Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. mouse scroll sellect

Why mouse scroll is disabled when selecting objects? This is annoying when selecting large group of objects to move in mobile design. I must zoom-out whole object and the is difficult to select it properly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

not-a-bug-feature-request  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. problems in input filed

i cant select the width, height, font type..etc
    my windows is 10 - V1803 - os bulid 17134.765
    adobe xd V19.0.22.9
    * the problem is coming when i used Arabic & English input

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-feature-request  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When text is highlighted, changing character style (px size, font weight) needs 2 clicks to see the drop down.

When text is highlighted, changing character style (px size, font weight) needs 2 clicks to see the drop down. Then another click to change font weight. This is annoying as I expect the menu to drop down after 1 click (normal).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-feature-request  ·  3 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. On Open Maximise the XD Screen

When I open XD the screen is not maximised or I appear not to have the ability to set it to maximise on open (don't know if this has been reported before I was unable to find any mention of this).
    If I manually maximise the screen/artboard then open an existing project all is fine.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-feature-request  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Highlight on canvas

The 'Highlight on canvas' feature is hard to see the highlight on large files. A more prominent call to attention would help.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-feature-request  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Color export mishmash

Colors in prototype on web or jpg export does not match with XD colors in artboards. Color for example #00B6C1 looks in jpg export very desaturated.

Screen before is from XD artboard, after screen is from JPG export (or web pubslihed)

Adobe XD 18.1.12.1

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-feature-request  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. SVG viewbox is off

Please check the attachment. Every so often my Android developers tell me an SVG (that I exported from XD) does not work in Android Studio.

After a lot of trial and error I found that the exported SVG's that do not work have something in common. The with/height (viewbox) is not a round number.

I haven't been able to figure out how or why, as this doesn't happen to every icon I export with XD. But below you can see an example of an icon which has the right dimensions in XD, but upon inspecting the generated SVG, the viewbox…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-feature-request  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Auto Animate control

Auto animate can sometimes give itself extra work sometimes. The items that swap position have the same vertical position on both artboards, same name, same hierarchy on the layers panel, and the exact same writing inside yet want to swap position then change text when animating.

I managed to solve the bug by randomly swapping the symbols in the layers panel on one of the artboards (So one art board has signup then no account whilst the other has no account then signup) but perhaps some tools to help the auto animate function similar to how PS has area mapping…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-feature-request  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Color assets gets deleted with no warning

This may not be a bug, but it certainly is a weird behaviour.

I often work with a lot of color assets. It could typically be all the colors from a clients brand guide.

What bugs me is that if you happen to apply the same values to two color assets, just by chance, XD simply deletes one of the assets with no warning. This could have big consequences on the design and what you present to your client, as suddenly a specific brand color could be deleted and all objects with that color gets changed in the process.

Please…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-feature-request  ·  3 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Cannot share .XD file from Creative cloud.

I have multiple .xd files loaded into the files area of creative cloud (not published prototypes but native file) the only option available is to delete the file. There is not means to share with another designer to continue working or collaborate. I can share PDFs PSD, and PNGs (even though the options are inconsistent) why can I not share an .XD file?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Lack of collision detection in new responsive feature (Version 12.0.12.10)

My text containers collide and overlap with images and other elements, so they overlap each other. This is not how the browser works because it should be done based on a grid. Is there a way around this? most of my designs would not be able to use this feature, or I just need to understand more how this feature works

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi @Daniel Vianna,

Thank you for your feedback. XD 12.0 is the first release for Responsive Resize, but we do plan to enhance this feature in future releases.

Currently, responsive resize is only supported on the design side in XD. We know collisions can occur in this release, but you may be able reduce/avoid them by grouping elements together. Otherwise a workaround for a collision would be to reposition the colliding elements manually after resizing.

Stay tuned for further updates to Responsive Resize in future versions of XD.

Best regards,
    Joe

12. It's impossible to type a comment on web sharing mode from a smartphone

When viewing the prototype on web from a smartphone the comment area and every other actions is hidden, but when I enter the "web version" on Google chrome, those actions are shown.
    I tried to reply to a comment and everything I typed vanished away, the space bar isn't functioning as well.
    I'm using the Google chrome browser on a Lenovo K5 smartphone

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Artboard width and height.

Artboard width and height.
    The Artboard width and height has Physical width and height of mobile phones. Shouldn't be the resolution of the phone. While exporting the screens in png and viewing it in phones. The resolution is small. Because the physical size of the phone and resolution of the phone differs. Just a small thought

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Colors and caracter styles

Version XD11 (Aout uptade)
    Windows 10

If you add a color in the assets panel shared with a caracter style, then you modify the color, you loose the link between you text and the caracter style.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Apologies for the delayed reply! Looks like the feedback I thought I left earlier did not get saved :(

The video helps a lot! This is actually working as designed. The character style gets saved with the icon showing the original color. But editing will not update to new color of the text icon. The color value does change as you note.

I’ve passed on your feedback to the team for review.

Thanks!
    Nina

15. Style & Color List View Edits

When you are viewing your assets in list view, clicking on an asset while selecting a similar object on the artboard won't update. You need to go back to grid view to then click the asset and update it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Drop shadows on type elements

Add functionality that enables drop shadows for text elements. I should be able to apply shadows to glyph fonts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-feature-request  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. overlay bug

When I stack content with the new overlay feature, I can't drag the overlay item to where I want it to be. Also when I select the "Overlay" option, the background becomes grey (see in video attached).

1. Adobe XD Version: 9.1.12.3
    2. Steps to reproduce: In Prototype mode select an item and drag the wire to select an overlay element. Then try to move to where you want it to appear on the first artboard.
    3. Expected result: I move the element to where I want it to appear.
    4. Actual result: I can't move the overlay item on…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-feature-request  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Design specs with fixed elements

With the June 2018 release of XD featuring fixed elements, when an element was a footer with content scollable beneath it, in the design spec, the footer obscures anything behind it, while scrolling is not enabled in the design spec.

Maybe the fixed elements should appear in another layer in the design spec that can be toggled on/off?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. We can add a feature to keep Layer "Always on the Top".

Brilliant work on introducing Fixed Position feature. Thank you for it.

There should be a feature to set layers "Always on the top". Because when I was working on the website design, I kept header on fixed position and whenever I used to add a new element in XD; it by default creates a layer on top of all the layers.(even above header layer). means I have to manually bring my Header layer again on top. It is kind of troublesome for a people like me who keeps checking Preview mode.

So we can have an option to set certain…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. problem with embedded prototypes in Behance iOS app

This is sort of half bug/ half feature request. When viewing embedded prototypes via the Behance iOS app, "previous artboard" links don't work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-feature-request  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Feedback and Knowledge Base