Adobe XD: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe XD
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. XD file, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)

XD Known Issues list,
https://helpx.adobe.com/sea/xd/kb/known-issues.html#main-pars_text_2544517

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Zoom in / Zoom out with keyboard numpad bug

Zoom in / Zoom out numpad keyboard shortcut not working anymore since latest update (cmd + "numpad +" and cmd + "numpad -")

V 19.0.22.9

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

44 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Color issues

Hexcodes appear very different between art boards. Looks like it gets an opacity change without it actually being changed. The opacity slider says its 100% but the color obviously isn't showing opaque.

Colors suddenly changes opacity from 100% and when its closed and then opened the opacity has changed.

The checkbox next to the color square in the front UI is sometimes totally black and sometimes its not possible to click in the box to turn a border color or fill color on, this has been an ongoing issues since day one with XD.

Also, the color picker keeps disappearing.…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  9 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Can't use Hand tool with Wacom (pan)

Pressing the Space Bar while using Wacom doesn't shift to the Hand tool so I may pan the document as in using the mouse (on all of adobe software).

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Repeat grid is now including shadow in the spacing value

When an element has a shadow and a repeat grid is applied the spacing option now includes the shadow width or height as part of that padding.

version: 14.0.42.14

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Clicking "Edit Master Component" causes the master component to go to the top of the layers panel

Adobe XD Version: 20.0.12.10
    This bug seems to have been introduced in the latest update of XD and is present on both Windows and Mac.

Steps:
    1. Click on a master component and observe that it is not the top item in the layers panel
    2. Click on a child component on the same or different artboard
    3. Click "Edit Master Component" on the child component

Actual Result:
    After clicking "edit master component", it causes the master component to go to the top of the layers panel thus resulting in it being moved forward in the Z-index. This is incredibly…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Numeric keyboard not working after May update

Ctrl+2,3 and zoom shortcuts don't work after new update (May 19).

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Responsive Size always active.

Hey guys, although I really love the new Responsive Size feature, I consider that it's very annoying to have this functionality activated by default.

In the 90% of the cases when I drop new icons from Illustrator or when I create new forms in XD itself, I have to unselect the option of "Responsive Size" because it blows up my form while resizing.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Moving layer with shift+arrow key -> Selecting layers

Hello,
    Since today I have a very annoying problem :
    Almost every time I select a layer (on the layer panel) and I want to move it with shift + arrow key shortcut, that selects other layers in the panel.

Very disturbing, I never have that kind of behavior with this action.

1.Version of Adobe XD :
    CC Version : 4.3.0.292

2.Steps to reproduce the issues :
    around 4 times on 5 when I select a layer through the panel. When I click on the layer name (in its panel) and press an arrow key (with or without the…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  6 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Overridden properties are reset after the linked component updated

Overridden child components will be reset/removed after the parent linked component updates.
    Watch the `bug demo` video in the attachment for more details.

This Bug can be reproduced by following steps:
    1. Create a new XD file.
    2. Copy all three components in `source file` to the new file created in step 1.
    3. Replace `icon-oval` with `icon-rect` in the `list-cell` copied in step 2.
    4. Override the fill color of `icon-rect` to #ff0000(or any different color).
    5. Switch back to `source file`. Update the text position in the master component of `list-cell`.
    6. Save the changes of `source file`. …

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Sean, Su

Thanks for your report, including the steps and movie. It is reproducible, and I have logged a bug internally for it.

In general, overrides in linked components are respected. But in this case, the bug occurs when you have replaced a nested component in a linked component, and then make a new component from this linked component. After updating the master component in the source file, the replaced nested component does indeed revert back to the prior nested component in the linked component, so the “replaced” override is getting lost.

As a temporary workaround until it’s fixed, if you instead first create the new component from the linked component and then replace the nested component – when you update the master component in source you won’t encounter the bug.

Kind regards,
    Joe

10. Pasting clipboard shapes while editing the artboard name freezes the software

If I copy shapes to the clipboard and accidentally paste it while editing the artboard name the software almost crashes, takes around 3-5 mins to come back and paste the SVG code of the shapes I did copy before.
    I wish you guys could block the ability to paste the shapes SVG codes while editing the artboard name.
    This silly mistake has been happening a lot to me, renaming artboards properly is something crucial for my work and I'm used to copying and pasting other artboard names and edit just a part of it. But it happens that between renaming…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  4 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. br is converted to p

When adding a line break with SHIFT+ENTER the paragraph spacing is applied what is not expected.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Greetings:

Another user reported something similar. I’m not able to reproduce on my end with default font Segoe UI with text objects in Win10 RS4 + XD 13.

What font are you using? Are you working with text objects or area text? Did this text get copied from another application?

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

12. Component overrides buggy with duplication/copy & paste

I can't believe Adobe has shipped this version of Xd, this is the latest in a long line of bugs that is making my week really really difficult.

Components seem to retain overrides randomly.

1. v 19.1.22.6

- Create master component (text using character style, icons) in document A. (Also, why isn't this instance automatically assigned as the master?)
    - Use component on artboard in this document. Make a text change.
    - Paste this artboard into a new document (B). Component is linked.
    - This component has randomly overriden the text styles and content (neither now match the master…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  8 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Dragging elements off artboard become hidden (intermittently)

Weird issue I noticed happening the other day, and again just now. Some elements stay linked to the artboard they previously occupied even after I've dragged them off. I don't always notice this has happened, until I select an artboard and notice elements surrounding it suddenly appear, then disappear when the artboard is deselected.

1. Version 15.0.12.8

2. Select an element and drag it off an artboard.

3. I expect the element to stay visible; I expect the element to stay visible even though it is not attached to an artboard.

4. Sometimes the selected/dragged element immediately becomes hidden, even…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  6 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Symbol not updating, push override not working

When I I update the symbol, either from one existing on the artboard and then push override, or dragging a new symbol from the symbol menu list and then changing that one, it doesn't update all of them.

And on top of this, when I push an override (which does not work), my cmd+z no longer works, Adobe XD stops registering changes so EDIT>UNDO is greyed out, and then if I close the document, even though I have made changes (which it's unable to register) it does not prompt me to save the changes.

Huge mess. What is going on?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Jess,

Can you please clarify the issue you’re having with push overrides? Only text and images can be overridden in a symbol. If you push overrides, all symbol instances (including the symbol definition) should update with the changes in the symbol instance you’re editing.

Is this not the case for you? Does this behavior happen with all XD files, or just one file in particular?

We’re investigating the undo/redo issue.

Thank you,
    Joe

15. XD 14.0.42.14 - again problem with polish special letters - this time with "ć" and "ł"

1. Adobe XD 14.0.42.14
    2. Again after the newest (December 2018) update, there is a problem with 2 polish special letter during typing into text frame: "ć" (AltGr + "c") and "ł" (AltGr + "l".
    3. Expecting to write "ć" and "ł"
    4. Nothing happens after trying to type those letters.

Adobe! ;) ;) ;) - please ;););) again????? ;););)

Thanks!!!!!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Copy Paste artboard as PNG instead of svg code

Previously, when copying an artboard and pasting in slack or Jira, it would paste the image as a png file. This was incredibly handy as it kept me from having to export the artboard. I could just copy and paste the image in another program. NOW, when I copy an artboard and paste in another program, it pastes the SVG code instead of the image. This is so so frustrating and has really slowed down my workflow

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Undo (cmd + z) stops working

When i've been working in a document for a little while, I suddenly lose the option to undo. cmd + z doesn't do anything and the menu option to undo becomes greyed out. This could seriously mess up a project. The option to undo comes back when I reopen the project. I saw that this was marked as "bug fixed" when someone else submitted it but I've had this happen at least once a week maybe less than that for the past couple months.

Environment details:
    - macOS 10.14.6
    - Adobe XD version 21.1.12.3

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Adobe XD for Jira 2.0 not functional on service desk projects

Error reads: "Hmm, there seems to be a problem adding this link."

Is this new version release and bug due to "new view" changes in Jira on other project types (not service desk ones currently)?

Are there workarounds for this drop of functionality?

Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

third-party-plugins  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. ALt + drag to duplicate artborad doesn't work only on one particular artboard

Version of XD i'm using is 19.1.22.6/
    For some reason I'm not able to alt+drag one specific artboard to duplicate it.
    Undo function is also disabled. Not sure if it got something to do with issue with duplicating artboard but it started to happen at the same time. I have to say, that other documents, as well as other ARTBOARDS in this particular document work just fine.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Colour Palette Bug

Colour Palette Bug

Hi I am using Adobe XD with version 17.0.12.11 . While dragging the point of colour from colour palette to change the colour of something whole xd freezes and colour changes very slowly.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

limitation-with-workaround  ·  3 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base