Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. CTRL + arrow and CTRL + SHIFT + arrow Doesn't Work in Layers Panel

From the Assets Panel:

- double click on a symbol to edit the name (e.g., Symbol 256)
    - position the cursor at the end of the name (e.g., after the 6)
    - press CTRL + Left Arrow to quickly jump to the previous word break
    notice: the cursor jumps to the word break, as expected (e.g., before the 2)
    - press CTRL + Left Arrow again
    notice: the cursor jumps to the next word break, as expected (e.g., before the S)
    - do the same thing with CTRL + SHIFT + <Arrow> to quickly select text from the current insertion…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have to press/release Control while holding spacebar to get the artboard to move

I can only space+drag the Adobe XD artboard on my Windows 10 HP Spectre if

1. I hit spacebar
    2. hit control while still holding the spacebar
    3. Release control, keep holding spacebar
    4. Click left trackpad button while continuing to hold spacebar. Then, the artboard will move as expected.

When I use XD with this same computer with my external trackball, I don't have to use the control-release in step 3. This is what I'm expecting.

But without the external trackball and just using my laptop as is, if I don't do it in exactly this order, every single…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Zoom to Selection on Line object fail and broke Undo/Redo

Hello... Since e a few version (November, maybe before) I have noticed that if you have a single straight line selected. 0 or 90 degree and you do Zoom to Selection, it will not Zoom to it, it will also broke the undo/redo fonctionnality.

Opening an closing the document, or the app bring it back.

1. Adobe XD January release MacOS 10.13.6
    2. Create a doc, or open a doc. Draw a line at 0 or 90 degree with the line tool. Select it and do Zoom To Selection.
    3. Expect to Zoom to the line tool
    4. Actual results:…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Opening an Illustrator file in XD destroys the text-block tabs.

Opening an Illustrator file in XD destroys the text-block tabs. Then, when attempting to duplicate the original tab spacing, using repeated space-bar hits, produces poor results, as shown in the screen-shot.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Colour change on export

I get a massive colour shift with the latest update of XD all the bright colours in the PNG exports are dull?

This is a disaster as you can see from the example screen shot.

Left is the XD file and right is the exported PNG.

This is a new 'feature'.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Effra - spacings not right

When using your Effra Font in Adobe XD the spacing from the letters to the text box border is not right. In Adobe XD there is a space at the bottom, and it overlaps a bit on the top, whereas on the web there is a spacing on the top.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Width and Height fields are not horizontally aligned with one another

Windows 10. XD version 13.1.32.8 (Starter)

The width and height fields and the line under them are not horizontally aligned with each other. Width is offset to the right by roughly 5 pixels.

Small thing, but a design apps gotta have good design, right?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Can't open Apple Design Resources for iOS on Windows

I recently tried opening the Apple Design Resources made by Apple for iOS that can be found on this website https://developer.apple.com/design/resources/ and it starts downloading a .dmg file that isn't supported by Windows. I tried unzipping the file using 7Zip and WinRar but the only files I get are the ones that I attached below. I know this is not a problem of Adobe Xd itself but because of this problem there is no way for Windows users to use the official Apple Design Resources. I also tried downloading the Photoshop resources but I get an error when opening the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  2 comments  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Text boxes do not import correctly from Photoshop

When I import a file from Photoshop to XD, all of the text moves to the upper left hand corner of the canvas and is grouped in strange arrangements. I've attached the example psd and resulting xd file below. This happens with every PSD file I open.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Tags on comments are not properly sanitized

When writing comments on Adobe XD, the sanitisation of the string (removal of possibly harmful script tags from the text) seems not to be done in the best way.

Some html tags are converted to plain text (like <div> or <b>) but some, including unrecognised tags, just disappear from the comment.

I found that when replying to a comment trying to use words between <> to state a dynamic text and that disappeared from the final comment. In the attachment is the same comment posted and when editing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Design spec, footer still disapear in the latest version

Hi,
    After I download the latest version. OCT 15, 2018. The bug still same. I just sent NIna Ramos my working file via wetransfer.

My system is Mac Book Pro touchbar 15inch, High Sierra 10.13.6

thank you very much!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Unable to continue using XD after changing text settings occasionally

After updating to the newest version on windows 10, after about 6 out of every 10 times I change some settings for my text such as changing the font, the leading, size, etc. The app is pretty much unusable. I have two frequently restart the app to continue creating my designs.

Occasionally the fix involves me simply restoring and maximizing the window again, but this helps only sometimes. Makes it pretty difficult to work on what I am working with these issues.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Michael:

I’ve been seeing a few reports this week where folks share similar scenario to what you’re describing. I’m trying to track down the culprit to help team review and users get back to designing!

To help dig into this, can you share the following?
    - DxDiag https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028644/windows-open-and-run-dxdiagexe
    - XD build version
    - What other programs do you usually run while working in XD?
    - Do you have an external monitor?
    - Where do you save your files?

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

13. grid column

When adjusting the GRID column margins I use the up/down arrow keys to adjust the number. This works real good until the left and right margins become uneven (due to the gutter with and number of columns) and four text fields show up (top, right, bottom, left). At that point my focus jumps to the artboard and I'm still pressing up or down, moving the artboard. I would like to see the focus stay in that area, if not still on one of the left or right textboxes.

Windows 10
    Adobe XD 8.0.22.11

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Type appears blue

A single font appears blue for some reason. Arbys' Saucy_AF font (https://arbys.com/saucy_af) appears blue in XDs design and preview modes, no matter the context (On artboards or pastebaord, size, Point/Area Text, etc.) but will render properly when exported. I've been unable to reproduce this with any other font.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Mathew!

Thanks for sharing your feedback. I can reproduce this on my end on Win10 RS4 + XD 8.0.22.11 Interestingly, issue does not occur on Mac + XD. Maybe there’s something about the font + Win?

I’ve filed a bug for the team to review.

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

15. Pointed bezier curve gets rounded when copy pasting from Ai or from Library

When copy & pasting from Ai into XD my pointed bezier is rounded. Same if I try to place the object using the Library panel. The letter o (which is outlined text) is also incorrectly formed (see image attached).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Hamburger menu button in wrong position while in window fullscreen mode (on Windows 10)

The menu button is overlaying the left panel if you activate the fullscreen mode on Windows 10 (win + maiusc + enter).
    Just a little glitch that should be fixed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Bugged color when I brought a PSD file into XD

Some colors didn't came right when I brought a PSD file into XD. The colors in PS was just an attribute, not an effect.

First Print 1 is XD, Print 2 is PS.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  Andrei Datcu responded

Hello Diego,

Thank you so much for letting us know about the issue. In order to make this easier to reproduce on our end, could you please provide a minimal Photoshop file that exhibits the problem when opened in XD? The file could contain just the text objects for instance.

Thanks,
    Andrei

18. Hard to get rotate cursor in top left corner of object linked to CC Libraries

Trying to get the cursor to show the rotate icon when hovering over the corner node. It appears for a glimpse but cannot get it to show so I can actually rotate the rotate an object imported from CC libraries.

app is update on Jan 24th

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reporting this. The large “linked graphic” icon in the upper left is making the rotation hit area too hard to target in that corner!

As a workaround, you can use any of the other corners or any of the 4 handles on the sides to rotate the image as well. Since those use regular, smaller-size handles, you should find rotate much easier to target there.

19. Crash: Adding/Subtracting 2 objects + Anchor points

To reproduce

1) Draw 2 shapes
    2) Select both shapes
    3) Either Add, Subtract, Intersect or Exclude Overlap shapes (same outcome for each I guess)
    4) Double click on any point of the path to get an anchor point
    5) Adobe XD crashes and closes.

A fix for this in the next update would be appreciated thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  Prateek Kuthiala responded

Hi Rob,

Thank you for reporting this issue with us and we apologize for the inconvenience. I have a filed a corresponding bug so we can investigate this issue in more detail.

We will work to identify the root cause and implement a fix as soon as possible.

20. Pan cursor enables even when you have something selected

If you select an item then press space the cursor changes to the pan symbol even though you are still in edit mode.

This is especially noticeable when your too quick pressing the mouse before 'space' to pan around and believe you're in pan mode but items on your canvas start moving around.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Feedback and Knowledge Base