Huge memory leak after pasting an artboard in an artboard name field… by mistake
I wanted to change an artboard, so I copied its name and deleted it. Then, I duplicated another artboard (⌘+C, ⌘+V). I didn't realise at first that I an entire artboard was in my clipboard so I went to paste it in the name field of the new artboard (on top of it, not in the side panel) 😬
The software froze, my computer started ventilating loudly, and after a minute or two, the software was using 18.59Go of memory 😳
- I am using the latest version of Adobe XD: 126.96.36.199 (Starter)
- I have a MacBook Air (13-inch, 2017) running macOS Mojave 10.14.6
I realised I had ⌘+C an artboard before pasting it in the name field, but I tried anyway to see if it would produce an error, and it did 😜
- The system message that macOS displayed after a few minutes of Adobe XD not responding (sorry guys, it's in French 🇫🇷)
Rémi Bardon commented
The bug is still here in 188.8.131.52 (Starter) running on macOS 10.14.6.
Rémi Bardon commented
Oh sorry Lalita, I didn't see your answer earlier 🤭
The scenario happened only once before (I didn't want my computer to freeze again 😅).
However, after reading your message, I tried again. And after a few tries, I found the exact scenario that makes the app leak memory 🎉 Would it be possible to send you a link to a private YouTube video link? It's a private project so I'd prefer not to share a screen recording here 😕
Also, I'll try updating the app in a few days to see if the problem is still here.
Waiting for your reply,
AdminLalita (Admin, Adobe) commented
Appreciate you sharing the details of the issue.
I tried your scenario with XD 22.0.12 on Macbook Pro (13 inch, 2017) running MacOS 10.14 but couldn't see the issue happening.
As you mentioned that issue happens every-time you try, I have some follow up questions
1. Do you see it happening with some specific file?
2. Would you be able to share a gif?
3. Most importantly can you please upgrade to latest XD version and check if you still see the issue happening?
We will definitely fix it only if we can reprove issue at our end for investigation.