Martin Klausen commented
Reading the comments i figured it out. You cant select the wire, you need to select the element itself. It's a bit weird that its disabled, i think this could be improved.
Thanks, Will and Scott. It helps. But it really weird update =(
Will Hicks commented
You're absolutely correct!
Up to a recent update, you used to be able to click only on the 'nub' and it would show the overlay with the positioner in the middle. This is the only way I've ever seen the functionality in XD for overlays.
Now, as you quite rightly point out, you have to select the whole object to show the positioner in the middle.
I've attached a screenshot to show the nub selection and the whole object selection.
It's been bugging me all morning, so I'm glad it's not just me!
Lalita, in answer to your questions:
1) a. Add an overlay via prototype (doesn't matter what type)
b. De-select it as if you have moved on to something else
c. Re-select the 'nub' and the positioner in the middle of the green overlay 'x' will be missing
d. De-select it as if you've moved on to something else
e. Re-select the whole object that's subject to the overlay & the 'x' will be there.
2) MacOS Mojave 10.14.1 & Adobe XD 18.104.22.168 (and previous version - I updated to check if it had been fixed)
3) I cannot provide more than the screenshots - sorry!
4) A restart of XD, machine or update to latest version of XD does not change the functionality.
Scott C. commented
I think I've figured it out.
Previously (I believe), you could select the nub/tab for the linked line to the overlay and it would allow you to move the overlay. Now you have to select the OBJECT instead.
Scott C. commented
I'm having the same issue as well. Steps to reproduce are link up an overlay. When I go to move it, I end up moving an object. Actually, I wonder why we can move elements in prototype mode. Shouldn't that just be reserved for design mode?
OS: Windows 10
AdminLalita (Admin, Adobe) commented
That is strange, we never heard of such problem.
Could you please mention
1. How did you end up into that state? Steps to reach that state if you see it consistently would help.
2. XD version and OS version you are using.
3. If you could provide your test file where you see this issue happening, we can dig into the issue further.
4. Also does restart of XD or reopening of the document helps in this case?