Error 44:23 Sharing for development
Me and my team are having the error 44:23 coming up for the past week or so in different scenarios.
We work on Windows 10, one of us has XD enterprise and the rest of us have the free version, all with the most recent updates.
Scenario 1: Can't update existing links (generated before the updates) or create new ones if we have the "Include assets for download" checked. If we unchecked it, we can share the link for development. After that, if we check that again and updated the link, it worked.
Scenario 2: With our work method, we keep copies of the documents and we download them and work on those downloaded files to update something.
Today I downloaded a document and changed just the text size on 6 text boxes. I reuploaded the document so that my colleague could create the link for development (since she has the enterprise version), and the error 44:23 came up again.
We tried sizing down our artboards, removing some assets, unmark all for export, "Clean" some objects in the document, and we can't figure why it keeps happening.
Can someone help us understand where does the error come from?
Sorry to hear that you are encountering publish error while trying to update the links.
In-order for us to understand the exact scenario, can you explain what did you mean by – “I downloaded a document and changed just the text size on 6 text boxes. I re-uploaded the document so that my colleague could create the link for development”
1. Are you using a local or a cloud document?
2. If it is local document, are you keeping it in a shared server from where both you and your college keep doing changes?
3. Are you both publishing links from the same document or only one of you publish?
Okay, here's a hack to solve this problem:
1) Open the "Share for development" menu.
2) Uncheck the "Include assets for download" option.
3) Tap on "Create link".
4) The link will be created smoothly.
5) Now open the "Share for development" menu again.
6) Check the "Include assets for download" option.
7) Tap on "Update" and republish the link.
8) The link will get publish successfully - No 44:23 error! :-D
9) Open the design specs link. All assets will be available.
Let me know if this works for you.
Ana Mineiro commented
Attached are prints of the steps we've made.
We kept testing the file. We copied the items from each artboard and we later found that it was something in this specific one (that contains all the icons we've been using - and were not made components) that would generate de error. Still, we don't know if it's because of the icons used, the format or the shapes and paths... Is there any way to find which item in a document may have a problem within itself that may cause errors when exporting?
Cristi Banu commented
Same problem here.
- I am the only one publishing the designs.
- the files are on my local drive, not a shared server
My computer specs are
Windows 10, 64 bit
GeForce GTX 1060
16 GB RAM
This is very aggravating, my clients are very upset, please fix this soon. This is a production app guys, not a beta toy any more, we actually rely heavily on XD.
SUBBA VENKATA RAGHAVENDRA NUGGU commented
Can you please try to save the file locally and try to publish from it once?
Is it possible to share the design file with Adobe team for further investigation around this issue.
Thanks in advance
Ana Mineiro commented
1. We keep our work in Google Drive
2. We download the file and update with a new version on Drive
3. Only one generates the link to adobe cloud (that is, downloads the most recent version and generates the new link)
Hi, my team and I have the exact same issue. We tried this from different accounts, different devices and different networks. But the same problem persists.
The only common factor between the devices is the version of macOS being used.
Here are some details that may be useful to you.
Device: iMac21.5", late 2012
OS: macOS Mojave version 10.14.6 (18G87)
Adobe version: 220.127.116.11
Creative cloud sync 18.104.22.1682