Adobe XD: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe XD
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. XD file, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)

XD Known Issues list,
https://helpx.adobe.com/sea/xd/kb/known-issues.html#main-pars_text_2544517

Thank you.

Bug details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Images are flipped upside down in pdf export

I exported the file as jpeg and as pdf. In the pdf some of the images were flipped upside down inside the image container. I can only think that it is linked to the fact that I copied the images directly from a website without saving them first.

I've attached the 2 files for you to compare and review.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bug-notXD-otherApp  ·  5 comments  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Unable to update links for development

Hello,

Since updating Adobe XD this morning, I'm unable to update the existing link for development. Couple of my colleagues are experiencing it too.
    Error msg:
    There was a problem updating the link you previously created(error 55:47:-1). Choose "New Link" to create a new link.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Image masked with path are not visible after XD update

After XD update some images masked with path are not visible in the browser. I tried everything, once the mask is changed from the shape to the path it becomes not visible. I can see it in XD but it doesn't work when I generate the link. Tommorow I have to share project with my client. I wan't to go back to the previous XD version, where everything was fine but I can't cos my project was created in the newest XD, and there is no way to save the file differently.....;( ;( ;(

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Share specs of table's elements

I have a shared link that doesn't spec all the elements in a group (in this case is a table - datepicker).

I attached a file with an example of the problem. In this case, it gives the specs of the horizontal lines group, some of the lines and other elements but doesn't read some lines the numbers and the blue square.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Layout grid (not square grid) stop working in design spec (share for development)

Switch "layout grid" on design spec don't show layout grid despite position "switch on". We checked this issue on several browser. Layout grid disappeared on Chrome ver. 72.0.3626.12 1 and earlier versions. Believe we know differences between layout grid and square grid;) Take a look at the screens attached(safari and chrome).
    Take it seriously, please.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. "Something went wrong"

I have a prototype I want to share for review. Whenever I open in browser or try to embed, this error pops up. No codes, just this message. Anything I can do?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Firefox: links in broswer view are shifted when artboard is to long.

Version of Adobe XD: 13.1.32.8

Steps to reproduce the issues:
    - Create two artboards
    - Make the first artboard at least 5000px tall and add an element to it
    - Link the entire artboard to the other artboard
    - Save, then publish a prototype
    - Open the link in Firefox
    - Hover around the first artboard and you will find that the right side and bottom of the artboard is not linked (no pointer cursor).

If the artboard is around 3400px tall or shorter the link does not shift. It seems that as soon as the artboard goes taller than…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Greetings Colin:

Thanks for the detailed steps + XD file!

I did some looking and here’s what I found. On the prototype you share, I am able to reproduce the problem you state. When opening the file in XD, I noticed that you had vertical scrolling enabled on both artboards. On the home artboard viewport was set to the height of the artboard (5000). I changed that to be 1080 and now when looking at the published prototype the bottom right shows that it has a link to another artboard. However, I do notice that along the right edge there’s a buffer where it doesn’t trigger the hand pointing cursor. https://xd.adobe.com/view/48fba056-d3c5-41bd-622d-907681ca931a-3eca/ (added a shape at the bottom right for visual reference).

Looking into it more but hope the above helps in case you’re working with taller than 3400px artboards.

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

8. Error 44 when trying to update published Design Spec

FIX THIS! I know you're aware of it, I've read what to do about mitigating it and nothing you suggest works. Your software is broken so stop screwing around and fix it, because you are costing all of us that took a chance with you time and money.

And by the way, the fact that you haven't fixed this in months has convinced me that XD is going to end up bloated garbage like the rest of CC is now, so I will be doing all future projects with Sketch or Invision studio, because they fix their bugs in a…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. shared prototypes not visible

Please refer to the attached video.

one of the stakeholders reported she couldn't see the new prototype at assets.adobe.com. I shared it with her. We found out, they appear when toggling to the listview and back, or when resizing the browser window.

After a browser refresh, the same behaviour occurs. Only one prototype is visible, the others appear after resize or toggle list / grid view.

Is this a known issue?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Cloud Documents in Android App: Faulty kerning with missing font makes prototype illegible

A cloud document on a clients phone is rather illegible because the fonts kerning appears to have been corrupted in a way that all the letters are on top of each other.

It does work on iOS just fine, though.
    Font used is Rubik

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Unable to Publish Design Spec due to 1800+ svg assets

1. Adobe XD - 18.02.12.9, Creative Cloud Sync 4.2.1.51

2. I have almost 1800+ SVG assets, and wanting to publish Design Spec (Share for Development Link). Even tried to optimize by reducing Assets required to be downloaded.

3. Takes a very very long time (more than 20mins with 500mbps connection), yet it only stops at 100% and freezes.

4. Checked the existing Design Spec link - still haven't updated to the latest version

5. If I disabled/ uncheck "Include Assets for download", updating Design Spec link will work.

6. Unfortunately, we need all the assets to be on all the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Share for review not working

I have a working XD prototype - all works as expected but when I 'Share for review' some of the links between pages won't work i.e. the screens don't load and there is a red bar shown at the bottom of the prototype which says 'There was a problem displaying this prototype. Please try troubleshooting steps'. However if I use the < > keys at the bottom to navigate through each screen one by one then they all display fine. Also manually adding a / to the end of the url fixes the broken screens. None of my other XD…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Artboard contents not showing on shared developer links (hardware acceleration already enabled)

Artboard contents not showing on shared developer links (hardware acceleration already enabled). Same thing has happened in both Chrome and Safari. Sometimes when you open the link the assets show for a split second, then the page goes blank. Sometimes assets show on the right panel, but the artboard display is blank.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Adobe XD cuts off my shared design

I have a long page with scrolling and Adobe XD cuts off the bottom of this design when I share it. I saw there was such a bug report, but it's not fixed. And my colleague has the same problem. I have 11 000 px length of my design and XD is cuts of after 8000 px.

Version of Adobe XD – 17.0.12.11
    Steps to reproduce the issues – make long design and share it.
    Expected result – full design?
    Actual result – it cuts off
    can't provide an image

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Share for Review - Error 44:23:0

Have tried to publish the prototype three times now and I have received this same error through each attempt.

I was able to publish the design specs as well as share the document but am only unable to share for review.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I think the file size + all artboards marked for batch export is the problem. The error code usually means there’s an issue with too many assets.

I’ve filed a bug for investigation on our end. In the meantime, the best thing to do would be to break this up into a few files to help with the file size.

Apologies for the inconvenience. Hope this helps!
    Nina

16. Artboard order in Design Specs

I expect that in the design specs condivision the artboard order is the same I've assigned on the left panel.

I can't figure which order the software is assigning during the condivision.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-investigation-in-progress  ·  2 comments  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Unable to share, even though Asset Settings is set to No restrictions

OS version - Windows 10 Pro 1803
    XD version - 19.1.22.6
    Region where you are operating from - United States

Issue occurs when you click on the Share button and select either Share for Review or Share for Development. Error message is "You can't create links on Creative Cloud because of your organization's sharing restrictions." However, after reviewing the Asset Settings for the Enterprise, we have confirmed that the setting is set to "No restrictions" as shown in the screenshot.

Please advise!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. New XD update crashes app when sharing prototype

Recently updated to the latest version of X (19.1.22.6 , Creative Cloud sync 4.2.3.4) and all of a sudden, everytime I try to share a prototype for review, it crashes.

This happens in a brand new, $5K + macbook pro with the latest OS as well as an old macbook pro.

Even the old macbook pro did not previously have any problems sharing but as soon as I updated the XD version on both laptops, I can no longer share.

Steps to reproduce:
    1) Open any XD file and click "Share"
    2) Choose Share for review
    3) Choose Create Link …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Error 44:63 when exporting for development

Hi,

When I try to export for development, I get an error message saying : Something went wrong (Error 44:63).
    I have no problem exporting for review, only development is problematic. This wasn't an issue 2 weeks ago as I was perfectly able to export my files for development. The only difference might be the update from the new XD release.

My file contains only 21 artboards (1920x1080) for web.

Can someone help please as this file has to go out for development shortly.
    Thank you for your help.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Fail to update online prototype, report Error 55:47

version: 19.1.22.6
    Every time I made some changes in XD file and save, I get error 55:47 while update the prototype link. This issue forcing us to create new link every time after making some changes and removing the older link from cloud.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Adobe XD: Bugs

Feedback and Knowledge Base