Design Specs: individual character-select (in single text-box) no longer working
Apparently the Design Specs view was recently updated. My devs like the overall concept alright, but they cannot click-in to select individual characters within a text box. This is problematic, since, as the designer, I can apply different fonts, styles, weights, and colors to different characters - all within a single text box.
I guess they used to be able to double click to access the exact specs for the characters inside the text box, but now only the text box is selecting.
So, either the designer should not be able to change the characters within the text box (please, God, no) OR the devs need to be able to click into the text box and select individual characters and get the design specs for them.
1. Create a new artboard
2. Add a text box to your artboard and add 2 sentences.
3. Click into the text box and select the 2nd sentence.
4. Change the font, color, and/or weight of the 2nd sentence.
5. Export for development
6. Invite [a developer/other user] to view the design specs
7. Have that user attempt to get the separate design specs for each of the 2 sentences on the artboard you created.
Anita Subedi commented
Thankyou for reporting the issue.
This feature is working absolutely fine, am not seeing any issue.
Please provide me necessary information:
Which Browser you are using?
Please Share the test file for better understanding the issue.