zoom.

b) Set artboard height to 3,000 px, update design specs link and enter at 150% zoom.

c) Set artboard height to 4,200 px, update design specs link and enter at 100% zoom.

I share a video of the project where I notice that, but you can reproduce this error on new files easy.

I checked my other…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-fix-in-progress  ·  2 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. scaling with responsive or not

When you scale down an icon with the size palette the result is different from scaling down using the image corners.

It should always be as I change the size from the corners

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi @Andrea,

Thanks for the extra information. This is a known bug that we are working to fix.

As a workaround, you can select the icon in the canvas, then go to Responsive Resize in the PI and click the switch to the left (Off). Then you should be able to resize it without breaking it apart.

If you wish to keep the icon responsive (i.e., fix a direction), then after turning off Responsive Resize for the icon, group it, and then the group can have directions fixed while resizing.

Best regards,
    Joe

10. Missing image when importing from the CC Libraries

Version of Adobe XD: 8.0.22.11 (macbook pro)

In the library, I have a PNG photo inside a circle (see attached image) created in Illustrator. I want to add this element to a prototype in Adobe XD.

Expected result: the image will look exactly like in Illustrator, inside the circle and same measurement.

Actual result: I can only see the circle empty, no image, or the image has been moved and it is not inside the circle.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. SVG code on clipboard when I copy text component.

So, I need to select all characters(see 2nd attempt) to get the text on clipboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-fix-in-progress  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I have a problem running adobe xd although I have updated all drivers in my laptop(window 10)

I have a problem running adobe xd although I have updated all drivers in my laptop(window 10)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-fix-in-progress  ·  1 comment  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Asset Search Cursor Jumps While Typing

Repro:

- Search assets for “symbol 34”

- Highlight “34” to change your search string to “symbol 35”

- Type “35”
    - Notice: after you enter “3” the cursor jumps to the beginning of the line and adds the “5” in the wrong place

See attached file for screenshots

p.s. wouldn't it be great if I could paste screenshots directly into this text box like I can in Jira and other bug tracking tools :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-fix-in-progress  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Artboards on Prototype, still not linking

I'm having an issue on a bug that was marked as fixed.

See Original: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/36329020-prototype-not-working-artboards-not-linking?tracking_code=fb698cba79a4eb77e31d07622d53956c

I'm still having the exact some problem which no real luck. I use a imac so I preview at larger sizes that are 2000-2200px wide. When this happens, the link is there, and the hotspot gives a false indication on where it is. When I set the browser to something small like 1400 px wide, it's fine.

I was able to click randomly around the prototype and eventually find the link in a random spot that would be equal to the location if it was…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-fix-in-progress  ·  1 comment  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bugs found in prototyping'

While navigating from page to page, the size of one page all of sudden shrink. and the mouse keeps on showing me hover on mode on the page Knowing that i didn't do any prototype on any other element than the More button. Even when i click on the profile name it takes me back to the login page but i didn't give any order to go to the previous page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Signing Out From Xd Does Not Sign Out From Other Adobe Apps (#51975)

When running both XD and other Adobe applications, signing out of XD does not sign out of the other applications. As a workaround sign out from the other application directly by selecting Help > Sign Out

La déconnexion de XD ne déconnecte pas l’utilisateur des autres applications Adobe
    Lors de l’exécution simultanée de XD et d’autres applications Adobe, si vous vous déconnectez de XD, vous n’êtes pas déconnecté des autres applications. Pour contourner le problème, déconnectez-vous des autres applications directement en sélectionnant Aide> Se déconnecter.

Beim Abmelden von XD werden andere Adobe-Applikationen nicht abgemeldet
    Wenn Sie sowohl XD als auch…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The Sign In Dialog Launches Behind The Xd Launch Screen At Alternate Clicks (#49724)

When signing in to a user Adobe ID from within Adobe XD the Sign In dialog box appears behind the Welcome Screen. As a workaround click on the sign in dialog to bring it to the front.

La boîte de dialogue de connexion s’ouvre derrière l’écran de lancement de XD en cas de clics non prévus
    Lorsque vous vous connectez à un Adobe ID d’utilisateur depuis Adobe XD, la boîte de dialogue de connexion s’affiche derrière l’écran Bienvenue. Pour contourner le problème, cliquez sur la boîte de dialogue de connexion pour la ramener au premier plan.

Das Anmeldedialogfeld wird bei…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. marking of fields doesnt work

For example:
    If you have an Object selected and you want to change the radius for the rounded corners.
    If you try to mark the value in Object inspector as you would a Text in Notepad or any Input field via click and then mark the text by moving mouse left (or right if you clicked left of the text).
    You are loosing the focus at all, if you then enter any value you change the opacity but not the thing you are trying to enter.

breaks my flow every time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base