Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Can't create a new prototype link

I can not create a new prototype link. Before this bug I also wasn't able to update a link that already was created. I have de lastest version of Adobe XD CC

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. an error occurred with your login information error 1001

an error occurred with your login information error 1001

I followed these steps and it didn't work ....

\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE\opm.db
    \Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Temp\PDApp.log

In the meantime, to resolve this issue:

1. Close XD and all other Adobe applications
    2. Sign out and then quit the Creative Cloud desktop application
    3. Open the Activity Monitor on macOS (Applications → Utilities → Activity Monitor) or Task Manager on Win10
    4. Force quit the following processes:
    - Adobe Desktop Service
    - Core Sync
    - Creative Cloud
    5. Navigate to the OOBE folder:
    Mac: Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE
    How to access the Library folder on macOS: …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Adobe Xd error code 47

At my internship, I am the only person working with Adobe CC. When trying to open Xd files my colleagues have made (with the non-CC version of Adobe Xd), I get error code 47. I have tried reinstalling the program multiple times, but that did not fix the issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Colors in copied text dont apply

For example:
    If i wont
    Label: * (text = black, asterix = red) and then copy the text and paste. The red color will disapear.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Images in Design Speks

When i work whit a mask in my dokument, then in Design Speks i have the problem, that the total image is measured. Not only the mask.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Symbol, prototype link bug

If I create a symbol and have a prototype link within it, like a footer (see attached), I then use that symbol as a repeatable object throughout my designs it follows that the link should be on every art board on every footer as that is why I created a symbol, so I wouldn't need to link 100 times over. If I didn't wan't the same function from one footer I would ungroup (not make it a symbol any more) and customise the links I needed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello James:

I’m not sure I understand what you’re describing. Are you trying to add hyperlinks? Currently there is no support for this.

Looking at the project you’ve included, I’m able to insert multiple instances of the symbol and it shows all the included design elements.

Can you update with detailed steps of what you’re trying to do, as well as details of where it’s not working the way you’d expect.

Thanks!
    Nina
    XD Community Quality Manager

7. Переключение раскладки клавиатуры

1. 4.0.12.6
    2. Если открыты 2 проекта одновременно, переключение между русской и английской раскладкой практически не работает, хотя один из проектов в активном окне.
    3. Переключение языка ввода.
    4. Ничего (последний выбранный язык)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Some text gets removed when copying and pasting from PDF

Using version 4.0.12.6.

Every time I copy and paste text from a PDF to XD, some text doesn't show in XD. I've noticed this especially with the "fi" letter combination.

So if I am pasting "finance" it would only show "nance".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Eli,

Thank you for reporting this issue with us. Unfortunately, we are unable to reproduce this issue at our end with the details provided by you.

We would appreciate if you can provide us following details to help us reproduce the issue at our end:
    - OS version
    - XD file and related files [PDF]

9. Navigate to the bottom of the screen

Testing a prototipe in Chrome for devices, sometimes when you go from one screen to another you go to the bottom of the new screen not to the top that is what is expected. Sometimes happens and sometimes not. This issue dont happend on older versions of Chrome. Chrome version 63 and newers. XD version 3.1.12.2

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. XD crashing when importing vectors from Adobe Illustrator

Version 4.0.12.6

Copy and paste an expanded vector from Adobe Illustrator into Adobe XD, resize using alt + shift

Expected result: Vector file resizes in the XD document

Actual result: XD crashes

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Hovering over lock icon shows export icon

When you hover over the layer lock icon it shows the new batch export icon thingie.

Gif example: https://gyazo.com/dc8b38fae0f87efd35d41dd44856cbee

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Danian,

Thanks for your report.

Could you please provide more details – does this happen every time you hover over the lock icon, even with a new document? Did it perhaps occur after your system went to sleep and then was resumed? Any further information that might help us to reproduce the problem?

Thank you,
    Joe

12. Slow working with CC Files

Downloading from CC Files is very slow within AdobeXD app.
    Uploading my .xd file to CC Files folder is working good, with no delays. But it takes about 5~60 minutes (no jokes!) to download my project inside AdobeXD app. Project is simple and about 3~5 mb size. Internet in my phone is superfast (and cellular and wi-fi, no proxies, no firewalls).

Every time when I try to test the document on phone I wait for downloading for about 30 minutes and it drives me crazy.

AdobeXD PC version: 4.0.12.6, CC Sync 2.4.4.71, CC PC version 4.3.0.256
    AdobeXD app Android version:…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Andrey,

Thank you for reporting this issue with us. Unfortunately, we are unable to reproduce this issue at our end with the details provided by you. We would appreciate if you can provide us following details to help us reproduce the issue at our end:
    - XD file and related files

13. Transitions only dissolve on certain links

All of my artboards are the same size, and I turned off vertical scrolling just to be sure, but whenever I click on my first link to "slide down" to another page, it dissolves.

I checked all the settings and it only happens for the artboard immediately after my home page. Also removed and added new target links to try again, and the same thing keeps happening.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Open Recent > Clear Menu = Crash

Windows, Version 4.0.12.6

When "Clear Menu" on the Open Recent tab is clicked, it crashes the application.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We tried to reproduce this issue but haven’t been able to yet.

Does this happen any time you click Clear Menu, or just once? If you can make it happen repeatedly, please let us know and we’ll send you instructions for gathering a crash log on your system.

15. command drag does not disable the snap to

I'm trying to place an object and it's snapping to the grid. I tried the command key click and drag the object and it's still snapping.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Can you post a screenshot of your artboard grid settings? And if possible, also a sceen recording showing what happens while you’re holding down the Cmd key?

Please note though if you are way zoomed in, you’ll see XD is snapping to 1px increments no matter what your artboard grid settings are. This pixel snapping can’t be disabled with Cmd — if you want to shift things off the pixel grid, you’ll have to edit the X/Y/W/H values directly in the Properties panel.

16. I cant change icon app for prototype!

I cant change icon app for prototype!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Can you give more detail so we can understand this better? Could you list the exact steps you’re following and what you expected XD to do differently at each step?

Screenshots or a link to a screencast recording would help too.

17. File save, "is in the trash issue"

File save, "is in the trash issue".

For some reason every time I make changes to my document the filename changes to include a set of numbers. Then when I attempt to dave I receive this alert. (see attached image)

Very frustrating as i keep having to delete generated files by Adobe XD.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi James,

Thank you for reporting this issue with us. Unfortunately, we are unable to reproduce this issue at our end with the details provided by you. We would appreciate if you can provide us following details to help us reproduce the issue at our end:
    - Adobe XD version
    - OS version
    - Steps to reproduce the issue.
    - XD file and related files (in case of project specific issue)

18. improve the performance

My Surface pro(2017)i5 8G is hard to run XD,when I save and paste,XD will be shut down.Axure also take it easy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Does this performance issue get resolved if you update your GPU drivers? Some of these problems happen because your GPU drivers fall out of date with the version of Windows you’re running. You should grab the drivers directly from your graphics card manufacturer.

19. 2.0.32.10 - device license unable to re-open file - File Open is greyed out - OS X

XD 2.0.32.10 on 10.12.6 with a device license is unable to re-open files that were just created and saved. Also XD has the File Open option greyed out and un-selectable in the menu.

These same XD files can open fine on say a students (this is at an EDU lab - happening on all our computers with CC 2018 - AND it is finals week so this is a crisis for them) personal laptop. Exact same file. Was not having this issue with our initial installation of XD.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This generally happens if you are not logged in via the Creative Cloud. Please note that we are not (and have never been) able to support serialized licenses, so your students must sign in with their named accounts. The easiest way to do this is to launch the CC Desktop Application and log out/log back in, then launch XD. Let us know if this works!

Thanks,

-Elaine

20. My adobe Xd collapse everytime i alternate and work in parallel with other appps (Chrome, Illustrator, etc)

When i am working on Xd i go and search something on Chrome or work in another app and return to Xd, the app crashes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Can you please share which version of Windows 10 you’re using? A build number would be best. Could you also let us know how much RAM you have on your machine? We may also need to ask for a crash log from you to see if there is anything there. Unfortunately, it’s somewhat complicated to get that, so it might mean a little work.

Thanks,

-Elaine

Feedback and Knowledge Base