Cannot open .xd files located in Box Drive
- Adobe XD CC Starter 22.214.171.124 on Windows 10 Professional 1803 / 1809
- Repro step- Double-click an XD file located in the Box Drive folder.
- We expect to be able to open XD files from synced drives in the same way that they work from the local filesystem.
- The XD application opens and users are presented with 'There was an error opening the file (Error code: 165) ' . Launching XD manually and then attempting to open the file from within the application doesn't work either, there is no error but the file is not opened and XD stays on the splash screen.
- screencap attached
Do you see this problem when working with local files? Doesn’t seem like it but wanted to confirm.
The best way to have files synced to cloud, is by using XD Cloud file saving, https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/manage-work-cloud-documents.html
To help investigate what might be happening, can you do the following:
- Run Creative Cloud log collector tool
- Post resulting logs in cloud drive (WeTransfer, Dropbox, etc) and share link with me firstname.lastname@example.org, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html
Lee Booy commented
We are experiencing the same issue with Box Drive
- marking the file as available offline also doesn't help
- If we drag it to the desktop it works fine
- Other adobe files are opening fine
- If we use Box Sync they open fine
Let me know if you would like a second set of log files.
My team was facing the same problem. A workaround that seems to be working so far is to use Box Sync instead of Box Drive. Let me know how it works out!
Chris Anderson commented
The XD files work perfectly when saved to another location.
I opened tickets with Box.com engineering and after several days they confirmed this is a bug with Adobe and to pursue your team for a resolution.
Here are the Creative Cloud logs - https://gradifi.box.com/shared/static/37f6ourmjmdhyc8r926fzxrx16hp1o6w.zxp
We would love to get this working so that we can unify our document management strategy instead of splitting part of our workflow out to Adobe Cloud files as well.
Thank you for the support!