Make XD run stable! fix bugs instead of releasing features.
I like that Adobe has released a multi platform prototyping tool with XD. Anyways it sometimes can be very very annoying working with adobe xd, since it has so many bugs. Instead of releasing new features I belive Adobe should be more focused on getting XD stable and bug free!
Hello, see below for answers.
- Doesn’t react to key-events anymore (happens very often)
I think this may be due to known issue, https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/34689346 While not completely fixed, our latest release (XD 14) has some improvements.
- Doesn’t sync to the cloud correctly (Icons, images, etc. don’t showing up on cloud-prototype – I think in export-files as well)
I’m not sure if you mean, updating your prototype doesn’t show the changes made in the file, or saving to cloud drive does not sync the file. Can you clarify?
- Sometimes vertical scrolling by clicking shirft + scroll, doesn’t work (it is zooming instead of scrolling sidewards)
I think this is another symptom of the above keyboard response issue.
- No Pointer-Event, when hovering a project in cloud.
Can you share more details about this? I’m not sure what you mean.
- Clients cant log into the prototype and have to be removed from invitation list and get invited again.
What happens when the issue is encountered?
- Prototype cant be updated (error) will only work after restarting Adobe-XD
Do you encounter an error when trying to update?
ron doran commented
Each time I make changes in XD it freezes and I have to restart XD to continue on which is becoming annoying and I will give up eventually and use something else
1) Key-Events - so why isn't this problem fixed yet, shouldn't this be more important than extending the features of xd?
2) Sync Problems - I does update the prototype but single element such as icons sometimes doesn't show up f.e.
3) Vertical Scrolling - I don't think so, If it was related to the key-event-bug it shouldn't zoom instead of scrolling side wards (if it's related to the key-event-bug it should scroll up and down - isn't it?)
4) Cloud-Prototype - (It's a small thing, but it's bad practice) hovering the project tiles in cloud (where I can choose between different xd prototypes, to access these) doesn't show up a pointer on hovering the tiles.
5) clients cant access - I sended them a new invide to prototype, after this it is working again. Currently I share the xd-file instead using the cloud-prototype (cz. of the problems I have with the prototype - if customers use mac I currently use sketch instead of xd.
6) cant update prototype - yes not sure what it sayed.
Hope Adobe will focus more on stability than on new features, so working with adobe is more fun again.
thanks for asking
I have problems running Adobe XD stable on my systems (windows + mac) - further more I already saw most of the bugs in the list below in adobexd.usevoice, which where not fixed till now
- The program is often crashing
Doesn’t react to key-events anymore (happens very often)
Doesn’t sync to the cloud correctly (Icons, images, etc. don’t showing up on cloud-prototype – I think in export-files as well)
Sometimes vertical scrolling by clicking shirft + scroll, doesn’t work (it is zooming instead of scrolling sidewards)
No Pointer-Event, when hovering a project in cloud.
Clients cant log into the prototype and have to be removed from invitation list and get invited again.
Prototype cant be updated (error) will only work after restarting Adobe-XD
So, as you can see there are many issues. Adobe XD is (if I got it right) a product for professional use!? I can’t tell my clients such things ain’t working right with the software I use – it’s a no go! So in my opinion Adobe should more focus on getting software run stable instead of releasing new features. Don’t get me wrong, I love the Features you‘ve released yet, and I’m sure I’ll love these which will follow. But in a professional use these bugs aren’t acceptable.