Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Slow performance when reordering assets

Version 19.0.22.9

Reordering assets is very slow. The blue bar that shows where the assets are going to be dropped simply doesn't show up a lot of the time. To move assets far down the list, it requires dragging and dropping several times, and each time I'm just guessing where it will be dropped. Often it doesn't move at all and I have to try again.

I'm working in a cloud saved document (as that seems to be the only way to share color and character assets across files). It seems to try saving every time I drag assets, which…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bug-fix-in-progress  ·  4 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Share for review - animation lag / load issue

We published a file to Share for Review in April 2019. It has 110 artboards, all of them are animated and all animations ran smooth on our browsers & computers for months.

Now in August 2019 we are looking at the same review link and the animations look choppy. It looks as if each artboard is slow to load, the load wheels comes up briefly for each artboard and each animation does not play properly (fading when it shouldn't, stuttering for a few seconds).

If I click "back" to a few previous artboards and play the same few again, only…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-fix-in-progress  ·  2 comments  ·  Share for Review  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Responsive Size always active.

Hey guys, although I really love the new Responsive Size feature, I consider that it's very annoying to have this functionality activated by default.

In the 90% of the cases when I drop new icons from Illustrator or when I create new forms in XD itself, I have to unselect the option of "Responsive Size" because it blows up my form while resizing.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Components Panel is very slow/unresponsive in July 2019 Release

When trying to...
    - delete components
    -make components local
    - drag and drop components

Adobe Xd 21.1.12.3 application will become unresponsive and will need me to force quit the application. This has happened to me 4-5 times in the last week. I notice the application sometimes uses up to 2.33GB of memory when I have 3 files open.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-fix-in-progress  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Auto-animate transitions don't show properly the first time they are run in 'share for review' link

...but they do show properly after that first time. It flashes white during the first attempt and you miss some or all of the transition.

They were working just fine before the May update.

ver 19.2.22.3
    - Share for review
    - open link
    - run through any auto-animations
    expected: auto-animations play
    actual: flashes of white happen during animation, so you miss some or all of the animation...only the first attempt. ever attempt after that is fine.
    would be a bit annoying to tell a client, "just run through everything twice, then you're good!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-fix-in-progress  ·  4 comments  ·  Share for Review  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Mobile App defaulting to last screen in the prototype

Platform: AdobeXD Mobile App

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10 Edge+

Description: I open a newly shared prototype from the desktop. When I open it in the mobile app, the app is opening to the last artboard created in the file (not even the last artboard in the prototype - but an extraneous artboard not connected to the prototype in the file.)

Expected behavior: The mobile app would open my prototype to the first artboard (designated by the blue "Home" tab in Prototype mode.) Also - that no other disconnected artboards would show up in the prototype (similar to the desktop experience.)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-fix-in-progress  ·  2 comments  ·  Share for Review  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Projects with long art boards are they distorted on design specs.

To reproduce this issue, try with the next cases:

For all define the artboard width to 320 px and add some shapes or text on artboards top.

a) Set artboard height to 2,200 px, update design specs link and enter at 200% zoom.

b) Set artboard height to 3,000 px, update design specs link and enter at 150% zoom.

c) Set artboard height to 4,200 px, update design specs link and enter at 100% zoom.

I share a video of the project where I notice that, but you can reproduce this error on new files easy.

I checked my other…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-fix-in-progress  ·  4 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Component shadow cropped in preview and prototype mode

Hi, the shadow applied to a rectangle within the component is rendered cropped in preview and prototype mode, while being rendered correctly in design mode. If I ungroup the component, the shadow is rendered correctly in all modes, design, preview and prototype.
    I have downloaded latest XD update. The bounding box is fixed, but now I get this rendering error. Why?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thanks for the added screenshots. I should have been more specific: it doesn’t happen if there’s no component with fixed position and also scrolling artboards. This is the bug.

The good news is this should now be fixed when you publish a prototype for review or development. The fix for clipping in Preview mode will be coming next.

Thank you,
    Joe

9. Embedded Prototype on Website Auto Scrolls to Itself on Prototype Load (after website loads)

When embedding the prototype on my website (using Webflow) and provided embed code, the Iframe gets focused and scrolls down to it once the prototype itself loads.

For example:

When the page loads the user can scroll around normally but once the prototype itself loads, it will automatically scroll down to it.

This is a problem if the prototype is further down on the page resulting in a bad user experience. This bug itself makes the embed feature useless for portfolios and case studies.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-fix-in-progress  ·  2 comments  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Prototype triggers randomly change when navigating artboards

Version 20.0.12.10

After copying interactive elements from one artboard to another, the triggers that are assigned to them randomly change to other values. This is occurring with keyboard triggers that are used on a component (though this has been occurring on non-component elements)

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Create some elements, in a group, on one artboard and wire them to other artboards using keyboard triggers.
    2. Copy the group to another artboard and edit the wires to previous/other artboards.
    3. Repeat step 2 several times.
    4. Randomly select the elements on all artboards.

Expected Result: Keyboard triggers are maintained.
    Actual…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-fix-in-progress  ·  3 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. URGENT: XD does not open files and just closes

After I updated XD to the latest version as of 19 Aug 2019; the program just keeps crashing and closing.

Please look at the attached video.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-fix-in-progress  ·  2 comments  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1px line symbols do not render correctly after the component update

1. Newest version, but started after component update
    2. Have a pre-update file with a lot of 1px line symbols and view in updated version
    3. All lines should render at all zoom levels

1px lines that were made into symbols before the component update do not render correctly. At different zoom levels different strokes will render . This happens both in the program and in the playback. It can be fixed by ungrouping the component and making new a component, but that's pretty tedious when you have 100+ of these symbols.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-fix-in-progress  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Linked Assets are being incorrectly imported

I have created a file with components that I wish to use as a Asset Library. It is saved in the XD cloud space.

I have Linked it in a different file, also saved in the XD cloud space.

The new file displays a different incorrect assortment of components with strange duplicates and incorrect ordering.

See screenshots.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-fix-in-progress  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. scaling with responsive or not

When you scale down an icon with the size palette the result is different from scaling down using the image corners.

It should always be as I change the size from the corners

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi @Andrea,

Thanks for the extra information. This is a known bug that we are working to fix.

As a workaround, you can select the icon in the canvas, then go to Responsive Resize in the PI and click the switch to the left (Off). Then you should be able to resize it without breaking it apart.

If you wish to keep the icon responsive (i.e., fix a direction), then after turning off Responsive Resize for the icon, group it, and then the group can have directions fixed while resizing.

Best regards,
    Joe

15. Missing image when importing from the CC Libraries

Version of Adobe XD: 8.0.22.11 (macbook pro)

In the library, I have a PNG photo inside a circle (see attached image) created in Illustrator. I want to add this element to a prototype in Adobe XD.

Expected result: the image will look exactly like in Illustrator, inside the circle and same measurement.

Actual result: I can only see the circle empty, no image, or the image has been moved and it is not inside the circle.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Missing Fonts feature to replace fonts globally does not appear on new files after recent updates

Missing fonts feature to globally replace fonts is not working properly after recent updates. It was working before with this exact same font, and I can actually do it in older files. But from sometime in August forward it stopped working, and newer files are not showing the feature to globally replace missing fonts.
    Our team works in multiple platforms and this was helping us tremendously since Adobe XD has a lot of conflicts on fonts from Windows to Mac and the other way around. Please fix it, this is major for teams on multiple platforms.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Bug with auto animate and prototype resolution in browser

I'm having a bug when I share and try to review the prototype in browser. For some reason the effects like auto animate doesn't work as in the software.
    When I click in a menu link, for exemple, that should has a dropdown submenu appearing with a smooth fade using auto animate, the browser just freezes and after some seconds the element shows up. The simple act of scrolling to the bottom of the prototype window is very slow. The last problem here is about the prototype's resolution, that is wrong. It not fits the browser resolution as It should…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. SVG code on clipboard when I copy text component.

So, I need to select all characters(see 2nd attempt) to get the text on clipboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-fix-in-progress  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I have a problem running adobe xd although I have updated all drivers in my laptop(window 10)

I have a problem running adobe xd although I have updated all drivers in my laptop(window 10)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-fix-in-progress  ·  1 comment  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Asset Search Cursor Jumps While Typing

Repro:

- Search assets for “symbol 34”

- Highlight “34” to change your search string to “symbol 35”

- Type “35”
    - Notice: after you enter “3” the cursor jumps to the beginning of the line and adds the “5” in the wrong place

See attached file for screenshots

p.s. wouldn't it be great if I could paste screenshots directly into this text box like I can in Jira and other bug tracking tools :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-fix-in-progress  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base