Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Master component changes do not update on children if master has subcomponents

Version: XD19

Steps:
    1) Create a rectangle with a black fill, convert that rectangle to a component.
    2) Use an instance of that new component to create another component (perhaps in addition to a text layer so those two together make up a button)
    3) Change the master of that button component to have a red background color
    4) The instances of that button component do not reflect the red background, even though they have 0 overrides

Expected: Changes in a master component get reflected in its children
    Result: Child components retain the initial state, even though they have no…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your reply. Apologies if I was unclear – I didn’t mean to say that all your nested components must be master components, but to demonstrate that if you are editing master components, the edits will propagate to the other instances.

So in the original example you posted, you were actually overriding the fill color in a nested instance (not a master component). If instead, you right-clicked on the nested instance and chose ‘Edit Master Component’, your viewport would have panned to the master component, and then any changes you made to the master component would propagate to its instances. It doesn’t matter if the instance is nested in another component or not.

So nested components are fully supported in this new master/instance model, but the important thing to remember is you must edit the master component, either directly in the parent component or by right-clicking on…

2. Slow performance when reordering assets

Version 19.0.22.9

Reordering assets is very slow. The blue bar that shows where the assets are going to be dropped simply doesn't show up a lot of the time. To move assets far down the list, it requires dragging and dropping several times, and each time I'm just guessing where it will be dropped. Often it doesn't move at all and I have to try again.

I'm working in a cloud saved document (as that seems to be the only way to share color and character assets across files). It seems to try saving every time I drag assets, which…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-fix-in-progress  ·  4 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Font unit does not change the font size value in design spec.

Ideally, in the Design mode, the fonts unit should change for mobile to DP or Pt. And Pixels for Web browsers. Harshika considers this as a bug and has asked me to report it here.

Kindly follow the link to our thread below for more detail:

https://forums.adobe.com/message/11127800#11127800

Happy to assist with the font size issues.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  15 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Items keeps going into the pasteboard instead of within the artboard

Trying to create auto animate between two artboards. When I need to put the items outside the artboard, it goes into the pasteboard.

There is a workaround to put them in the group so a part of it stays in the artboard. But it's still not good enough.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Unable to select multiple layers across multiple groups

If two layers live in different groups, it's not possible to select them both. A use case for this is attempting to change the fill color for multiple layers, but they all live in different groups. This is standard functionality in other design tools.

See screen recording: https://www.dropbox.com/s/98yflc2nz9w3xlw/select-from-multiple-groups.mov?dl=0

^ I'm holding the Command key while trying to select multiple layers.

It seems this bug was marked as "by design" in a previous post, but I'd like to raise the issue again since this is a major pain point for me. Anyone else agree?

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/17260256-selection-across-groups

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

resolved-by-setting-update  ·  2 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 无法删除某些组件

一些组件无法删除或做其它编辑,莫名其妙的少了删除选项

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. error 49

I can't save artbort with master components. Every time when I tried to save changes uppieared pop up with Error: 49. Also I I cant close that file with components.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  5 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Nested components resest when dragged from the panel

Windows, XD Version 20.1.12.4
    A nested and modified component resets to its master state while dragged from the panel

1. I have 2 components used for form buttons and form background
    2. I use these components inside a new component and apply modification to the button to suit my needs
    3. Then if I drag the new component from the panel, the button resets to the master form
    4. If I copy it from my artboard, it works as intended

See Gif and xd file for details

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  6 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. When applying updates to new components nested inside old components, the positioning of the elements inside the new component is broken

I will describe my experience, should be easier to explain :

I have an "old" Adobe XD file, created before the major components update. I have "old" components inside this file.

I have created a new Adobe XD project to use as a component sheet.

I've created new components in the new Adobe XD file. I copied one of them and pasted it inside an old component of the old file.

Back in the new file I've made changes in one of the new components and saved.

Back in the new file, I've updated the imported component and it broke…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Copy paste from Illustrator doesn't work

Copy/paste a shape with an outline and a transparent fill from illustrator to XD doesn't produce anything.

It works if there is a fill or if I expand the appearance.

It seems that the bug exists only with a transparent background.

Mac OS 10.14.3
    XD 18.2.12.2

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  5 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. svg resize problem

Resizing of the SVG objects by using numeric keybord does not working good. Resizing with mouse is OK - see attached video

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. It don't work while Line Height changing

The outline of text's layout seems to be fixed ,no matter how I change the Line-height.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Gradient direction is different when saved into assets panel

When I'm trying to use a gradient from my assets it works, but not in the direction I saved it in.

1. Created gradient on shape
    2. Added gradient to assets (the preview in the assets shows how I saved it, in the correct way)
    3. Applying this gradient works, but the direction is from top to bottom instead of left to right.

Feel free to ask for more information! Added a image, right button is how it is applyed while it should apply like the left button.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Component shadow cropped in preview and prototype mode

Hi, the shadow applied to a rectangle within the component is rendered cropped in preview and prototype mode, while being rendered correctly in design mode. If I ungroup the component, the shadow is rendered correctly in all modes, design, preview and prototype.
    I have downloaded latest XD update. The bounding box is fixed, but now I get this rendering error. Why?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thanks for the added screenshots. I should have been more specific: it doesn’t happen if there’s no component with fixed position and also scrolling artboards. This is the bug.

The good news is this should now be fixed when you publish a prototype for review or development. The fix for clipping in Preview mode will be coming next.

Thank you,
    Joe

15. When reordering arboards, the pastboard keeps getting selected in the layerspanel for some reason

For some reason the pasteboard keeps being selected and I am unable to deselect it. Deselcting is only possible when reordering the arboards through keyboard shortcuts.

Video showing the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vA82xDeMxc

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  3 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Repeat grid missing after export to jpg

I discovered that some of my repeat grids are missing after exporting to jpg.

For example, I have very long page for some project (25000px height) and there are multiple repeat grids on same page. I made first one and copied whole repeat grids 3 times. After I export my design as jpg, the 1st and 2nd one are there, but 3rd one is missing after export. I tried to move my 3rd repeat grid up, just bellow 2nd one and then it's there, but that's not option for me, I need this repeat grid at the end of the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. unselectable layers under blocked layer

When I block a layer (A) that cover a layer (B) the layer (B) is not selectable.
    this is a problem for designers from photoshop ,it use a different more logical behavior. In PS when i block a layer (A) a can't do nothing to it but i can easly select everything is "behind". In XD the only solution is move the Layer (A) and it is not a good UX for a Ux software :-D

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

limitation-with-workaround  ·  2 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. XD pastes last copied thing from XD and not other applications

Adobe XD 11 (August 2018)
    Macbook Pro 15" 2017 - Mac OS High Sierra

Sometimes when I copy from illustrator and paste to XD, it will paste the last thing i copied from XD itself. However if i go back to illustrator and past, it will paste what it copied from illustrator.

I know this is an Adobe XD issue because I encounter the same issues sometimes trying to copy images from web.

Closing XD and opening it again, does solve the issue.
    but this bug has been here since I believe June release

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Master components doesn't update components inside it

I have master component (1) with another non-master component (2) inside it.
    Than I change master component of component 2. But the changes is not update component 1.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Denis,

Can you please provide more details or steps? I tried reproducing the problem you reported, but when I edit the master component for the nested component (component 2, which you mention), it updates as expected in the parent component (component 1).

Thanks,
    Joe

20. copy

I can't copy an artboard from one file to another

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base