Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cannot save recorded video

still cannot save recorded video. Even though I uninstall and install the latest Adobe XD.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Core Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can't drag transition link from a locked item.

With this latest update, when in prototype mode, I cannot drag a transition link from a locked item. I have to unlock the item to see the arrow which allows me to drag a link.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  2 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 'paragraph spacing' causes 'point text' to behave differently

Changing area text into point text usually leaves the text layout the same but changes the bounding box to only large enough to contain the text. I do this often as I like text areas to be snapped to the smallest height of the content but retain the width I want. With a paragraph spacing set on a text area converting to point text distributes the lines of text in the same size frame instead of leaving the text and changing the frame.

Steps to reproduce:
    -create a text area with more than one paragraph in it
    -add paragraph spacing …

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Incorect language display of XD Review link in Microsoft Teams

I add XD review links as tabs in Microsoft Teams. The preview mode displays German language even though I've not enabled any setting to do so. I've tried, changing the settings to French to see if I can influence this, I've tried deleting and creating a new tab, same result in all cases. This only happens in Microsoft Teams, if I use the same link in Chrome, correct language is displayed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. put back the new folder button on the save as screen

when I go to save a new file and I look into the native window for doing so the new folder button is missing. It would be great if XD worked like every other native OS save window. It should be there on the bottom left.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Unable to Publish Design Spec due to 1800+ svg assets

1. Adobe XD - 18.02.12.9, Creative Cloud Sync 4.2.1.51

2. I have almost 1800+ SVG assets, and wanting to publish Design Spec (Share for Development Link). Even tried to optimize by reducing Assets required to be downloaded.

3. Takes a very very long time (more than 20mins with 500mbps connection), yet it only stops at 100% and freezes.

4. Checked the existing Design Spec link - still haven't updated to the latest version

5. If I disabled/ uncheck "Include Assets for download", updating Design Spec link will work.

6. Unfortunately, we need all the assets to be on all the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Interface icons missinng

Often interface icons like drop down triangle, check mark that appears next to "saved", aren't displayed correctly

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Mark for export - Selecting All to Unmark

Since the latest release of XD marking all new assets imported as "Mark for Export" its been hard unchecking them all. The new feature claims you can select all and toggle the mark for export option, however if something is already marked for export within a folder, it stays marked unless you specifically go into that folder.

Version of Adobe XD: 17.0.12.11
    Steps to reproduce the issues: Having a element that is "Mark for export" then using "Select All" on the document/Page and toggling "Mark for Export" on and off to clear.
    Expected result: All marked elements become unmarked on…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Problem with additional self generating top padding / spacing when working with type.

This happens with all fonts. The font used for this example was Roboto Regular 141px. The text should be rendered as in Illustrator. Example of the problem attached.

Adobe XD version: 16.0.2.8 (however this is a problematic issue since the very beginning)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  0 comments  ·  Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The time in XD does not work if I have language of my PC other than English !

Hi, I have problem using XD because when My PC language is different from XD language the time transition in prototype will not work

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  3 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Fonts with similar name activates wrong font from Adobe Fonts

When designing with a font from Adobe Fonts. And then watching design in Adobe XD app on Android another font is activated automatically.

The font i wanted to use: https://fonts.adobe.com/fonts/t26-carbon

The font that gets activated and shows up in the XD app: https://fonts.adobe.com/fonts/carbon

I tried deactivatinf back and forth but the wrong Carbon always activates by default.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  0 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Overlay bug in Prototype

Applying one overlay is fine. However when you move on to another page and apply a transition, overlay is already selected. It should just add another overlay, but it doesn't, you have to switch to a different type of transition, then switch back to overlay for it to work. If you don't do this, in Preview, the overlay appears over a black or white background as if overlay wasn't applied at all.
    Not a huge problem but wastes a bit of time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Creative Cloud Library changes the tracking values in character styles

Character styles added to a Creative Cloud Library in Photoshop, when viewed in XD, have the tracking/character spacing values rounded to increments of 10.

For example, in Photoshop, I added a character style to the library. This style had the font tracking set to -15. But when i open the library in XD, the style has the character spacing rounded to -20. If i add a style with tracking -14, it shows in XD as -10. If you inspect the library style in photoshop (and Illustrator) the correct value is shown.

I can apply the style in XD and then…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Elements in Specs Are Not Always Clickable

I am working on a prototype where certain elements can be clicked to get more information, whereas other elements cannot be clicked.

https://xd.adobe.com/spec/c74e6ed8-b934-468c-a604-61ddaf414b74/#screen/7fb1aa74-52eb-4698-9978-b85d43fdaed3/8-0

In that prototype, some elements on screen 8-0 are clickable (e.g. the elements in the 'Key') but other elements cannot be clicked (e.g. the maroon circle with 'B'). Those are two examples but if you click around on this screen you'll see that there are many non-clickable elements.

Please advise.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Incorrect Symbol Position When Pulling in New Symbol

When dragging in a symbol from the symbol browser, the preview position of the symbol attached to the mouse cursor does not match the action position where it is dropped upon mouse release (macOS and Windows).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Boolean "non destructive" is destructive

Newest Windows version.

Is this working as intended? https://cl.ly/08320M1C3W2l

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Repeat grid changes text of other items - if .txt file dropped previously

The issue is that repeat grid changes the text of the first text as well as the last item.
    It happens when i come back to the screen to add more items to the repeat grid, when i drag the new items expand as expected but text changes the first line, or if drag more it, it will perhaps change the 2nd top.
    The attached video may help to understand better the issue.
    v 0.5.6.7

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, it looks like this will happen any time after you have dropped a text file onto the Repeat Grid to populate the items. This sets up the grid cells as a repeating sequence, similar to dropping in a stack of image files. Once there is a repeating sequence, updating the text in one cell updates all other copies of that cell’s data in the grid.

I have filed a bug on this internally so we can figure out a way to give you more control over this in the future.

In the meantime your best bet may be to make a new text file containing the labels you want to use, and drop that one in to replace the old sequence of labels.

18. Ungrouping components also ungroups sub-components included

If you ungroup a component that incorporates other components, the other components are also ungrouped.

Eg: Component is a contact form, with text, line shapes and pre-existing components for text input. If I ungroup/release this, the pre-exisiting components are also released. They stay in a group, but aren't a component anymore.

I'd expect the ungrouping to only be 'one-level' deep.

Hopefully that makes sense. I'm running Xd 22.0.12.12

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Naomi,

Thanks for the extra information – this happens with linked components that have nested components and you unlink the outer component. I believe there are historical reasons for this behavior, but it’s reasonable to say it is also unexpected behavior and so I have logged a bug internally for it.

As a workaround, you could first convert the linked component in the Assets panel to a local component, and then ungroup it. That will provide the desired behavior when you ungroup the outer component.

Thank you,
    Joe

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Share for Development  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Feedback and Knowledge Base