Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Nested components resest when dragged from the panel

Windows, XD Version 20.1.12.4
    A nested and modified component resets to its master state while dragged from the panel

1. I have 2 components used for form buttons and form background
    2. I use these components inside a new component and apply modification to the button to suit my needs
    3. Then if I drag the new component from the panel, the button resets to the master form
    4. If I copy it from my artboard, it works as intended

See Gif and xd file for details

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bug-needs-more-info  ·  6 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Updating component breaks prototype links

When updating any attribute of a master component, each linkage on the instances breaks. Please make it keep the links.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. No visible scrollbar for a page that needs to be scrolled vertically on browser

Is there anyway for XD to display a side vertical scroll bar when we make the page to be vertical scrolling? When presenting the prototype for a review, my manager had a hard time to scroll the page and she just gave up on it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Share for Review  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Design Specs shows only a black screen on multiple artboards, although all assets seem to still be there.

I'm having a bug in my published Design Specs document. (the prototype is fine). My document contains artboards for responsive sizes... Desktop and Tablet are fine, but when I try to view the mobile sizes, a strange black screen pops over the design. I've tried republishing with the same link, and even a new link (& for kicks, saved the original XD file under a new name and generated a new link) – and bam, greeted by that same black screen of death. :sob:

I've checked other recent docs that I've published Design Specs for and they are ok. I've…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  5 comments  ·  Share for Development  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Apostrophe bug with Ubuntu font

I'm having an issue with apostrophes with only one font so far which is Ubuntu font.

I'm not sure if this an actual software problem (it seems to be since it works flawlessly in other softwares such as Photoshop and Illustrator) or a font issue.

The only way I have been able to bypass it is by typing it and immediately press the Escape key to quit editing the text box.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  4 comments  ·  Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Text fonts and weight changes when copying and pasting

When copying and pasting a block of text with different fonts and weights, the styles get mixed up in the pasted version. This happens with alt-copying and cmd-c cmd-v.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  7 comments  ·  Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. XD Prototype Has Missing Elements

Elements and images are missing from the prototype, in my case it's in the footer. I'm running a mac and checked it on Chrome, Safari, Firefox and on my coworker's Windows computer -- all with the latest OS and software updates. I'm also using the current version of XD (16.0.2.8)

Noticing this for particularly longer artboards. This one happens to be 1680 x 8684.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. svg resize problem

Resizing of the SVG objects by using numeric keybord does not working good. Resizing with mouse is OK - see attached video

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please fix: Layout Grid (Columns, Rows, Margins, Gutter)

Hi please can you explain why the following doesn't work?

How is this feature complete?

Off centre grids?

Adding equal margins either side results in the other being changed automatically to the wrong width?

1900px document

I want a 1300px grid with 30px gutter.

1900 - 1300 = 600

600 / 2 = 300

Margin left 300 and then margin right automatically changes to 310?

Grid becomes off centre and 1290???

Huh?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Symbol not updating, push override not working

When I I update the symbol, either from one existing on the artboard and then push override, or dragging a new symbol from the symbol menu list and then changing that one, it doesn't update all of them.

And on top of this, when I push an override (which does not work), my cmd+z no longer works, Adobe XD stops registering changes so EDIT>UNDO is greyed out, and then if I close the document, even though I have made changes (which it's unable to register) it does not prompt me to save the changes.

Huge mess. What is going on?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Jess,

Can you please clarify the issue you’re having with push overrides? Only text and images can be overridden in a symbol. If you push overrides, all symbol instances (including the symbol definition) should update with the changes in the symbol instance you’re editing.

Is this not the case for you? Does this behavior happen with all XD files, or just one file in particular?

We’re investigating the undo/redo issue.

Thank you,
    Joe

11. It don't work while Line Height changing

The outline of text's layout seems to be fixed ,no matter how I change the Line-height.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Adobe XD suddenly keeps freezing after the latest update

XD keeps freezing after the last update. It seems like its trying to save on the background while transforming or moving an object or just about anyhting in XD. And when i quit the program it asks me to save, I agree and poef. Instant result. The freez vanished. The freez seems some sort of buffering or so.. Some mouse options also get stuck and I cant copy, paste or delete things while its freezing.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Dennis:

Are you still seeing this problem? If so, it would help me to better understand what’s going with the following info:
    - XD version
    - OS version
    - Creative Cloud userID
    - Enable crash dumps and share the file, https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/how-to-generate-crash-dump-on-windows-machine.html

You can post to cloud storage (Dropbox, WeTransfer.com, etc) and email to xduv@adobe.com

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

13. Impossible to rotate more than 360 using auto-animate

I'm loving auto-animate, it's a great feature, so powerful but... since we can't give to any object more than 360deg of rotation, it couses an animation problem.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Publish Prototype Blank

I export publish prototype and blank. Design spec is good.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. [Windows 10] Adobe XD closes itself when Windows go to sleep

Version of Adobe XD: 12.0.12.10 (Starter)
    Steps to reproduce the issues:
    1. Open Adobe XD on Windows 10 machine
    2. Leave the machine until it sleeps for certain amount of time, which I'm not sure how long
    3. Wake Windows up and Adobe XD magically disappears from the taskbar
    4. Attempt to re-open Adobe XD will result in fresh session which previous work is not resumed.
    Expected result: Able to resume Adobe XD work after a moderately long sleep of Windows 10 machine.
    Actual result: Adobe XD closes itself after a moderately long sleep of Windows 10 machine, attempt to…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Line breaks created on Windows not recognising on Mac

I had an XD file created on Windows with text areas including line breaks created by Shift + Enter. Mac is opening this file with no expected breaks

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. "Preserve Scroll Position" is always activated although I didn't activate this option

All my Prototypes behave like the option "Preserve Scroll Position" is activated although I didn't activate this option.

Im unsing Adobe XD Version 8.0.22.11 on Windows 10.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

@Christoph, I think the issue Rob is seeing is different from what you’re describing. It would help to have link to your prototype with details steps of what you’re doing and where it’s not working.

@Rob – I think you may be hitting a limitation with how things are setup based on what you’re trying to do. Wonder if adding dissolve transition improves the user experience?

18. After opening Sketch-Dokument fonts can't be found

In Sketch I had the "Open Sans Bold" "Open Sans Extrabold" etc. When I open the document in XD it can not find the fonts (but they are activated in FontExplorer X Pro via Typekit). The error message says: Missing fonts:

OpenSans-Bold-Regular
    OpenSans-Extrabold-Regular

It adds the word "regular" after every font!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. XD files created in windows, not opening in Mac

I created this file in the beta version of XD. I'm not being able to access this file in Adobe XD 2018 version mac. However, it is opening fine in Adobe XD 2018 version windows.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Adobe XD file won't open

I can't open any XD files, the only solution I have to open files is using the "Recent Files" that are listed when I first open the app. It works on files I have created but doesn't work on files others have created.
    Adobe XD version 4.0.12.6

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Does it work if you try to click the “Open” button in the lower right corner of the WelcomeScreen? Does it work if you drag an XD file over the XD icon in dock?

Cheers,
    M.

Feedback and Knowledge Base