Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. save UX is terrible

I don't understand why Adobe XD team decided to upend a few decades-worth of basic file-saving user experience.

I just created a new XD layout, and when I tried to save the document it opens a weird little menu that offers 2 options:

Save to:

> Cloud Documents

> Your Computer

My team works in the Creative Cloud so I chose that option, however, once I clicked Save, that was it - there was no option to select the folder I wanted to save the file in.

Our team works on dozens of projects scattered throughout many layers of folders,…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

not-a-bug-as-designed  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Scaling a group of objects with responsive resize turned off does not work.

Scaling a group of elements (text boxes and image) with the shift button held and responsive resize turned off does not work. The text boxes become misaligned and scale at different percentages after the group is made small and large again.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello:

After some discussion with the team, it looks like this is working as designed. I suggest working with responsive resize. It may not be the exact thing you’re looking for but I think it gets it enough of the way there.

For more refined controls, I encourage you to file feature request post for the team to review.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

3. Pasting elements in shape while in path edit permamently converts shape to path

How to replicate (copied from another thread):

1. Create a rectangular shape using the rectangle tool.

2. Add a corner radius to the rectangle.

3. With the rectangle select it, double click it to enter path edit mode.

4. Paste a previously copied shape, text or group while the rectangle is in path edit mode.

Outcome: Items will be pasted, and the rectangle will now be a path element, meaning you won't be able to edit its border radius via the properties panel.

You have closed many threads similar to this before with "not-a-bug-as-designed" status. In my opinion, such a design can cause a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-as-designed  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. XD (14.0.42) not accepting files of new version of XD (15.0.12)

Version of Adobe XD: 14.0.42

Open any XD file created in new version of XD (15.0.12).

Expected result: Opening a file.

Actual result: XD asks to install a new version.

However, new updated XD version can't export artboards and elements to After Exffects. And I need this function so much.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Icon Pixelated!!!

Copying icon from illustrator and pasting on XD document is getting pixelated this was not happening before the December updated!!
    Have tried saving in SVG format too still not working.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Icon (Zoom)

Added a zoom icon, but the same icon is used for searches (magnifying glass). That is, at first I thought they had added a search engine, but it was actually a zoom mechanism.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-as-designed  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Right mouse click cannot click through objects within a group

xd version 20.1.12.4
    MacOS 10.14.5

Problem: The right mouse click using the Select tool does not click down through the objects with a group. It just selects the topmost grouped item. I also cannot change the name of an artboard because while I can click on it, it won't provide me the text field to rename it. Same thing happens when I try to rename layers.

I should add that once in a while it does select objects properly, but most of the time it's does not, thus the bug.

I've tried this with the Logitech M100 mouse, the Anker…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Can not delete an asset

I have no option to delete an asset when I right click or anywhere else in the UI

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

The link assets feature ensures that the consuming documents are always in sync with the linked source document.

So if you add, modify, delete assets from the source document, they will be reflected in the consuming document.

If you deleted the linked assets in the source document, you’ll be able to delete them in the consuming document.

Thanks,
    -Sherif

9. XD Prototype Links Frequently Ineffective

When I link art boards in the prototype mode and then change back to design to test the links, more often than not the links fail to work (i.e. when I click on the link it does not go the the requested art board).
    In a previous IT testing life we would not have released the product with a class 1 defect, which I am of the opinion that this is.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Ron,

To see the interactions you created in Prototype mode, you need to use the Preview window. You can read more about how to do so here:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/preview-designs-and-prototypes.html.

You can also preview your prototype on a mobile device, as described here: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/adobe-xd-mobile-faq.html#main-pars_imageandtext

Interactions are not shown in Design mode, so in this case, XD is working as expected.

A typical workflow is to create a prototype in Design mode, add interactions in Prototype mode, preview the prototype using the desktop preview window and/or XD mobile app, and then Share the prototype for stakeholders to view on the web.

Hope this helps. Please comment here if you have any further questions on this topic.

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Shared prototype link doesn't allow Playback Voice command without Login.

Shared prototype link doesn't allow Playback Voice command unless i Login.

I had unchecked Password checkbox, Selected "Anyone with the link can view" from dropdown. Still why user need to login to hear voice playback?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Error 3623 appears after restart MacBook pro

This Error 3623 appears after restart MacBook pro with option checked Reopen window when logging back. Same time would not able to access cloud files until close and reopen XD

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Setting Size of Line to less than 1.0 changes Opacity

1. XD 16.0.2.8 CC Sync 4.2.0.25

2a. Choose Line (L) Tool and draw a line
    2b. Choose Select (S) Tool and select the line
    2c. Change Size parameter of line from 1.0 to 0.5

1. Expected result is to see a line that is thinner, such as is observed if one changes the Size of a Rectangle (R) line parameter.

2. The line does not become thinner but changes Opacity to 50%. Note that the Opacity slider is unaffected and still shows 100%.

Thanks for looking into this as it seems to be a really basic bug.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-as-designed  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Upload and prototype wire bug

You cannot add an interaction links to anything whilst a prototype is uploading. (It's like there is only one model/dialogue box pop is able to be open)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Symbols and png are weird

Okay, so I create a symbol. Basically a white square. I set it as a symbol. then I duplicate my object 3 times (more or less, anyway). If I edit the background color of one, it works fine on others. GOOD.

Then, I drag & drop a png file on one of them. GREAT, the other ones changed to have the image too !!

Finally, I drap & drop another png on my symbol. And only one is changing to the new png file. Not the others unfortunately. I Think this is not a bug, but it is really weird…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Prototype overlay bug - dropdown simulation breaks across scrolling artboards

XD version: 13.1.32.8

Reproduction steps:
    1. Create a long, scrollable artboard for desktop
    2. Create another artboard using the exact same dimensions, to use as overlay (see attached pictures)
    3. Add dropdown element on artboard 2 using X/Y coords to align with the Select form element on artboard 1
    4. Switch to Prototype Mode. Add to aforementioned dropdown element a Tap/Overlay action pointing to Artboard 2, so as to simulate the show/hide dropdown action.

Expected Result:
    Since the two artboards are the same size, x/y element coordinates on Artboard 1 should correlate with those on Artboard 2. For the record,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Greetings Alberto:

Thanks for sharing your feedback! The video is especially useful – really appreciate it!

What you’re seeing is expected with how overlays are implemented today. The overlay is fixed to the position and will continue to appear in the place on the artboard it’s set to appear.

There’s a few Feature Requests that I encourage you to upvote for the workflow you’re looking for.

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/34701607
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/34624942

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

17. unable to undo a shape mask

Urgent Issue: unable to undo a shape mask.

issue: not getting the option to upgroup my mask in the menu drop down. also the method you provided in the previous bug comments to simple cut and paste does not work at all. it simply just delete the shape and the image I am trying to use and the mask remains.

Also the system will not allow me to upload a video displaying the issue. What type of file format should I be using to upload a video to you system?

Do you not accept .swf files?

https://www.screencast.com/t/rCcKrcu03yGV

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Font missing while device preview using Adobe XD App on IOS

In the preview on my iPhone there's just Adobe Fonts possible. But we're using a specific webfont from LucasFonts. So the preview with the Adobe XD app is useless. After waiting for XD-features for years just switched from Sketch to XD. But now I have to switch back to Sketch??? It's a good idea of font-rendering (faster?) but please allow PNGs on the preview, too for non adobe fonts (typekit)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-as-designed  ·  0 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. XD pans while moving items because of finger movement on Magic Mouse

When I move an item around the screen (not necessarily to the edges of the window), I keep the LMB of my Magic Mouse down. That's logical. But while moving the mouse I probably shift the tip of my finger a bit on the sensitive area of the mouse, which results in panning of the canvas. It is reeeeaalllly annoying. Please disable mouse-panning while moving items.

Also, if I use the command key plus mouse "wheel" up or down to zoom, and decide that it is close or far enough, I let go of the command key. The inertia of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. XD doesn't work with 2009 Macbook Pro OS El Capitan 10.11.6

I am a mobile freelance designer (works remote and on-site). XD files I've worked on in my 2012 Mac do not open on my 2009 Macbook Pro with El Capitan 10.11.16 - although other latest adobe products work fine still, would love if there was a versioning ability for me. Ridiculous I have to shell out another $2K-$3K for a new laptop to access my XD files now.

Please create a versioning save as ability.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Julian:

Minimum system requirements for XD 13 (Oct 2018). Updating to 10.12.x or later is needed to launch. You still have access to XD 12 which works in MacOS 10.11 systems. For further details, see this page, https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/system-requirements.html

With monthly releases, XD is able to deliver meaningful new functionality in each new version. Supporting backward compatibility compromises the quality of the files.

Cheers!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base