Overridden properties are reset after the linked component updated
Overridden child components will be reset/removed after the parent linked component updates.
Watch the `bug demo` video in the attachment for more details.
This Bug can be reproduced by following steps:
1. Create a new XD file.
2. Copy all three components in `source file` to the new file created in step 1.
3. Replace `icon-oval` with `icon-rect` in the `list-cell` copied in step 2.
4. Override the fill color of `icon-rect` to #ff0000(or any different color).
5. Switch back to `source file`. Update the text position in the master component of `list-cell`.
6. Save the changes of `source file`.
7. Switch to the file created in step 1.
8. After received the components' update changes, update all linked components.
9. You will knowtice that the changes we did in step 3 was removed.
Hello Sean, Su
Thanks for your report, including the steps and movie. It is reproducible, and I have logged a bug internally for it.
In general, overrides in linked components are respected. But in this case, the bug occurs when you have replaced a nested component in a linked component, and then make a new component from this linked component. After updating the master component in the source file, the replaced nested component does indeed revert back to the prior nested component in the linked component, so the “replaced” override is getting lost.
As a temporary workaround until it’s fixed, if you instead first create the new component from the linked component and then replace the nested component – when you update the master component in source you won’t encounter the bug.
Sean, Su commented
Typo in step 9: knowtice -> notice