Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Responsive Resize: Fix to Left/Top/Right/Bottom should be FIXED, not "Fixed until opposing side touches element then it's Fixed to that."

Currently, when you select turn on "Responsive Resize", then "Manual", selecting "Fixed to [Direction]" the element is only fixed to that direction until the opposing direction touches the element, for which the element is now pushed by that opposing direction and no longer Fixed to the Original Direction you set initially.

Current behavior: If element is 100-pixels from the left and it is fixed to the left, dragging the artboard from right-to-left will keep the element locked to left UNTIL the right edge touches the element and pushes it out of the left of the artboard. Overriding the "Fixed to…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

not-a-bug-feature-request  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [Bug]Coordinates inside a component is not relative

Expected behaviour:
    When you create a new component the coordinates of any object inside that component have to be relative to the component anchor point (top left) since constraints are relative.

Actual behaviour:
    The coordinates of any object inside a component are relative to the artboard which makes the data inconsistent with constraints.

Use cases, problems and implications:
    - Impossible to create consistent padding\margins across multiple components.
    - Impossible to maintain and check the spacing, paddings and margins across new elements in the design system (for ex. created by junior/mid designers)
    - Impossible to automate design testing during dev ops…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-feature-request  ·  5 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. XD cannot copy vector graphics into Illustrator

XD cannot copy vector graphics into Illustrator. Vector graphics designed in XD are copied and pasted into Illustrator and become bitmaps.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Creative Cloud library doesn't show transparence

My creative cloud-library feels buggy. The icons are displayed on a white background, so icons which are white are not visible and it is guess work, what is what. Would prefer it like illustrator shows them.

Additionally the icons, once they are dropped into the XD-document are often times cut or in misshape. Would love to have this feature running well.

My programs run on the newest version - working on a Mac

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-feature-request  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Cannot update multiple images on a Component inside of a Repeat Grid

I know you can drop in multiple images and have them propagate throughout elements inside of a Repeat Grid, but it does not work when you use Components? It only adds an image to the first element. This kind of renders the combination of Design Systems (with Components like 'Cards' for example) and the Repeat Grid function null and void currently.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Grouping Art-boards (Enclose with Rectangle)

When I build complicated APPs, I try to group them so be more clear what is where.

But when I draw rectangle it is impossible to enclose ArtBoards with Rectangle.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. mouse scroll sellect

Why mouse scroll is disabled when selecting objects? This is annoying when selecting large group of objects to move in mobile design. I must zoom-out whole object and the is difficult to select it properly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Lack of collision detection in new responsive feature (Version 12.0.12.10)

My text containers collide and overlap with images and other elements, so they overlap each other. This is not how the browser works because it should be done based on a grid. Is there a way around this? most of my designs would not be able to use this feature, or I just need to understand more how this feature works

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi @Daniel Vianna,

Thank you for your feedback. XD 12.0 is the first release for Responsive Resize, but we do plan to enhance this feature in future releases.

Currently, responsive resize is only supported on the design side in XD. We know collisions can occur in this release, but you may be able reduce/avoid them by grouping elements together. Otherwise a workaround for a collision would be to reposition the colliding elements manually after resizing.

Stay tuned for further updates to Responsive Resize in future versions of XD.

Best regards,
    Joe

9. Artboard width and height.

Artboard width and height.
    The Artboard width and height has Physical width and height of mobile phones. Shouldn't be the resolution of the phone. While exporting the screens in png and viewing it in phones. The resolution is small. Because the physical size of the phone and resolution of the phone differs. Just a small thought

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Colors and caracter styles

Version XD11 (Aout uptade)
    Windows 10

If you add a color in the assets panel shared with a caracter style, then you modify the color, you loose the link between you text and the caracter style.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Apologies for the delayed reply! Looks like the feedback I thought I left earlier did not get saved :(

The video helps a lot! This is actually working as designed. The character style gets saved with the icon showing the original color. But editing will not update to new color of the text icon. The color value does change as you note.

I’ve passed on your feedback to the team for review.

Thanks!
    Nina

11. global color

【Mac:11.0.22.10】
    I found a serious problem, adding me to add a color as a global color. Then, if I modify this global color, and accidentally adjust its color to the color of an existing element, that element becomes a global color. You should rethink the definition of the global color. The global color should be the color style, not the true global color. There should be a distinction between global color and global color, otherwise it is really easy to make mistakes. I don't know if I described it clearly?

For example, if I have two rectangles that are red,…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Greetings Han:

What you’re describing is the expected behavior with how things are implemented today. One possible workaround is to have the color of the circle set to slightly different red than the one in the rectangles so when adjusting the swatch in the assets panel it only updates the rectangles.

Hope this helps!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

Feedback and Knowledge Base