Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Font unit does not change the font size value in design spec.

Ideally, in the Design mode, the fonts unit should change for mobile to DP or Pt. And Pixels for Web browsers. Harshika considers this as a bug and has asked me to report it here.

Kindly follow the link to our thread below for more detail:

https://forums.adobe.com/message/11127800#11127800

Happy to assist with the font size issues.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

15 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The behavior of not changing the value when switching font units is “Working-as-designed”. Units are showing as per the defaults applicable to platforms i.e pt for iOS , px for web and dp for Android

XD designs can be scaled/stretched to any size as best thought of as unitless designs. The elements and their relative positions will be honored when you scale the design. For example; An artboard created with 375×667 in turn creates 750×1334 artboard on applying 2x scale. In such cases the unit of measurement can be anything i.e. px, pt or even cm/inches

2. Character styles not working

Hi,

XD version 11.0.22.10
    Mac OS X 10.11.6

I seem to have an issue on both of my computers with the newest update of XD with character styles.

On previous versions of XD, I could apply a character style to text by selecting the text and clicking on a style box over on the left panel. This no longer seems to work.

Is there a way for me to clear my XD preferences — perhaps I have a bug at my end? Or is this a known issue?

Let me know if I can provide any more info.

Many thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix element position is not showing since new update

Version 20.0.12.10 update has removed my option for fixing element position. Can you please help me solve this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Cannot edit the shape of the "mask"/path after dragging and dropping image into shape.

Title is pretty self-explanatory.

I made a custom shape with the pen tool, then drag-dropped an image into it. Once this is done, I cannot seem to edit the path points of the shape. I can only crudely resize using the classic corner and side resize arrows. Furthermore, you cannot reverse the image cropping the same way that you can undo a mask. I have tried deleting, cutting, double-clicking, etc etc. Once that image is in that shape, there is no going back, and deleting the image within also deletes the shape surrounding it.

Whether I created my mask with…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-as-designed  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. locked item moves when parent group is dragged.

When selecting a group that has a child element locked, all of the items inside that parent group move, including locked item. The locked item should not move with the rest of the items.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-as-designed  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Shadow stays in place - whatever rotation I make

Hi,

Shadows are not affected by Adobe XD angle that is set for the element directly (rectangle e.g.). Whatever I do - I apply angle for the figure, for a group of figures, it always goes according to default logic (down from it)

Same applies for SVG that was rotated with transform=rotate(180), it looks right in Chrome, but when I import it to Adobe XD, I get initial shadow

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-as-designed  ·  4 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Assets Panel auto-opening on document open

Not sure if this is a bug or by design, but since the most recent update, every time I open a saved document the Assets panel defaults to the open state, regardless of whether it was open or closed when I last exited the document.

If this is by design - consider switching this to a feature update - It's incredibly annoying and makes extra work for me, since I have to close it EVERY SINGLE TIME since it takes up valuable canvas space and reduces my field of view. Personally, I find this feature useless (compared to Adobe CC…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-as-designed  ·  3 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Multi-colour text becomes single colour when outlined

When outlined XD makes text single colour disregarding other colours applied within one piece of text.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Vertically symmetric vectors are inverted

It seems that the direction of the vector is inverted when a certain figure (probably vertically symmetrical figure) is put on the artboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-as-designed  ·  2 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Vector layers are clickable in a Symbol

-Create vector icon with shapes
    -Group them together with an invisible bounding box
    - create symbol

Expected result: Create glyph where separate shape layers CANNOT be singularly chosen

Actual result: Each shape layer can be chosen within the symbol

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing your feedback. The screen grab illustrating the issue really helps.

What you’re seeing is expected. Layers panel view is set to “Artboards” and layers (such as Text objects) are Artboard specific. If you click into any artboard to open, you can change position by dragging.

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

12. responsive resize do not work

Responsive resize do not work when I activate it. I try many different options, but when I resize the artboard nothing happen. No difference between responsive active or not.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-as-designed  ·  0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Shift selecting in layers panel produces unexpectable selection results

Bug produced on Win 10 Enterprise (10.0.15063), Adobe XD (12.0.12.10). Steps (numbers are aligned with attachment file names):

1. Hover over a single shape on an artboard. The shape is inside a group. Neither the group nor any of its children is selected at the moment.

2. Ctrl + click hovered shape to select it.

3. Shift + click on another shape inside layers panel in order to select chosen layer range.

4. As a result a random layer range (different than expected) is selected and the layers panel scrolls away from the shift + clicked layer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. [Win10] Startup page loads in windowed mode always? No resizeing on expanding!

Startup page bug, looks like this every time and doesn't remember the window size.

Windows 10 1809

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Lock Aspect Ratio for groups

Rescaling a grouped object with the padlock selected doesn't apply the lock, which I think is a bizarre behaviour.

In this particular instance my object is a grouped vector icon and the locked aspect ratio only applies if I 'Add' the elements together via the pathfinder options to the right of repeat grid.

I originally thought this was a bug, but it appears to be a curious deliberate behaviour?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-as-designed  ·  2 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Sliced text in half when editing

I get sliced text in half when trying to edit point or area texts and its visually correct after text change is done. Doesnt occur in new files made natively in XD. I think it may happen while editing originaly .psd files saved as .xd.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Move group or object outside symbols

It's impossible to move a group or an object outside a symbol.
    Look at the video in attach.

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Andrea:

Thanks for the video! Really helpful.

What you’re observing is expected. You can move ‘within’ symbol. or outside symbol. but can’t move TO or From symbol. The behavior is set for Repeat Grid & boolean groups. Only grouped items are able to be moved as this action does not create issues such as mismatched symbol instances, etc.

If this is something you’d like to see change, I encourage you to open Feature Request here on the XD User Voice forum

Hope this helps!
    Nina

Feedback and Knowledge Base