Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. eye droppper not visible in gradient

Eye dropper/Color pick tool is not visible sometime when i choose gradient to fill my rectangle or any other shape. Restarting the xd sometimes does the trick but its not working for me anymore.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Eye dropper tool for shadows disappears on Windows

On windows machines, i am trying to find the eye dropper tool to select shadow color but it doesnt exist. Even using the keyboard shortcut "i" doesnt bring up the eye dropper.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Text field size with bugged on edit mode with font size more than 22.

on the video included I show how it mess with block of view in edit mode.
    As I understand there are some max size of font rendering block, that are not affected when not in edit mode. If take off restriction on size that possible to view it vould be great.
    Basically on last 10-15 sec/ there are few sizes of font, if small (up to 20 or so) it displays correctly, if more than 20 it works similar to clipping mask and cut out character field in exit mode that became almost impossible to edit it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Doesn't show and charge my files

1.- 19.0.22.9
    2.- When I open Adobe XD for the first time, when I restart o turn up any of my computers.
    3.- Just open once to begin to work
    3.- I open Adobe XD and have an eternal animation without charge my documents. I can't do anything until I close the software, and I open again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Symbol instances count is incorrect

In the assets panel, a symbol tooltip may show one placed instance, but when user attempts to highlight that instance, no instance is found. See attached screenshots. (Windows, all recent versions including latest as this date.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Shift + F3 (alternate case types) undoes after click away

The only way to make the chosen casing work is to edit the text, erase the edit and click away (bug also happens on ctrl+enter).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Windows 10 Jump List Incorrect Behaviour

With XD not running, right clicking on its icon in either Start Menu or if pinned to task bar brings up the jump list as expected. The jump list is separated into two sections, "Recent" and "Recently Used Files". Clicking on an item in "Recently Used Files" does not open the file, it opens XD with no file.

Further, files are not added to the "Recent" section of the jump list if opened from the Home screen of XD, Recent section. They are only added to the "Recent" section of the jump list if opened from File Explorer.

Windows 10…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. in symbol not flipped...

If the figure in the symbol is flipped horizontally or vertically while the symbol is rotated, it is enlarged.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Safari browser conflicting with show square grid shortcut (⌘+')

Version 18.1.12.1, CC 4.2.2.13
    Mac OS 10.14.4

Not sure which side it is on - could be an OS issue. It's been driving me crazy for weeks as toggling square grid on and off is probably most used shortcut. I've discovered that launching Safari stops this keyboard shortcut from working. I have checked system preferences and forums, and deactivated all the possible keyboard shortcuts I can find. The only work around I have so far, is to log out, restart my computer, and then use Chrome or Firefox. Showing Guides is unaffected (⌘+Shift+')

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Complex Animations appear jittery on Adobe XD app on iPhoneX

I created an app and the prototype runs smoothly on both the web and inside the Adobe XD application on my Macbook Pro. But when I load the prototype on my phone using a USB cable, it appears jittery.

I noticed it's only for this Adobe XD file but not my other files. I don't really know what is the problem but it is awfully slow.

Please download this file and preview this on your phone to see the jittery animation bug.

Cheers!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Edges of a duplicate shape are visible from behind the original

If I have two "duplicate" shapes of different colors stacked on one another, the edges of the one behind are visible, almost as if there's a border (though it is in fact borderless).

XD ver 18.1.12.1 on Mac

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Can't scroll on a touchpad

I'm working on:
    System Model: HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-cn0xxx
    OS Name: Windows 10 Home, Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz, 1992 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

While on sample kit downloaded from "File -> Get UI Kits -> Wireframes", whenever I zoom in using Ctrl+"+", I am unable to scroll up or down to see the elements on the document, and no scrollbars appear on either the bottom or the sides. I tried page up and page down buttons on the Keyboard and the arrow keys as well. Nothing works, I'm unable to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Resize causes random alignment mismatch and unpredictable size

I was trying to follow the 1 day of adobe XD progressive challenge, but could not keep with the pace due to the bugs. You guys need to just follow your own tutorials by a few folks at your workplace to discover many of them.

See the attached file to see the bug.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  2 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Scrolliing and Panning Lag

Scrolling and Panning while the window is inactive (when XD is in background and another app is opened on the foreground but mouse scroll is stilll working for the XD) is much smoother than scrolling/panning whil the XD is on the foreground.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bugs with specific fonts

There's a few font's when used that don't allow me to

- Copy the text to another artboard
    - Copy the text on the same artboard
    - Alt copy shortcut doesn't work anymore
    - It won't let me ctrl-z anything on the artboard anymore
    - Text deleted with font on all artboards when saving > closing > re-opening

I used the font "Twister" in this regard, I have to restart XD when I use this font cause it won't let me Ctrl - z or copy things anymore, on start up the font is gone on every artboard.

Is this…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Directly copying and pasting for Photoshop should retain transparency

Bumping because it's such a pain in my workflow since I've moved from sketch to XD:

Copying and Pasting directly from Photoshop to XD should retain all transparency values.

If I select (via marquee, lasso, etc) a bitmap image with a transparent background in photoshop and paste directly into XD, I expect the pasted image to have the same transparent background (and not filled with white/black).

This would hopefully apply to elements with gradient transparency as well.

Right now, the only way to circumvent this is to save out the file as a png with transparent values and import into…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. art board background colour bug

(See file attached) Background colour not correct, when using 50% of a colour on the background of an art board. It goes to a dark grey colour...?!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. XD Drops Images from CC Libraries

XD fails to bring in all images dragged from a CC Library unless all (or most) are visible in the CC Libraries panel. Depending upon what is visible in the panel, only some of the selected images are brought in. Scrolling up or down in the panel changes which of the selected images actually get brought in.
    This is consistent for me in my older and newer documents, as well as in older and newly-created Libraries. I have uninstalled and reinstalled XD and the behavior persists. Screen capture video of the problem is attached.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Michael:

When I do shift select, it grabs all contents of my CC Library in between the initial selection and new selection below (or above based on asset placement). And when I drag, it does get them all in.

However, when I select the cmd (apple) key + select, I can repro similar scenarios that you show in your video.

I’ll file a bug for the team to review.

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

20. Hovering the cursor does not match the selected object.

In the assets panel, the selection of objects does not match the position of the mouse cursor. Better seen on video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hL0LFATNTc

Version: 16.0.2.8
    Creative Cloud Sync: 4.2.0.25
    Win10: 1803 OS Build 17134.590

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  0 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Feedback and Knowledge Base