Overrides in Master Components (consisting of other MCs) do not populate to instances
Hello XD Team,
Overrides in Master Components (consisting of other MCs) do not populate to instances.
- Create a master component (e.g. rectangle + text).
- Groupe 3 instances of this new master component and make a new master Component out of this group.
- Change any visual appearance withing the new big master component (eg. rectangle color / text color)
- paste an instance of this MC and see, that the color changes will not be displayed
this is a core functionality for us at IBM. Before this is fixed, we can not productively use XD.
I really hope you will be able to find a solution for this. It's possible in Sketch, but XD would be our choice to work with if core functionalies are given.
I've attatched a file demonstrating the issue.
I agree with this. I have also had a somewhat similar issue.
1) I have created a component "Website header" that consists of components for links and a logo.
2) I create various sizes of that component for the various screen resolutions. The master file looks perfect.
3) I then create a new working file.
4) Add the component file for "headers" to that working file.
5) Now XD creates a copy of the "logo" component (completely butchered) overlaying the correct logo. Nowhere does the second instance of this logo exist in the master component, yet in every copy of the component, it does.
Adobe please test your product before you release updates. I am currently advocating Figma over your product. You are all so far behind with 10x as many bugs. Your Feature request and bug count on this site is truly frightening for active users of this product.