Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Can't use Hand tool with Wacom (pan)

Pressing the Space Bar while using Wacom doesn't shift to the Hand tool so I may pan the document as in using the mouse (on all of adobe software).

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Moving layer with shift+arrow key -> Selecting layers

Hello,
    Since today I have a very annoying problem :
    Almost every time I select a layer (on the layer panel) and I want to move it with shift + arrow key shortcut, that selects other layers in the panel.

Very disturbing, I never have that kind of behavior with this action.

1.Version of Adobe XD :
    CC Version : 4.3.0.292

2.Steps to reproduce the issues :
    around 4 times on 5 when I select a layer through the panel. When I click on the layer name (in its panel) and press an arrow key (with or without the…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  6 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. br is converted to p

When adding a line break with SHIFT+ENTER the paragraph spacing is applied what is not expected.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Greetings:

Another user reported something similar. I’m not able to reproduce on my end with default font Segoe UI with text objects in Win10 RS4 + XD 13.

What font are you using? Are you working with text objects or area text? Did this text get copied from another application?

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

4. Symbol not updating, push override not working

When I I update the symbol, either from one existing on the artboard and then push override, or dragging a new symbol from the symbol menu list and then changing that one, it doesn't update all of them.

And on top of this, when I push an override (which does not work), my cmd+z no longer works, Adobe XD stops registering changes so EDIT>UNDO is greyed out, and then if I close the document, even though I have made changes (which it's unable to register) it does not prompt me to save the changes.

Huge mess. What is going on?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Jess,

Can you please clarify the issue you’re having with push overrides? Only text and images can be overridden in a symbol. If you push overrides, all symbol instances (including the symbol definition) should update with the changes in the symbol instance you’re editing.

Is this not the case for you? Does this behavior happen with all XD files, or just one file in particular?

We’re investigating the undo/redo issue.

Thank you,
    Joe

5. Undo (cmd + z) stops working

When i've been working in a document for a little while, I suddenly lose the option to undo. cmd + z doesn't do anything and the menu option to undo becomes greyed out. This could seriously mess up a project. The option to undo comes back when I reopen the project. I saw that this was marked as "bug fixed" when someone else submitted it but I've had this happen at least once a week maybe less than that for the past couple months.

Environment details:
    - macOS 10.14.6
    - Adobe XD version 21.1.12.3

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. ALt + drag to duplicate artborad doesn't work only on one particular artboard

Version of XD i'm using is 19.1.22.6/
    For some reason I'm not able to alt+drag one specific artboard to duplicate it.
    Undo function is also disabled. Not sure if it got something to do with issue with duplicating artboard but it started to happen at the same time. I have to say, that other documents, as well as other ARTBOARDS in this particular document work just fine.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Cannot open .xd files located in Box Drive

1. Adobe XD CC Starter 16.0.2.8 on Windows 10 Professional 1803 / 1809
    2. Repro step- Double-click an XD file located in the Box Drive folder.
    3. We expect to be able to open XD files from synced drives in the same way that they work from the local filesystem.
    4. The XD application opens and users are presented with 'There was an error opening the file (Error code: 165) ' . Launching XD manually and then attempting to open the file from within the application doesn't work either, there is no error but the file is not opened and…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Greetings Chris:

Do you see this problem when working with local files? Doesn’t seem like it but wanted to confirm.

The best way to have files synced to cloud, is by using XD Cloud file saving, https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/manage-work-cloud-documents.html

To help investigate what might be happening, can you do the following:
    - Run Creative Cloud log collector tool
    - Post resulting logs in cloud drive (WeTransfer, Dropbox, etc) and share link with me xduv@adobe.com, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

8. Saving in Document Cloud fail

Saving a prototype in Document Cloud fail!

Windows 10 x64
    16GB Ram
    i7 Prozessor
    XD Version: latest

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Shapes get converted to Path

When ever I copy a shape (Rectangle, Rounded Rectangle, Circle) from one document into another XD document, few of the shapes gets converted into a paths automatically. This behaviour is quite often happening often now.

This is quite frustrating because we have auto-animate transitions and
    everything messes up.

Using Adobe XD 14.0.42.12

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Open file stored on computer has become extremely slow after XD started automatically saving to cloud

Hi, I didn't opt to save my files on the cloud. I saved my files on my computer, and it feels like users are being penalized for not using the cloud. It takes forever to access files from the "My computer" tab. The section takes several seconds to refresh, it happened instantly earlier, before the save to cloud.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello:

Sorry to hear you’re having problems working with XD.

Can you share some details to help with investigation?
    - OS version
    - AdobeID
    - Country location
    - Network (home/office)
    - Adobe Sync version, in Creative Cloud application go to Preferences>Creative Cloud> Files

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

11. Text disappears

When clicking on a text box to edit, the text goes white providing little feedback and making it difficult to edit efficiently.

See attached.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  6 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Pinch to Zoom Stops working Unless toggled off and on again on Mac

I'm filing this as a new bug because A) I couldn't successfully vote for another version of this bug and B) the bug was labeled as not reproducible. It still happens and is a problem. toggling pinch to zoom off and on fixes it, but it is annoying.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Unable to drag layers of elements or components

1. Version 21.2.12.3 (Starter) running on Windows 10 Home.
    2. Keep left mouse button pressed while hovering a component or element layer to move (drag).
    3. Rearrange layers, drop them into an existing folder or artboard in case of components.
    4. Nothing happens. Layers remain static.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Undo and save option stop working after movig elements to different artboard

Undo option dissapears as well as save (only save as stays) after alt+move element from one artboard to another.

version 21.2.12.3

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Editing master components

Editing a master component (symbol) does not populate to any instance. e.g. Adding text to the master component does not change any instances.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Joe,

Are you certain you’re actually editing the master component? If you right-click on an instance and choose Edit Master Component, it should select or open the master component for the instance. A visual cue is you will see a green diamond in the upper left corner when you have selected a master component.

Another circumstance in which a change in master won’t be synced in the instance is if you’ve already overridden the instance – i.e., you edited the text in the instance before you changed the text in the master component.

Please let us know if either of the above two scenarios are what you ran into. If not, please add more details about what you’re seeing.

Thanks,
    Joe

16. After 3 hs of work, Undo, Redo and Drag+Alt function ceased to work

Yesterday morning I updated Adobe XD to it's newest version. Today I was working in a very important proyect and after 3 hours of work Undo, Redo, Drag+Alt and copy+paste of components ceased to work. Im doing what I can with Ctrl+D (duplicate) to keep working but its really frustrating.
    I already tried all the solutions I saw on previous posts
    - Restart application
    - Restart CPU
    - Change window and then go back to XD
    - Save

I need to fix this ASAP.

EDIT: Just tried opening Creative Cloud and from there the XD and seemed to work. All…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Uppercase text on mobile version of XD

Text style like "Uppercase" doesn't apply to mobile XD version, the only way to see text like it should be - to write it with caps lock or shift. Selecting "TT" icon makes sence only on desktop app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. undo

Undo and redo are not working. Also, I can't copy an item with option + drag like I'm used to.

I have the lastest version of XD (20.0.12.10). I've reset the computer, restarted XD, saved my file to both cloud and desktop, logged out of CC and logged back in, quit CC and restarted. It's still doing this.

You never really realize how essential Cmd Z really is until it stops working.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Error loading recent prototypes on startup screen

When I first start the application, in the recent tab, an infinite loading stays on the screen trying to load my prototypes, if I restart the application it brings my prototypes of formal fast, loading appears and soon the prototypes are loaded, only in the first this bug occurs.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Keyboard not responsive - have tried 34689346

In reference to: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/34689346--win10-application-stops-responding-keyboard

Keyboard is STILL intermittently unresponsive - I want to throw my computer, desk, monitor clean out the window and then burn everything.

This has gone on way too long!

Windows 10 Pro: 1809
    Build: 17763.529

Please advise?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base