Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Copy paste from Illustrator doesn't work

Copy/paste a shape with an outline and a transparent fill from illustrator to XD doesn't produce anything.

It works if there is a fill or if I expand the appearance.

It seems that the bug exists only with a transparent background.

Mac OS 10.14.3
    XD 18.2.12.2

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bug-filed  ·  5 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Gradient direction is different when saved into assets panel

When I'm trying to use a gradient from my assets it works, but not in the direction I saved it in.

1. Created gradient on shape
    2. Added gradient to assets (the preview in the assets shows how I saved it, in the correct way)
    3. Applying this gradient works, but the direction is from top to bottom instead of left to right.

Feel free to ask for more information! Added a image, right button is how it is applyed while it should apply like the left button.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When reordering arboards, the pastboard keeps getting selected in the layerspanel for some reason

For some reason the pasteboard keeps being selected and I am unable to deselect it. Deselcting is only possible when reordering the arboards through keyboard shortcuts.

Video showing the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vA82xDeMxc

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  3 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Repeat grid missing after export to jpg

I discovered that some of my repeat grids are missing after exporting to jpg.

For example, I have very long page for some project (25000px height) and there are multiple repeat grids on same page. I made first one and copied whole repeat grids 3 times. After I export my design as jpg, the 1st and 2nd one are there, but 3rd one is missing after export. I tried to move my 3rd repeat grid up, just bellow 2nd one and then it's there, but that's not option for me, I need this repeat grid at the end of the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Mark for export - Selecting All to Unmark

Since the latest release of XD marking all new assets imported as "Mark for Export" its been hard unchecking them all. The new feature claims you can select all and toggle the mark for export option, however if something is already marked for export within a folder, it stays marked unless you specifically go into that folder.

Version of Adobe XD: 17.0.12.11
    Steps to reproduce the issues: Having a element that is "Mark for export" then using "Select All" on the document/Page and toggling "Mark for Export" on and off to clear.
    Expected result: All marked elements become unmarked on…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Color Assets and Document Colors work differently

The functionality of the color swatches differs when either imported from another document or created in the current document. I would expect both to work the same way.

I assumed that when you change a hex color it changes that color throughout the document. With imported swatches they act more as a "style" in the sense that even though that hex is the actual color of an object if the imported swatch is not applied to the object the color will not change.

I like the idea of having styles, but I would prefer them to be called out differently…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Gradients from Illustrator look wrong in XD

Sometimes artwork with gradients imported from Illustrator does not look right in XD. Please see attached an example. Also, those gradients cannot be edited on canvas in XD. The AI file with the problem is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5gxdiqmtwatx7d9/feather.ai?dl=0

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  2 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Renaming input stays empty/Cursor dissapears/Text i type doesn't show

There have been numerous occasions (multiple times daily) when i try to rename a layer, and due to a file autosave or another undetectable issue my cursor dissapears, the input stays empty and i can't type anything anymore. This is so persistent that i have to quit xd most of the time. Sometimes switching between prototype and design brings back my cursor and text i type, in most of the instances it stays away.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. in symbol not flipped...

If the figure in the symbol is flipped horizontally or vertically while the symbol is rotated, it is enlarged.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Edges of a duplicate shape are visible from behind the original

If I have two "duplicate" shapes of different colors stacked on one another, the edges of the one behind are visible, almost as if there's a border (though it is in fact borderless).

XD ver 18.1.12.1 on Mac

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Resize causes random alignment mismatch and unpredictable size

I was trying to follow the 1 day of adobe XD progressive challenge, but could not keep with the pace due to the bugs. You guys need to just follow your own tutorials by a few folks at your workplace to discover many of them.

See the attached file to see the bug.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  2 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bugs with specific fonts

There's a few font's when used that don't allow me to

- Copy the text to another artboard
    - Copy the text on the same artboard
    - Alt copy shortcut doesn't work anymore
    - It won't let me ctrl-z anything on the artboard anymore
    - Text deleted with font on all artboards when saving > closing > re-opening

I used the font "Twister" in this regard, I have to restart XD when I use this font cause it won't let me Ctrl - z or copy things anymore, on start up the font is gone on every artboard.

Is this…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. art board background colour bug

(See file attached) Background colour not correct, when using 50% of a colour on the background of an art board. It goes to a dark grey colour...?!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Colour change on export

I get a massive colour shift with the latest update of XD all the bright colours in the PNG exports are dull?

This is a disaster as you can see from the example screen shot.

Left is the XD file and right is the exported PNG.

This is a new 'feature'.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Width and Height fields are not horizontally aligned with one another

Windows 10. XD version 13.1.32.8 (Starter)

The width and height fields and the line under them are not horizontally aligned with each other. Width is offset to the right by roughly 5 pixels.

Small thing, but a design apps gotta have good design, right?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Text boxes do not import correctly from Photoshop

When I import a file from Photoshop to XD, all of the text moves to the upper left hand corner of the canvas and is grouped in strange arrangements. I've attached the example psd and resulting xd file below. This happens with every PSD file I open.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Feedback and Knowledge Base